Dr. George Nissan, DO

Neurology ·  Male · Age 46

Dr. Nissan

North Texas Institute of Neurology and Headache

5425 W Spring Creek Pkwy Ste 275 Plano, TX 75024

Dr. George Nissan, DO is a neurology specialist in Plano, TX and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine Of Midwestern University in 1999 and specializes in neurology, internal medicine, and more.

Dr. Nissan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nissan

4.1

Dr. Nissan?
Dr. Nissan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. George Nissan, DO
Drastically over prescribed medication to me. A lot of patients probably like this because being in pain is so difficult. But in the long run it was very detrimental to my health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Nissan, DO?
I have been seeing Dr. Nissan for about a year and a half and am grateful to have found him. Prior to him, I had tried two different neurologists in Dallas for my chronic migraines but could not find the right fit. The first appointment I had with Dr. Nissan, he met with me for a long time and was very thorough in getting all my migraine and treatment history. Every appointment since he has continued to take the time to sit and see how I am doing or if any changes to my treatment need to be made. He is friendly and charismatic (which can be hard to find when it comes to neurologists). He’s extremely knowledgeable and always up to date on the latest research and newest treatment methods. All in all, a great doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Nissan, DO?
He is always thorough and listens to his pts. He has literally given me my life back. The entire staff treats you as if you are the only person there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Nissan, DO?
Very unprofessional staff. They canceled my appointments on 3 separate occasions on the day of the appointment. But they scolded me when I tried to reschedule well in advance of the appointment day. Patent is not advised when he/she needs to return to see a doctor to continue and evaluate further treatment. When tried contacting doctor directly I was told he would not return my call and all upcoming appointment to see him and continue treatment were rudely canceled.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Nissan, DO?
Dr. Nissan has been a lifesaver for me. I suffered from a month long cluster migraine and he, combined with my excellent primary care doctor (Dr. Nelson Simmons), formulated a plan to break my migraine cycle and prevent future suffering. Dr. Nissan spends a great deal of time getting to know his patients and creates a plan that is actionable to address your needs. Dr. Nissan makes it his mission to get his patients healthy in the safest way possible. I highly recommend him! Patient for 2 yrs
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Nissan, DO?
I was experienced a 6 week long migraine, with no relief from my typical treatments, and was bedridden. I lived in Oklahoma and could not find anyone who would see me asap.. We found Dr. Nissan in Dallas, who saw me immediately. He explained that I had "chronic" migraines, and he gave me relief from my longest migraine. Afterwards, he taught me so much about chronic migraines, and he started me on a multifacited treatment plan. He remained invested in me. I now can life my life again! Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Nissan, DO?
I've been a patient of Dr. Nissan for 4 years. He is a wonderful and caring doctor. He took the time to determine the cause of my migraines and a solution. I would highly recommend Dr. Nissan!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Nissan, DO?
Dr Nissan is a tremendous physician. He has been treating my daily (4 a day) migraines since 2012. I am down to 1 migraine a day and sometimes I go a day without any migraines. Yes I still have migraines but my quality of life has drastically changed. I would highly recommend Dr Nissan. I spread his name to all I come in contact with that have migraines or have loved ones fighting this debilitating disease. He has become a hero to my health and my mind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Nissan, DO?
After years of seeing Dr.Nissan he left Baylor. He assured me he had transferred my case to another dr. and provided all my records to him and discussed my case. When actually, he left me with no one to help me, refill prescriptions or go to if I needed help for my medical condition. I called him at his new office. He had a woman call and say, "we don't see people like you".And I was a nice, loyal patient of 5+ years. For 2 months I've had no Dr and I'm in so much pain the ER is my only option.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Nissan, DO?
My migraines went chronic over five years ago and Dr. Nissan was my lifeline to learning to manage my life. I am significantly better today and found a preventive regimen that works with his help and diligence. If you have a headache disorder, go sit and speak with him about it. The man saved me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Nissan, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Nissan?

I believe in listening closely to patients and their medical histories, and then creating a long-term plan for prevention and treatment of chronic headache disorders.

• Neurology

2002
2000
1999
1993

Dr. Nissan accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Nissan has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(972) 403-8184Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Nissan's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Nissan's Top Procedures and Conditions

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Nissan treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Nissan treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Migraine

Dr. Nissan treats Migraine more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Nissan treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Basilar Migraine