Dr. George Lazarou, MD

Dr. George Lazarou, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male | 47 years old

To me, it's important to treat incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse with the latest in minimally invasive techniques, and to treat every woman like she is familyRead more

Women's Contemporary Care

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Lazarou's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Lazarou's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lazarou

Dr. Lazarou accepts 12 insurance carriers

12 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Lazarou has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Lazarou

Dr. Lazarou's Review Details
5 based on 103 responses
Experience with Dr. Lazarou
Dr. Lazarou's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (98)
in Lynbrook, NY |
Dr Lazarou is wonderful! From the time I met him and discussed my health issue to my post op visit. He will explain everything to you, will address any concerns you have and most of all made me feel comfortable. His staff his wonderful too! Friendly ,courteous and professional are the three words I would use to describe Dr. Lazarou and his staff.
in bellmore, ny |
he did an excellent job and had a nice mannerism.
in Shoreham, NY |
Dr Lazarou is an outstanding doctor. He is very competent, proactive, and he is an excellent surgeon. Dr. Lazarou performed my hysterectomy and bladder lift successfully, and I have full confidence in his ability. He is also a devoted doctor to his patients. You feel as if you have a friend who is watching out for you. He is friendly and caring, and I would never go to anyone else but him.
in Pawleys Island S.C. |
Dr. Lazarou always made me feel comfortable talking to him about my problems. I feel that he cares very much about his patients and is always happy when we feel better. I live out of state but feel it is worth it to travel back to N.Y. to have such a caring doctor as Dr. Lazarou.
in Jackson Heights, New York |
Dr. Lazarou performed my surgery 4 weeks ago. From the moment I meet with him I knew I had found the right Doctor. He is very professional, caring and concerned. I absolutely recommend him without a doubt he is the best. His staff also are absolutely adorable. Thank so Much
in MASSAPEQUA |
My experience with Dr Lazarou was excellent. I would recommend him to friends and family
in Massapequa, NY |
He explained everything very well and I knew exactly what to expect. I wish I had done this years ago. He put my husband and I at such ease and I would recommend him and his whole staff to any woman is experiencing a similar problem. He described everything with the computer so I knew what to expect.
in Cedarhurst, NY |
Dr. Lazarou made me feel comfortable and took time to talk to me and explain the procedures being done and the results of my tests, so that I would understand the findings. I didn't feel rushed. I would definitely recommend him.
in Queens, NY |
Very pleasant and easy to talk to. He makes you feel comfortable about your treatment, Also listen to your issue and try to relieve them.
in West Babylon, NY |
From the moment Dr. Lazarou introduced himself as George I knew I had found the right doctor. I was very nervous about having the procedure I needed {which was in March 2016}. He made me feel at ease, answered all my questions, responded to my telephone calls, he is caring, understanding and in my opinion and EXCELLENT Dr. Would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Massapequa, NY |
Dr. Lazarou performed my surgery six weeks ago. I am not a young women and I was very apprehensive. He put me at ease. I feel great. I am really happy that I had it done.I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Lazarou. He is efficient. professional and caring.
in Merrick, NY |
Dr. Lazarou performed major surgery on me 6 weeks ago. I can honestly say that due to his skillful expertise, from the time I awoke from anesthesia to today, I experienced NO PAIN whatsoever! Dr. Lazarou earned my faith & trust because he was thorough in explaining the procedure, patient & clear in answering questions, & compassionate in calming my nerves. His bedside manner is exceptional. If you've been searching for a doctor who values each of his patients individually, search no more!
in Merrick, NY |
Dr. Lazarou performed my hysterectomy 6 weeks ago. From the moment I awoke from anesthesia to today, I can honestly say that I experience no pain whatsoever! I was amazed at the ease of my recuperation and credit this surgeon's exceptional skill. Prior to scheduling surgery, Dr. L was thorough in explaining what would take place, patient in answering questions, & compassionate in easing my concerns. Trust & faith in doctors is hard to come by, but Dr. Lazarou has earned mine unconditionally!
in Deer Park, NY |
I cannot recommend & thank Dr. Lazarou enough. After having 4 children I had severe urinary incontenance at age 36) as well as a rectal prolapse. I was very nervous about the tests that would need to be performed. Dr. Lazarou put me at ease and was extremely professional, as was his staff. I eventually had the surgery needed to repair my prolapse & incontenance. The surgery and post care went wonderfully. Dr. Lazarou was available to answer any of my questions. Appointments are easily made.
in Ridgewood, NY |
I called the office to make my first appontment and the woman that picked up the phone was just plain nasty. After talking to her I was glad that the appontment date she gave me was so far away that I had to cancel the whole thing. I wouldn't want to meet or deal with her again!
in Syosset, NY |
Exceptionally knowledgable, very professional, and the most caring doctor I have ever met. Dr. George Lazarou will take his time to make sure he will get to the bottom of the problem. He will answer any question. Also Dr. Lazarou is very personable and down to earth.
in Amityville, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Lazarou for any one looking for a specialist in his field. Unbelievable the service I received from him and his staff. I had surgery at Winthrop hospital. Top of the line service.
in Hempstead, NY |
Dr. Lazarou has the most wonderful and cheerful personality. My first visit I felt comfortable with him right away.
in Huntington Station, NY |
First time I met Dr. Lazarou, he introduced himself, Hi, I'm George, nice to meet you. He immediately put me at ease and I felt very comfortable with talking to him. He is kind, listens to my questions and usually replies to my phone calls within 1/2 hour. He is a wonderful doctor and I recommend him to any woman who may be uncomfortable with seeing an OB/GYN. He performed surgery on me and was always just a phone call away when I had any questions. There should be more doctors like him!
in Hempstead, NY |
I was referrre4d to Dr. Lazarou by my Nephrologist, Dr. Masani having symptoms of an overactive bladder. A number of tests were performed by both Drl. Lazarou and his nurse to discover
in Seaford, NY |
Dr. Lazarou is an outstanding physician with caring and attention you rarely experience today. I felt confident about my surgery before and after. His caring nature makes it easy to ask questions and communicate in any way. Highly recommend. The entire experience from my visits with the doctor, the office, scheduling, winthrop...incredible.
in New York |
Dr. Lazarou is a wonderful doctor. Knowledgeable and friendly. He performed my surgery and and I very happy with the results. I have also seen him for other routine visits. I'm happy to travel a few extra miles to see him. Excellent.
in Lindenhurst, NY |
Dr Lazarou is a caring and dedicated doctor. He answered all my questions and put me at ease before my surgery and was there for me afterwards as well. He and his staff are very thorough and take there time. I never feel rushed.
in Massapequa New York, NY |
Dr Lazarou is knowledgeable, thorough, compassionate and friendly. He has all the qualities and qualifications a patient needs Ina Doctor.
in Oyster Bay, NY |
Dr. Lazarou is a great doctor he is friendly and compassionate. He really helped me get to the bottom of the issue I was having!
in Manhasset, NY |
Dr. Lazarou is kind compassionate and extremely knowledgable in his area of expertise. I always feel confident in his diagnoses.
in Levittown, NY |
He is very kind and considerate, as well as very caring and very thorough at explaining everything
in Woodbury, NY |
A very skilled surgeon with a wonderful bedside manner, a rare combination these days. He was patient and gave me all the time needed to explain the procedure and ask questions. He and his staff were simply the best! Superior care from start to finish. I would highly recommend him to family and friends.
in New York, NY |
The real doctor who is treating and curing his patients. Very professional, organized, polite and responsive. Highly recommend Doctor Lazarou.
in Long Beach, NY |
HAD SURGERY FOR PELVIS MESH REVISION, EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE. HOSPITAL STAFF EXCELLENT.
in Farmingdale, NY |
Wonderful bedside manner. Explained all my options and helped me make my decision easier.
in Middle Village, NY |
He make you and your family comfortable. He answers all your questions. When he tells you not to worry it will take time. He is correct.
in Jackson Heights, NY |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Lazarou with hard regard to any of my family members and to all my friends. He did a surgery for me and I couldn't believe how well everything, the whole process, went. This was a big surgery and I hardly had any pain or discomfort. My healing process was amazing because he made sure everything was taking care in the proper manner. Thank you Dr, Lazarou.
in Huntington Station, NY |
I was highly recommended to Dr. Lazarou regarding a prolapsed uterus. At my first appointment with Dr. Lazarou we spoke about my situation, gave me a full examination and was very forthcoming. On my next two visits I was tested in order to evaluate the extent of my condition. He explained everything very clearly regarding a surgery but did not presser me in any manner. He is a very caring doctor and answered all my questions. The surgery went smoothly and he was very attentive after.
Have you seen Dr. George Lazarou, MD?
Are you Dr. George Lazarou, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Lazarou

More Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists like Dr. Lazarou at Women's Contemporary Care

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Cervical Polyps
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Stones
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Thrombosis
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary-Genital Tract Fistula, Female

• Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

UMDNJ--Robert Wood Johnson Medical School

Graduated in 1994

Umdny-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School

Completed in 1995

University of Medicine And Dentistry of New Jersey / Robert Wood Johnson Medical School

Completed in 1998

Albert Einstein College Of Medicine and Montefiore Medcial Center In Bronx

Completed in 2001

New York University

Graduated in 1990

Dr. Lazarou has no media or publications listed.

• Greek

Dr. Lazarou does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lazarou and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Lazarou's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Lazarou

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Lazarou's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Lazarou

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Lazarou's Care Philosophy