Dr. George Kalousek, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 70

Dr. Kalousek

George E Kalousek, MD

8120 Sheridan Blvd Ste 211a Arvada, CO 80003

Dr. George Kalousek, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Arvada, CO and has over 46 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Colorado At Denver medical school in 1975. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kalousek to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Kalousek's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Major Depressive Disorder
  • Phobia
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Dr. Kalousek accepts

Dr. Kalousek accepts the following insurance:

Whole Health Colorado Front Range

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kalousek

2.1

Dr. Kalousek?
  • Wait times (17)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (8)
  • Explained conditions well (8)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (19)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (19)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (18)
Rude, dismissive, zero empathy, does not listen, interrupts and money hungry. For the sake of your mental wellbeing, do not go to him.
Save yourself – Mar 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
I've had nothing but good experiences with Dr. Kalousek. I found him to be very thorough on our first meeting, he asked me a lot of questions, and I was finally able to get a real diagnosis that actually made sense based on what I was feeling. He was able to get me to a stable place with my meds, and I felt very comfortable with him from the outset. He's also really funny.
Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
Constantly forgot what meds I was on. Made huge assumptions about what I was feeling or experiencing without us having any real conversation or discovery time. Multiple times I was told that i was experiencing certain feelings that I truly never was feeling or experiencing, and then medications were prescribed based on these assumptions. He expects very concise and specific answers without any room for real discussion or discovery and becomes very frustrated if you can't just give simple "yes or no" answers to very complicated questions. Sessions were always very hurried and only lasted 35-40 minutes. As someone working on their mental health, it doesn't help to have a mental health professional that scolds you or shames you for your feelings or how you're processing them. I was really hoping to get some professional help here and did not.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Patient – Feb 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
He seems to dislike the types of people who he is supposed to be helping—those in distress. Very dismissive and unavailable.
Nov 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
Dr. Kalousek was able to see me as a new patient within a week of calling him. He sounded sincere and eager to help on the phone. After reading the reviews, I was very nervous about my appointment, so I didn’t get my hopes up. Well, the appointment couldn’t have gone better! He was very thorough and caring, also had a few jokes!! I also needed help with FMLA paperwork and he was very eager to help with that, however, we needed to schedule another appointment because we ran out of time. He char
Oct 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
Only accepts cash or checks which is extremely inconvenient as most of us use debit/credit cards in this day and age. Also, he makes it extremely difficult to get Rx refills even for non controlled, established meds. Also, ignores Pharmacy calls and will argue that he didn't receive a request though the pharmacy even called his office in my presence.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Golden – May 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
Very little regard for patient privacy, satisfaction, or the contract he has with your insurance company. Admittedly discards rx refill requests sent from my insurance’s mail order pharmacy so that I am always scrambling to get a refill in time before I run out. Demands cash/check payment at time of service for amount in excess of what my insurance says I owe after processing the claim, but there’s no way to get that overpayment back.
Feb 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
George likes to hold basic (non-narcotic) prescriptions hostage unless you go in to his office for 15 minutes so he can charge insurance $300. Does not follow up, accepts cash or check only....Prescription was prescribed from a prior doctor that he took over. A bit unethical perhaps is my opinion.
Feb 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
Went to have him manage meds required in order for me to sleep. On my 2nd visit, he wrote a 30 day script but wanted to see me in a couple of months. When I requested a refill, Walgreens made 4 attempts to obtain auth for refill. I then left a VM and over a 10 day span, NO RESPONSE. Previous to that he wrote a script dated a week after I ran out ~ when he called to change the date, he called me the day after ~ knowing I could not sleep without it. I explicitly asked for same-day notification
Arvada, CO – Aug 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
Dr. Kalousek is one of the best psychiatrists that I have ever had, and as a 30 year old, I have had many in my lifetime. He is very intelligent and surprises me about how up to date and knowledgeable he is on drug interactions, biochemical processes, and treatment options. He is more conservative about medication changes, which is a great thing when it comes to psych meds. Too many psychiatrists make too many med changes at once or too quickly. He has helped me get my meds in balance.
Shyla in Littleton, CO – Jun 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
2 of my children had been in Dr K's care for 18+ months. Low degree of confidence in his treatment. Each child has different issues & in both cases - ineffective or harmful. He repeatedly re-prescribed a medication that had caused my child to become suicidal; early in treatment he advised that passing school was an indication of effective treatment yet my child was not passing which I conveyed monthly yet no changes were made; weening from meds he advised way too short period. Low compassion
Broomfield, CO – Apr 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
Dr. Kalousek helped me greatly with my dysthymia. Although he is a psychiatrist and can prescribe medication, he also does counseling. He increased my medication to a dose that actually worked and I thought his counseling skills were quite good. He is the best psychiatrist/psychologist I know of and it was always easy to get in to see him. I saw him for a year or two before I retired and since I've been retired I have been under less stress so I haven't needed to see him.
Golden, CO – Feb 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
Dr. Kalousek is an experienced psychiatrist with strong customer service skills. When our adolescent son was in crisis and needed to initiated care, he was the only psychiatrist in our network (United) that could see us within two weeks (rather than months). He coordinated care well with our son's prior hospital providers, has good rapport with our son, and continues to provide quality psychiatric service.
Golden – Nov 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
I went to him for my medications that needed for my PTSD. I have a talk therapist already. He saw me every month for a new prescription and we paid $20 for him to give me about 15 minutes but charged me for 1 hour. He then fired me from his care because I called him and told him I could not get to my appointment due to my husband not able to take me and I do not drive as I have seizures and nobody else could take me. Great way to help someone with fear of being rejection.no star would be it
Wendy Gooch in Aurora, CO – Mar 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
What a nightmare! He has seen my children and multiple times he would confuse their names and or medication, didn't review their med charts while seeing them, and would ask ME what doses and med they were on. His priorities and patient care are nil, and trying to contact him for an important matter, he has poor patient bedside manners and a very long time to rspnd. In addition has made multiple errors on prescriptions, causing multiple issues and delays in medications. Very disappointing.
goelsewhere in Denver, co – Dec 31, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Kalousek, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kalousek?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry