Child & Adolescent Psychiatry  |
Dr. George Kalousek, MD
Dr. George Kalousek, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry doctor who practices in Arvada, CO. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 42 years.

8120 Sheridan Blvd Ste 211A

Arvada, CO 80003

Learn about Dr. Kalousek

Dr. Kalousek's Experience

Dr. Kalousek's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Addiction Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry and Psychiatry

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

• Addiction Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Forensic Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University Of Colorado At Denver
    Medical School | Graduated 1975

Dr. Kalousek has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kalousek does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kalousek and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kalousek's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kalousek to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Kalousek's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Arvada, CO |
Went to have him manage meds required in order for me to sleep. On my 2nd visit, he wrote a 30 day script but wanted to see me in a couple of months. When I requested a refill, Walgreens made 4 attempts to obtain auth for refill. I then left a VM and over a 10 day span, NO RESPONSE. Previous to that he wrote a script dated a week after I ran out ~ when he called to change the date, he called me the day after ~ knowing I could not sleep without it. I explicitly asked for same-day notification
in Littleton, CO |
Dr. Kalousek is one of the best psychiatrists that I have ever had, and as a 30 year old, I have had many in my lifetime. He is very intelligent and surprises me about how up to date and knowledgeable he is on drug interactions, biochemical processes, and treatment options. He is more conservative about medication changes, which is a great thing when it comes to psych meds. Too many psychiatrists make too many med changes at once or too quickly. He has helped me get my meds in balance.
Broomfield, CO |
2 of my children had been in Dr K's care for 18+ months. Low degree of confidence in his treatment. Each child has different issues & in both cases - ineffective or harmful. He repeatedly re-prescribed a medication that had caused my child to become suicidal; early in treatment he advised that passing school was an indication of effective treatment yet my child was not passing which I conveyed monthly yet no changes were made; weening from meds he advised way too short period. Low compassion
Golden, CO |
Dr. Kalousek helped me greatly with my dysthymia. Although he is a psychiatrist and can prescribe medication, he also does counseling. He increased my medication to a dose that actually worked and I thought his counseling skills were quite good. He is the best psychiatrist/psychologist I know of and it was always easy to get in to see him. I saw him for a year or two before I retired and since I've been retired I have been under less stress so I haven't needed to see him.
Golden |
Dr. Kalousek is an experienced psychiatrist with strong customer service skills. When our adolescent son was in crisis and needed to initiated care, he was the only psychiatrist in our network (United) that could see us within two weeks (rather than months). He coordinated care well with our son's prior hospital providers, has good rapport with our son, and continues to provide quality psychiatric service.
in Aurora, CO |
I went to him for my medications that needed for my PTSD. I have a talk therapist already. He saw me every month for a new prescription and we paid $20 for him to give me about 15 minutes but charged me for 1 hour. He then fired me from his care because I called him and told him I could not get to my appointment due to my husband not able to take me and I do not drive as I have seizures and nobody else could take me. Great way to help someone with fear of being rejection.no star would be it
in Denver, co |
What a nightmare! He has seen my children and multiple times he would confuse their names and or medication, didn't review their med charts while seeing them, and would ask ME what doses and med they were on. His priorities and patient care are nil, and trying to contact him for an important matter, he has poor patient bedside manners and a very long time to rspnd. In addition has made multiple errors on prescriptions, causing multiple issues and delays in medications. Very disappointing.
Have you seen Dr. George Kalousek, MD?
Are you Dr. Kalousek?