Dr. George Guild III, MD

Dr. George Guild III, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. George Guild III, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Atlanta, GA. He has been practicing for 10 years.

59 Executive Park NE # 2000

Atlanta, GA 30329

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • HealthFirst
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Guild III

See how frequently Dr. Guild III performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Joint Pain
Knee Disorders
Osteoarthritis

Dr. Guild III's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Guild III does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankle Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Meniscus Tear
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Tulane University of Louisiana
  • Insall Scott Kelly Inst
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Lenox Hill Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Guild III has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Guild III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Guild III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Guild III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Guild III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guild III to family and friends
Dr. Guild III's Performance
in Atlanta, GA |
Needed TKR or PKR. Dr. Guild determined I was a good candidate for the latter. He answered all questions, took time to make sure my questions were answered to my satisfaction. The operation was skillfully done and recovery right on schedule. I understood absolute necessity of fully complying with all prescribed physical therapy, and had a post 3-month follow up today for which I was pleased to report complete satisfaction with outcome. Sorry to have put it off for a year. Feel great,
in Villa Rica, GA |
I recently had a rt knee replacement. Dr Guild was the best. He is very patient and caring. He is excellent in his field. What I will always remember is the night before surgery he personally made a call to me to see if I had any questions and how I was doing. I highly recommend him
in Atlanta |
I would highly recommend Dr. Guild for hip, and I'm sure other orthopedic work. The experience was much better than I could have ever expected. He said he would only accept a perfect hip replacement. He came in during recovery and said it was perfect. And now after just a few days I don't feel like I had surgery at all. Walking without any assistance in 4 days. Thanks Dr. Guild and Emory!
Atlanta Ga |
Dr. Guild did a partial knee surgery on my left knee two years and after multiple times returning and getting shots and therapy my knee knee still is in constant pain sometimes extreme. My pain management Doctor's opinion was that the implant was too long on the inside of the knee. Suing is not likely to do me any good so I'll probably just find another Doctor and do a total knee replacement, I bear no ill will. But he has caused me so much pain I felt I should leave my opinion.
in Hiawassee, Georgia |
I am impressed with the extreme care, skills and compassion of Dr. Guild. I recently had a right hip replacement at Emory University. He had clear instructions for the nurses and therapists. Right now I am undergoing a process of physical therapy that isn't easy. But I know in the long run it will rebuild my body and mobility. Dr. Guild has given me the foundation to transform my life as I regain my ability to walk. He is very open and inviting with patient questions as well.
in Snellville |
Dr. Guild performed a total knee replacement of my right knee in 2016 while he was with a different practice. I have followed him to Emory and plan to have him do the same for my left knee in January 2018. I highly recommend him as a knowledgeable physician in the area of knee and hip replacements. He is patient, approachable, thorough in his explanations and really listens to his patients. I am fully recovered from my knee surgery and have the utmost confidence in him and his staff.
in Macon, GA |
Dr. Guild replaced my right hip, but first had to remove a rod in my right leg and an extension in my hip. I had broken my leg 5 years before. I could not have chosen a better doctor, hospital or staff. He explained patiently what had to be done, and the day of the surgery, it took him longer than he had planned to get the rod out. Other than that, the surgery went well. This was done six months ago, and I am doing great. Thank you again Dr. Guild. I highly recommend him.
in Georgia |
Dr. Guild did both my knee replacements. He was very upfront about what it would be like and was very helpful in making an educated decision. He was very compassionate in answering all my questions. I felt he always had my best interest at heart and wanted to make the right decision for me. I could not be more pleased that I had them both done over the last two years. I didn't realize how much pain I was in and how limited my life was. I would recommend Dr. Guild to family, and friends.
in Conyers, GA |
Dr. Guild III met with me the morning of my knee replacement surgery and detailed the the process of the procedure and what to expect after. The following morning Dr. Guild III came to my room and explained how the surgery went, when I should remove the dressing, what to do if dressing came off, etc. He was very thorough, excellent bedside manner.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
I truly felt Dr Guild had my best interest from day 1. He was very up front with me on what the worse outcome could be after looking at my xray. I came prepared with all material from my 1st hip replacement that I had done by another Dr and I never got better. It seemed no one wanted to help me, after 7 weeks looking for a Dr. I walked into his office, he was ready to put me in hospital and do surgery 2 days later. I'd highly recommend Dr Guild and emory hospital to my family and friends
Stone Mountain, GA |
I would recommend Dr. Guild to family and friends. He has the knowledge and professionalism that I look for in a surgeon.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Guild was helpful, open, and direct when describing treatment and answering questions. My surgery was a complete success. I have every confidence in his professional abilities and skills.
atlanta, ga |
Dr. Guild is outstanding in many ways. He is knowledgeable in his field. He is compassionate. He is patient with questions. He is warm, friendly and has a sense of humor. One of the best doctors I've ever been treated by.
in Atlanta, GA |
I'm 75.Two knee replacements with Dr. Guild, 6 months apart. I give him the highest of recommendations! I am so fortunate to have found Dr. Guild. From our first appointment,I felt comfortable putting my trust in his capable hands.I had positive feedback from nurses,staff,PT that he is precise, with good outcomes. My case was not easy. I now have straight legs, and feet touch for 1st time and that is huge! Hips and body are even . Kudos to Melissa. Exercise before/after, have a lot of patience.
in Snellville, GA |
He performed a miracle on Marc's hip last summer 2015! From not being able to walk to running, going up and down the stair case and without any pain one year later!! He is a miracle worker! He walked a mile yesterday for the first time in his life?????????? Dr. Guild, In addition to the Marc 's hips he allow his mom to have peach of mind now her son is no longer in pain , Marc has Down syndrome and is 26 years old.
in Alpharetta |
Willing to take time with the patient to explain all details,
Have you seen Dr. George Guild III, MD?
Are you Dr. Guild III?