Dr. George Tang, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 49

Dr. Tang

Huntington Orthopedics

39 Congress St Fl 2 Pasadena, CA 91105

Dr. George Tang, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Pasadena, CA and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine Science/The Chicago Medical School in 1997 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgeons in your area

• Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Tang accepts

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Tang's experience treating your condition or procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. George Tang, MD...

Offer evening visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Communicate via email?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Tang's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tang

2.9

Dr. Tang?
Dr. Tang's Performance
What People Say About Dr. George Tang, MD
Inattentive and unprofessional. Doesn't care about your health.
BlueAct – Jan 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Tang, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Tang for nearly 2 years, primarily for arthritis in my shoulder. last year, he removed a large bone spur from my shoulder and just 3 weeks ago, he performed a total shoulder joint replacement. I feel that he listens to me, understands my concerns, and speaks to me as an equal player in my care. I find him compassionate and caring and would highly recommend him to anyone who needed upper body orthopedic care.
Betsy – Oct 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Tang, MD?
As much as I USUALLY love Doctors at Huntington Hospital as well as the hospital itself. Dr. Tang is a Dr. I will NEVER go again or recommend him to ANYONE! One the wait time is usually long, but here’s the main reason...l I’ve had problems with my knees for over 10 years he did the same surgery another Dr did on one knee it didn’t work again! I went back early my incision hurt. They sent me home... went back wk later as I said it was infected and then they give me medicine! I complained about taking Norco too often cause of the pain and I didn’t like the feeling or sleeping 24/7. He suggests to put me on something stronger. Then he wants to reconstruct my knees case I was loosing cartilage. I went and got 2 other opinions and I’m NOT loosing ANY cartilage it’s all intact! The diagnosis Dr. Tang gave me was WAY OFF!! If he helped you I’m glad if you’re looking for an orthopedic surgeon keep looking!!
Sep 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Tang, MD?
This trip was my third visit to Dr. Tang, and this one was unusual. I was injured while officiating a high school football game. I knew I had an arm injury when I took my shirt off and had an obvious problem. The ER at a different hospital said I had nothing wrong, sooo, enter Dr Tang. After a quick and obvious diagnosis surgery was scheduled and performed where he re attached my distal biceps tendon. It’s kinda, sorta, almost like Tommy John surgery. It turned out great thanks to Dr. Tang.
Apr 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Tang, MD?
Dr. Tang has done replacement surgery on both the left Hip and left shoulder, the results have been outstanding. I would rate him right up there with the very best surgeons in Pasadena and it was a real pleasure to have him as my doctor.
Michael Hutcheson in Pasadena, CA – Apr 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Tang, MD?
My experience with Dr. Tang and his staff was really bad. Surgery went wrong; seems like they do not realize that they are dealing with people. His late to his appointments and demonstrated no feelings for my pain and frustration after he told me that I will need another surgery.
Norma H. in Glendale, CA – Feb 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Tang, MD?
fantastic experience with dr tang at huntington hospital broke my arm and his professionalism and expertise really shined
kerry m in Los Angeles, CA – Aug 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Tang, MD?
Surprised at the reviews! I love Dr Tang, and his assistants are always helpful. Had to have knee surge46, everything went well. I think maybe the follow ups should be a bit more thorough, but nothing bad to say about Dr. Tang!
Leslie in Pasadena, ca – Apr 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Tang, MD?
Dr Tang is always late. I was his first patient of the day for surgery and he was almost an hour late. I make a point of being his first appointment either of the day or after lunch and he is invariably about 30 minutes behind. Based on my experience, he is technically a great surgeon but he needs to provide his patients with: A friendly staff that is able to pretend to be even slightly interested in the patient, something beyond a third-world waiting room, wifi, etc.
Pasadena, CA – Mar 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Tang, MD?
His office is cold and indifferent. His assistant Monica is the worst. Well, her assistant Angela might be a little worse. Don't bother asking when your surgery is, hoping to make arrangements ahead of time when they'll make you wait weeks. And they don't care. My car gets better treatment. Don't these people realize they're dealing with people who are going to have surgery? Have their bones drilled and screws put in? What is this place? and the office manager, Joe, is no help.
AnneB in Glendale, CA – Jan 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Tang, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tang?

Dr. George Tang, M.D., is a top-rated Orthopedic Surgeon and Sports Medicine Specialist in Pasadena, CA, offering custom care solutions for musculoskeletal diseases and injuries in both adult and pediatric patients. At Huntington Orthopedics, Dr. Tan...

1997