Dr. George Kalousek, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Male • Age 69

Dr. Kalousek

George E Kalousek, MD

8120 Sheridan Blvd Ste 211A Arvada, CO 80003

Dr. George Kalousek, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Arvada, CO and has been practicing for 45 years. He graduated from University Of Colorado At Denver in 1975 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

• Low wait times Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Dr. Kalousek accepts

Dr. Kalousek accepts the following insurance:

Whole Health Colorado Front Range
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Kalousek's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kalousek performs this procedure more than 3% of his peers

Dr. Kalousek's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Dr. Kalousek's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kalousek

2.0

Dr. Kalousek?
Dr. Kalousek's Performance
What People Say About Dr. George Kalousek, MD
He seems to dislike the types of people who he is supposed to be helping—those in distress. Very dismissive and unavailable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
Dr. Kalousek was able to see me as a new patient within a week of calling him. He sounded sincere and eager to help on the phone. After reading the reviews, I was very nervous about my appointment, so I didn’t get my hopes up. Well, the appointment couldn’t have gone better! He was very thorough and caring, also had a few jokes!! I also needed help with FMLA paperwork and he was very eager to help with that, however, we needed to schedule another appointment because we ran out of time. He char
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
Only accepts cash or checks which is extremely inconvenient as most of us use debit/credit cards in this day and age. Also, he makes it extremely difficult to get Rx refills even for non controlled, established meds. Also, ignores Pharmacy calls and will argue that he didn't receive a request though the pharmacy even called his office in my presence.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
Very little regard for patient privacy, satisfaction, or the contract he has with your insurance company. Admittedly discards rx refill requests sent from my insurance’s mail order pharmacy so that I am always scrambling to get a refill in time before I run out. Demands cash/check payment at time of service for amount in excess of what my insurance says I owe after processing the claim, but there’s no way to get that overpayment back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
George likes to hold basic (non-narcotic) prescriptions hostage unless you go in to his office for 15 minutes so he can charge insurance $300. Does not follow up, accepts cash or check only....Prescription was prescribed from a prior doctor that he took over. A bit unethical perhaps is my opinion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
Went to have him manage meds required in order for me to sleep. On my 2nd visit, he wrote a 30 day script but wanted to see me in a couple of months. When I requested a refill, Walgreens made 4 attempts to obtain auth for refill. I then left a VM and over a 10 day span, NO RESPONSE. Previous to that he wrote a script dated a week after I ran out ~ when he called to change the date, he called me the day after ~ knowing I could not sleep without it. I explicitly asked for same-day notification
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
Dr. Kalousek is one of the best psychiatrists that I have ever had, and as a 30 year old, I have had many in my lifetime. He is very intelligent and surprises me about how up to date and knowledgeable he is on drug interactions, biochemical processes, and treatment options. He is more conservative about medication changes, which is a great thing when it comes to psych meds. Too many psychiatrists make too many med changes at once or too quickly. He has helped me get my meds in balance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
2 of my children had been in Dr K's care for 18+ months. Low degree of confidence in his treatment. Each child has different issues & in both cases - ineffective or harmful. He repeatedly re-prescribed a medication that had caused my child to become suicidal; early in treatment he advised that passing school was an indication of effective treatment yet my child was not passing which I conveyed monthly yet no changes were made; weening from meds he advised way too short period. Low compassion
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
Dr. Kalousek helped me greatly with my dysthymia. Although he is a psychiatrist and can prescribe medication, he also does counseling. He increased my medication to a dose that actually worked and I thought his counseling skills were quite good. He is the best psychiatrist/psychologist I know of and it was always easy to get in to see him. I saw him for a year or two before I retired and since I've been retired I have been under less stress so I haven't needed to see him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
Dr. Kalousek is an experienced psychiatrist with strong customer service skills. When our adolescent son was in crisis and needed to initiated care, he was the only psychiatrist in our network (United) that could see us within two weeks (rather than months). He coordinated care well with our son's prior hospital providers, has good rapport with our son, and continues to provide quality psychiatric service.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kalousek?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry