Dr. George Holmes, MD

Dr. George Holmes, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. George Holmes, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Westchester, IL. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Holmes is affiliated with Rush University Medical Center.

2450 Wolf Rd Ste F

Westchester, IL 60154

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Holmes

See how frequently Dr. Holmes performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Disorders
Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)

Dr. Holmes's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Holmes I know that medicine is stressful for patients. So I think one of the goals for my staff is to put patients at ease so they can then process the information that we're trying to impart to them. Most patients come with either two problems: one pain and the other dysfunction. They can't walk. They can't do the activities they want to do. So the primary goal is to reduce their pain and increase their function. And so we have a dialogue to find the best way that we can integrate that approach to their lifestyle. So for one patient it may be a new pair of shoes. For another patient it may be a surgical intervention. And it may not be the same for each patient. So we like to go over what the appropriate treatment options are and try to fit that to each individual patient.

• General Surgery

• Foot Sprain
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hammer Toe
  • Heel Spur
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Yale University
  • Massachusetts General Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Boston Children's Hospital Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Merritt Hospital (Affiliated U.C.S.F.)
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Holmes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Holmes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Holmes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

View Video

Dr. Holmes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Holmes to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Holmes' Performance
in Bloomington, IL |
Dr Holms is an excellent foot doctor. He has the experience and knowledge far superior than most in his field. We appreciated he took time to answer questions (I usually have a lot). His staff is professional, and really nice to deal with. Dr Holms has been on time for our appointments and sometimes early. I love that they text and email your next appointment to you. I would totally recommend him to others without hesitation. I will be going back someday to him for surgery on my other foot
in Niles, IL |
Dr Holmes was very relaxed, informative, and understanding. He did not rush the process nor did he dismiss any of my concerns. He didn't push for any extra services and you can tell he was genuinely focused on my concerns rather than trying to make some quick money. In all, Dr Holmes in my opinion is one of a kind; his knowledge and patience seem to strongly define him as a physician.
Hinsdale, IL |
Kind, compassionate, and extremely knowledgable. Has performed surgeries on three members of our family. I have recommended him to many satisfied friends.
in Chicago, IL |
My time with Dr. Holmes has been everything you'd want it to be. Moreover, the team of doctors he has assembled to help support him and his patients is top notch. They genuinely care about each patient, are willing to be completely honest with you, and simply love what they do. I feel very blessed to have Dr. Holmes, Dr. Clayton, and Dr. Byrnes overseeing my health/well being. Thank you for all you do.
in Glen Ellyn, IL |
My experience with Dr. Holmes was the best experience I have ever had with a doctor or surgeon. It was very apparent how much he genuinely cared about me. He explained everything so that I could understand it and took more time with me to ease any worries than I have ever had with a doctor. He called the night before surgery and the day after surgery just to say hi and see how I was doing and if I had any questions. Don't hesitate--see Dr. Holmes. He is the best out there!
in River Forest, IL |
Very knowledgable & caring.
Des Plaines, IL |
I was hesitant to attend my appointment after reading reviews on Dr. Holmes, but he was very kind, honest, apologetic about the wait time, and explained my condition very well so I could understand. He also made me feel very comfortable and more relaxed about my condition, and even offered to take pictures of my xray's on the computer so I can compare them in a year or so. I highly recommend him!
Have you seen Dr. George Holmes, MD?
Are you Dr. Holmes?