Dr. George Monks, MD

Dr. George Monks, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. George Monks, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Tulsa, OK. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 18 years.

2121 E 21st St

Tulsa, OK 74114

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • Community Care Network

Learn about Dr. Monks

See how frequently Dr. Monks performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Tinea Versicolor
Itchy Skin
Skin Infections

Dr. Monks's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Keloid Scar
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, or Poison Sumac Poisoning

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Okla Univ Hlth Sci Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Monks has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Monks does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Monks and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Monks' Reviews

GOOD
    GOOD
    FAIR
in Broken Arrow |
Not sure what some of the others who commented had for expectations. I've seen Dr. Monks for several years. He is a "no non-sense" guy. Gets to the point and always leans to the side of caution. His referrals to Dr. Myers were, in my opinion, made in my best interest. He always shakes my hand on arrival then thanks me for my business when my visit is over. That's what I'm paying for, medical attention not a "chit-chat" session.
Owasso, OK |
Dr Monks spent hardly any time with me on my 2 visits to him. Like literally 10 min if that and just ordered 2 biopsies. The first time he said I was having an allergic reaction to my BP meds, but when it came back he then said it was eczema. Went to a new dermatologist for a 2nd opinion who asked several questions, actually examined me and spent time with me. He determined it was psoriasis that I've had all along. I do not recommend him at all.
in Tulsa, OK |
My 11 year old daughter was referred to Dr. Monks for treatment of skin cancer. Dr. Monks' assistant was nasty and unhelpful. She refused to set an appointment claiming the fact that my daughter qualified for Sooner Care (though we were not using Sooner Care) legally prohibited scheduling. As a lawyer practicing in health care, I knew this was false. Don't risk putting private health care information in the hands of renegade, dishonest office help. Your info is only as private as they keep it.
in Vian, OK |
Best doctor ever. Lucky me to have Dr Monks on my team.
Tulsa, OK |
He never even ask to look at my skin, but diagnosed me incorrectly. I just got back from another Dr who examined me from head to toe. I will never refer him to anyone. Very full of himself and spent a total of 5 min with me. His nurse stayed and answered questions for me.
in Broken Arrow, OK |
Dr. Monks is always friendly, very professional, on time and I feel like he takes enough time with me to make sure all of my issues or questions are answered.
in Tulsa, OK |
I would not recommend Dr. Monks to my worst enemy. He has no desire to treat his patients as human beings, and clearly sees them as walking dollar signs. Without even looking at my skin, he made an emotionally jarring, and let me add, incorrect diagnosis. I left his office in tears, and will never go back.
in Tulsa, OK |
Focuses on proving his preconceived, but later proven erroneous diagnoses. Quite impressed with himself. Acts like he is doing the patient a favor by seeing them. He'll make a diagnosis before he even fully enters the room, and doesn't do exams. He;s ripe for a malpractice suit. A waste of time & money. His office repeatedly bills, even after being paid in full by insurance & patient.
Have you seen Dr. George Monks, MD?
Are you Dr. Monks?