Dr. George Frey, MD

Dr. George Frey, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. George Frey, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Englewood, CO. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Frey is affiliated with Swedish Medical Center.

Colorado Comprehensive Spine Institute

3277 S Lincoln St

Englewood, CO 80113

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama

Learn about Dr. Frey

Dr. Frey and his entire staff, at CCSI is committed to treating each patient in a respectable, considerate, and dignified way. Throughout consultation, examination, case discussion, and treatment - all matters are handled in a confidential and discreet manner. Spinal problems are among medicine's most complex treatment challenges. CCSI's integrated team approach works together with each patient to provide exceptional patient-centered medical care. Our team includes a broad range of specialties including nonsurgical and surgical experts in orthopaedic spine surgery, neurosurgery, neurology, physiatry, pain medicine and pharmacology, physical therapy and rehabilitation, massage therapy, chiropractic, and acupuncture.

Dr. Frey's Experience

Dr. Frey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Orthoptics

Dr. Frey does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Georgetown University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Rush Presby St Lukes
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Rush University Medical Center
  • Rush-Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Frey has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Frey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Frey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Frey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Frey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Frey to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Frey's Performance
in Littleton, CO |
Dr. Frey performed a lumbar fusion on my back in June, 2017. My pain, which was constant prior to surgery, is almost non-existent at 3 months post surgery. I procrastinated for a long time before seeking medical help. I wish I would have done so a lot sooner. I feel better than I have in at least 2 years. I truly appreciate what Dr. Frey has done for me.
in Monument, CO |
Dr. George Frey, MD, handles delicate spine patient issues in an easy-going and matter of fact manner. He operated on my painful L4, L5, S1 stenosis and eliminated all pain with a single operation. I give Dr. Frey the highest grades for keeping my family informed of the surgical processes and the expectations during recovery from surgery.
Denver, CO |
Received very excellent care. Would highly recommend Dr. Frey and his professional staff to anyone who is considering a back surgery or dealing with complicated back problems. He is knowlegable, confident and knows his "stuff". Thank you - no more pain!!
in Evergreen Co. |
I have been seeing Dr. Frey and Tom Sanders for years. They have really helped me. I would not go any where else.
in Colorado Springs CO |
Bottom line, I was in a lot of pain and couldn't walk after 15 minutes of walking but after surgery I am now pain free and walking. Dr. Frey, PA Pierce and Staff took the time to listen, reviewed my images, read medical records, explained the problems and recommended a solution. They answered all my questions and worked with a sense of urgency to get me into surgery.
in Monument,CO |
Dr Frey is incredibly professional in all aspects of his care. He made sure that I thoroughly understood what was required during the surgery, what to expect after the surgery and the recovery details, including time and physical recovery. He has developed a procedure that is meticulously well-thought out, with the intent of insuring a total and complete solution to the medical issue. I am totally satisfied with Dr Frey's care. I cannot believe that there is anyone who is better qualified.
in Littleton, CO |
How does one measure a successful surgery? Mainly good results! Dr. Frey & his surgical team are the best of the best. When some other docs would not even take my case, Dr. Frey assured me that he could greatly improve my health with spinal surgery. One year later, I am free of pain & I am walking with confidence again. He is the best! I am grateful beyond words for his care, great skill and good judgment throughout my yearlong treatment. He made a life-changing difference in my life.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Frey and the staff at CCSI are terrific. I have been a patient of Dr. Frey's for the past 20 years and can't say enough about the wonderful, compassionate care that I have received. Were it not for the care I have received, both non-surgical and surgical I am not sure how well I would be able to function on a daily basis. At the moment I am currently fused from T2 through S1 and am able to garden, quilt, sew, teach sewing and quilting and travel. I am not inhibited in any way. Thank You!!!!
in littleton, co |
Everyone in the office is professional and courteous. Both Dr. Frey and Tom, PA, were extremely helpful in explaining everything about what the problems were and what would have to be accomplished to correct the issues. I cannot express my gratitude strongly enough for what Dr. Frey and Tom have done to correct major issues with my neck and back.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I would 100% recommend Dr. Frey to anyone considering spinal surgery. Dr. Frey straightened my spine from S1 to T10 & titanium fused it ( I had Adult Onset Idiopathic Radical Lumbar DextroScoliosis ), a complex procedure which the ortho / spinal doctors I consulted with here in Colorado Springs said was impossible to do, and that I may end up eventually paralyzed from the waist down. Dr. Frey accomplished the "impossible" for me & I will be eternally grateful to him.
in FORT cOLLINS, co |
Dr. George Frey was the only doctor who agreed to do surgery on my back. Because I am 74 years old and have been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, two other doctors refused to do my back surgery. My very successful back fusion operation lasted seven and a half hours. I had no pain after I was released from the rehab. hospital. Dr. Frey is wonderful, caring and compantionate. I will recommend him to anyone looking for a competent neurosurgeon.
in Canon City, CO |
I had 3 unsuccessful spinal surgeries and was in constant pain. After Dr Frey's surgery I'm free of pain. He also fixed the scoliosis . Thank you Dr Frye. Thank you also Tom Sanders
in Colorado Springs, CO |
A brilliant physician and a compassionate man - a rare combination.. He thoroughly explained the available options for my cervical and thoracic spine issues as well as defining the most conservative measures and their probable outcomes. He recognizes the complexity and overlapping symptoms of spinal injuries incurred during the same accident as a Moderately Severe Traumatic Brain Injury. I would recommend him without hesitation.
in Denver, CO |
Did 2 major surgeries on me,laminectomy and spinal fusion. Did a good job,staff was excellent in treating me and sending in proper documents to my company and insurance companies.
Aurora, CO |
I would highly recommend Dr. Frey to anyone considering back surgery. He took time to answer all my questions in a warm and attentive manner. I had complete trust in his skills and after one year I have had no pain. Although he runs late with appointments when he does meet with you, you have his complete attention and he gives you the time you need.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
After consulting with several spine surgeons, we were absolutely convinced that Dr. Frey was THE person to correct my wife's severe degenerated scoliosis. The surgery went as planned and Dr. Frey and his team did a great job with in-hospital follow up and pain management. In all instances, his communication was superb--thorough, understandable, and not the least bit condescending. You MUST see him--especially if you have a complicated case.
in Pueblo, CO |
Dr. Frey surgically repaired my spine after a Spondylolisthesis diagnosis. The surgery and recovery went smoothly and the outcome is very positive. I have been able to resume walking not only with the return of leg strength but also without pain. Dr. Frey and his PA (Tom) are very professional and caring. I could not have been in better hands! He is an excellent surgeon and I highly recommend him.
in Centennial, CO |
Dr. George Frey must be there best doc anywhere; the major operation on my spine six months ago, has resulted in regaining all of my feeling in legs, totally mobile again, no pain from right after surgery forward and walking a couple of miles daily now. Very happy!
in Denver, CO |
Great guy; wonderful Surgeon. Absolutely the best ! Changed my life dramatically. I never knew how my bad back was ruining my life. Not any more. I can do things with ease I either could not do before or would pay the price for after. Better than I was 30 years ago as far as my back is concerned. That is not an overstatement ! His Staff is awesome as well. I felt like they all really cared about me throughout the entire process. Never met a group as wonderful as the folks @ CCSI.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Back issues and especially entertaining back surgery is serious business. Nothing to take lightly or rush into. You want to be informed, involved, secure in your decision and most importantly confident with your surgeon. Dr. Frey is the pinnacle of what we patients search so hard to find. The only criticism about Dr Frey is once you see him there is no reason for a 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinion. His knowledge and professionalism are unsurpassed. Look no further because he is the best, hand's down!
in Highlands Ranch, CO |
I have had several contacts with Dr George Frey, and every one has been overwhelmingly positive. Each situation involved complex injuries or unclear diagnosis, and Dr Frey was able to identify, treat and resolve the problem. His level of care, his calm and reasonable manner and his willingness to explain the problem until all parties fully understand the issues is exemplary - I highly endorse Dr Frey for any complex spine case. You will find none better in the nation. Simply outstanding!
Have you seen Dr. George Frey, MD?
Are you Dr. Frey?