Dr. George Nissan, DO

Internal Medicine | Male

Dr. George Nissan, DO
My interest in headache medicine began while in college. I spent a summer working at the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago after my junior year and knew that I wanted to be a headache medicine physician. I saw how migraine and other chronic headache disorders impacted each patient's life and how gratifying it was to improve the quality of life with long term prevention and lifestyle modification.

Dr. Nissan's Care Philosophy

I believe in listening closely to patients and their medical histories, and then creating a long-term plan for prevention and treatment of chronic headache disorders.

Dr. Nissan's Experience

See how Dr. Nissan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Nissan

Dr. Nissan accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Nissan is now accepting new patients

Dr. Nissan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nissan to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Nissan's Performance
in Texarkana, Texas |
I've been a patient of Dr. Nissan for 4 years. He is a wonderful and caring doctor. He took the time to determine the cause of my migraines and a solution. I would highly recommend Dr. Nissan!
in Claremore, OK |
Dr Nissan is a tremendous physician. He has been treating my daily (4 a day) migraines since 2012. I am down to 1 migraine a day and sometimes I go a day without any migraines. Yes I still have migraines but my quality of life has drastically changed. I would highly recommend Dr Nissan. I spread his name to all I come in contact with that have migraines or have loved ones fighting this debilitating disease. He has become a hero to my health and my mind.
Euless, TX |
After years of seeing Dr.Nissan he left Baylor. He assured me he had transferred my case to another dr. and provided all my records to him and discussed my case. When actually, he left me with no one to help me, refill prescriptions or go to if I needed help for my medical condition. I called him at his new office. He had a woman call and say, "we don't see people like you".And I was a nice, loyal patient of 5+ years. For 2 months I've had no Dr and I'm in so much pain the ER is my only option.
in Texas |
My migraines went chronic over five years ago and Dr. Nissan was my lifeline to learning to manage my life. I am significantly better today and found a preventive regimen that works with his help and diligence. If you have a headache disorder, go sit and speak with him about it. The man saved me.
in Celina TX |
Best doctor in Texas. He is very knowledgeable, listens and understands, while being kind and friendly. He worked with me to find the right combination of medicines to stop my Migraines. He is so astute about medicines, he quickly determined the correct treatment. I can't say enough good about Dr Nissan. I highly recommend him to all, and especially to those who have suffered for years with Migraines.
in Irving, Tx |
Dr. Nissan restored our confidence in the medical industry. He was thorough, attentive, precise, and practical. He actually took notes by hand, instead of staring into a computer screen. With his recommendations I experienced positive results the first day! Salute for his patient care!
Dallas, TX |
He seems only comfortable with one treatment. If there is no improvement, all he can think is to keep increasing the dose and sending you multiple times for infusion treatment. It takes his office months to submit the treatment for insurance approval, resulting in overall waiting period extending several months while you are miserable with migraines. The insurance person at the office is really unresponsive and rude, Calling insurance to check status takes them two business days! Terrible!!!!!
in Mesquite, TX |
Dr. Nissan is the first doctor I've had in 20 years that truly listened to my struggles with migraine headaches and then spent well over an hour helping me establish a new game plan to fight them. Do yourself a favor and make him your doctor if you prefer to avoid the ego and lack of compassion that unfortunately comes with too many specialists. I don't think I've ever been this encouraged by a doctor and we just got started! Seriously, you won't find a better migraine doctor in Dallas.
Have you seen Dr. George Nissan, DO?
Are you Dr. Nissan?

Compare Dr. Nissan

Dr. Nissan says...

My interest in headache medicine began while in college. I spent a summer working at the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago after my junior year and knew that I wanted to be a headache medicine physician. I saw how migraine and other chronic headache disorders impacted each patient's life and how gratifying it was to improve the quality of life with long term  prevention and lifestyle modification.

Dr. Nissan's Care Philosophy

Dr. Nissan says...

I have been working exclusively in a headache medicine specialty practice since 2003 and have experience in both inpatient and outpatient settings.

Botox for chronic migraine

Dr. Nissan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Nissan has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Nissan's Board Certifications

Graduated in 1993

• Other Education
    Ucns Certified In Headache Medicine

Completed in 2008

Dr. Nissan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nissan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Headache Medicine