Dr. George Golightly, MD

Dr. George Golightly, MD

General Surgery  ·

Dr. George Golightly, MD is a general surgery specialist in Baton Rouge, LA and has been practicing for 23 years. He specializes in general surgery.Read his story

Ochsner Health Center - O'Neal

16777 Medical Center Dr

Baton Rouge, LA 70816

• American Lifecare
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • CHAMPVA
  • Community Health Choice
  • Coventry Health Care of Louisiana
  • Employers Health Network

Learn about Dr. Golightly

See how frequently Dr. Golightly performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
Abscess or Fluid Incision and Drainage
Abscess

Dr. Golightly's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Golightly's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Golightly "Dr. Golightly earned his medical degree from LSU and completed his internship and residency at State University of New York in Buffalo. Dr. Golightly is board certified in surgery and has been on staff at Ochsner since 2000."

This content was provided by Dr. Golightly "Dr. George Golightly has been on staff at Ochsner since 2000. He earned his medical degree from LSU and completed his internship and residency at State University of New York in Buffalo. Dr. Golightly is board certified in surgery. "

• General Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Louisiana State Univ School Of Medicine In New Orleans
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • State University of New York At Buffalo
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • State University of New York At Buffalo

Dr. Golightly has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Golightly does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Golightly and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Golightly's Reviews

2.7
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Golightly to family and friends

Ochsner Health System

also has reviews with comments for this provider:

logo for Ochsner Health System
SEE THESE REVIEWS AND COMMENTS

Dr. Golightly's Performance

FAIR

GOOD

Dr. Go lightly called me at home and told me I had breast cancer. He never asked if I was alone, which I was at the time. When my husband came home about 45 minutes later I was a complete ""basket case." I guess to doctors who deal with this on a daily basis feel it's no big deal. Please show more...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for this review. We're very sorry about your experience, and we'd like to have someone reach out to you personally. Please email us at connect@ochsner.org with your contact information so we can pass it along.

Honestly, stay far, far away from him. Choose someone else. I've had some simple health issues since I was about 17 that caused me to have 2 surgeries by the age 19. I was young, but very familiar with the whole consultation then surgery process (as I had done it twice before, with another...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Golightly at Ochsner Health Center - O'Neal

Vascular Surgery Specialist