Dr. George Kunhardt, MD

Practices Obstetrics & Gynecology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 18 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Kunhardt was exceptional! He made my experience very positive. Was thorough, kind, and professional. I highly recommend him.
Author:
Dr. Kunhardt is a kind, gentle and knowledgeable Dr. Five stars for Dr. Kunhardt. He will no longer be my Dr., but only because I moved out of the area.
Author:
Dr. Kunhardt is one of the most caring, dedicated and informed doctors I have ever worked with. He was clear and compassionate in his diagnosis and treatment and went above and beyond to be available for phone consultation and well as office visits. I highly recommend Dr. Kunhardt to any woman seeking treatment for hysterectomy and ob/gyn related issues. He renewed my faith in the health care system in San Luis Obispo. Thank you to you and your team Dr. Kunhardt!
Author:
Exelent, Dr. Kunhardt and Staff are the best!! He is very Professional and is very kind and Funny. My first baby was a Cesarean and I wanted to have a VBAC with my second but every doctor I was seen by would tell me that there was no way I could have my second baby Vaginal... Guess What!! Dr. Kunhardt gave me HOPE and My VBAC was a success THANKS to him and all the lovely nurse at Sierra Vista.. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! Definitely recommend Dr. Kunhardt :) THANK YOU!
Author:
If you have a high risk pregnancy this is not the doctor. He has some sort problem with the high risk doctor at Sierra Vista and would not look at the ultra sound. He put myself and my child at risk because he desperately wanted to right. The on call doctor that delivered my child explained that Dr. Kunhardt makes numerous mistakes and he is there to clean up his messes. Remember that you dont want to be one of his messes. It is not worth your child life.
If a consulting specialist recommends induction I review your entire history and the latest literature. For example a "Grade III" placenta was an indication for early delivery in the past, but there is NO current literature supporting, as long as the baby's growth is maintaining, the fluid around the baby has not dropped to lower than 5 cm & the NST shows the baby's heart rate is reactive. Induction of a first baby carries a 32-60 percent risk of a C-Section frequently for fetal distress.
Author:
Charming and smart??Quick and perfect..no time wasted before and after my surgery..
Author:
You can't find a better Doctor than Dr. Kunhardt! I had a complicated hysterectomy and more complications once the doctor got in there! I'm so grateful to have chosen a doctor with so much experience! He did a great job!!! Dr Kunhardt really listened to me and my concerns and was the most thorough of any gynecologist that I've been to.
Author:
Dr. Kunhardt is an awesome Doctor. At first I (and my wife) wanted a female OB. Just because I wasnt sure I was comfortable with another guy knowing my wife so closely. But Dr. Kunhardt not only immediately alleviated those concerns but made me realize that I couldnt have picked a better person for the job. He is charismatic, funny, experienced and very informative and professional. We both have no doubt who we want to deliver all our future babie. Thanks Doc, You Rock!
Author:
Dr.Kunhardt is awesome. He always has answers for me when i have questions. Very professional but also very kind and listen. I would recommend him to my family and friends.
Author:
He is the best. Very caring and always takes the time to listen to your concerns. I've never doubted any decision he's made in regards to my needs.
Author:
Beware of this gynecologist. Do not see him. Find another doctor--any other doctor. You'll be glad you did, trust me. If giving zero stars was an option , I would have chosen it.
Thank you for your candor and feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with the care you recently received at our office. Top-quality patient care is of the up-most importance to us, and we want learn more to make sure this doesn't happen again. Please contact our Patient Experience hotline at (805) 931-2668, and a Patient Advocate will follow up with you within 24 hours to learn more about your experience.
Author:
Doctor Kunhardt listen to my questions, concerns and wishes. He suggested different options with cons and pros. After surgery he was available for questions and concerns. His office was able to get me in right away when I needed to see him after surgery. I will continue to see him for my OBYN needs.
Author:
Friendly Staff, explains things in terms that are easy to understand and is very kind and gentle.
Author:
Dr. Kunhardt was extremely knowledgeable and I could tell he wanted me to understand what my options were. He was happy to answer question and was patient in explaining the medical terminology. I liked the fact that he seemed to be having fun and had a sense of humor.