Dr. George Frey, MD

Dr. George Frey, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·

Dr. George Frey, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Englewood, CO and has been practicing for 32 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery, orthopedic spine surgery, and more.

Colorado Comprehensive Spine Institute

3277 S Lincoln St

Englewood, CO 80113

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Frey's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Lumbar Microdiscectomy
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Percutaneous Discectomy
  • Spinal Discectomy
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Frey treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 91% of his peers

Dr. Frey treats this condition more than 91% of his peers

• Hip Fracture
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hip Sprain
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Torticollis

Dr. Frey and his entire staff, at CCSI is committed to treating each patient in a respectable, considerate, and dignified way. Throughout consultation, examination, case discussion, and treatment - all matters are handled in a confidential and discre...

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

4.3

Dr. Frey?
Dr. Frey's Performance
What People Say About Dr. George Frey, MD
Outstanding expertise,good communications, excellent use of competent, experienced, and caring Physician's Assistants to complement surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
Exceptional surgeon. Compassionate, really listened to me and my back problems. Explained in detail what was needed to help me live a better life. As a retiree my remaining time I wanted to be pain free (or as close as I can get) so I can do the activities I want. Yes there is pain and discomfort associated with a surgery but getting better each day. Well worth it all. Great doctor, very skilled, very knowledgeable. His PA's are excellent also. Thanks Tom and Stephanie for everything.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Frey and his staff. I had a three-level neck fusion surgery a little over a year ago and I am so blessed to have had the best surgeon available! My relief was immediate and my recovery went smoothly. My physical therapist was amazed at how well I moved through the rehab process and stated that I obviously had a great doctor (I agree!). Dr. Frey is easy to talk to and ensures all your questions are answered. I am pain-free and have no limitations. Life is good again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
Not only has he incredibly improved my father's quality of life with his very complex back injuries, but he also has operated on me and helped with my degenerating disk disease and chronic pain. His whole staff is incredible and George is possibly the best back doc around.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
I have a complicated spine including a rare disease history. I was recommended to Dr. Frey after having had four spinal fusion surgeries by another doctor. That was nearly 17 years ago. He has performed surgeries for me that have allowed me continue to walk and live my life. I am forever grateful for all he has done to help me maintain my lifestyle. He is personable and kind, taking all the time needed for his patients. I highly recommend him and will continue to see him for all my needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
Saved my life. Micro discectomy. Im six years out and loving life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
I was looking for the best orthopedic surgeon in Colorado and I was referred to Dr. Frey by a well known orthopedic surgeon from Chicago. He told me that Dr. Frey is extremely skilled and that he is both highly intelligent and conservative in approach. I went to Dr. Frey with fairly serious neck and back issues and it became evident after some time that surgery was the path for me. He operated on my neck and back with a successful outcome. I would confidently highly recommend Dr. Frey.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
Dr. Frey and his staff are very caring and professional. Their explanations of my plan for surgery were very clear and reasons the surgery was needed were very adequate. During my hospital stay either Dr. Frey or one of his P.A.'s were there personally to check on my progress every day a nd follow up with any concerns. If not for their smiling and caring attendance this experience would have been very difficult. I am very satisfied with my results and would readily recommend their service
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
Dr. Frey is the best orthopedic surgeon that I have ever had. I would recommend him for anyone with scoliosis, I no longer need a walker since surgery, He is awesome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
Incredible care from start to continued rehabilitation. My good friend's wife is suffering similar conditions I had, and she's trying to arrange insurance for herself. I highly recommended Dr. Frey because I'm certain he can help her. My pain and discomfort are nearly gone and I'm almost finished with physical therapy. I'm 49 yrs old and have suffered for the past 4 years until now. I'm looking forward to getting back to a more normal lifestyle soon. Thank you Dr. Frey and staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
Dr. Frey performed a lumbar fusion on my back in June, 2017. My pain, which was constant prior to surgery, is almost non-existent at 3 months post surgery. I procrastinated for a long time before seeking medical help. I wish I would have done so a lot sooner. I feel better than I have in at least 2 years. I truly appreciate what Dr. Frey has done for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
Dr. George Frey, MD, handles delicate spine patient issues in an easy-going and matter of fact manner. He operated on my painful L4, L5, S1 stenosis and eliminated all pain with a single operation. I give Dr. Frey the highest grades for keeping my family informed of the surgical processes and the expectations during recovery from surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
Received very excellent care. Would highly recommend Dr. Frey and his professional staff to anyone who is considering a back surgery or dealing with complicated back problems. He is knowlegable, confident and knows his "stuff". Thank you - no more pain!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Frey and Tom Sanders for years. They have really helped me. I would not go any where else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
Bottom line, I was in a lot of pain and couldn't walk after 15 minutes of walking but after surgery I am now pain free and walking. Dr. Frey, PA Pierce and Staff took the time to listen, reviewed my images, read medical records, explained the problems and recommended a solution. They answered all my questions and worked with a sense of urgency to get me into surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
Dr Frey is incredibly professional in all aspects of his care. He made sure that I thoroughly understood what was required during the surgery, what to expect after the surgery and the recovery details, including time and physical recovery. He has developed a procedure that is meticulously well-thought out, with the intent of insuring a total and complete solution to the medical issue. I am totally satisfied with Dr Frey's care. I cannot believe that there is anyone who is better qualified.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
How does one measure a successful surgery? Mainly good results! Dr. Frey & his surgical team are the best of the best. When some other docs would not even take my case, Dr. Frey assured me that he could greatly improve my health with spinal surgery. One year later, I am free of pain & I am walking with confidence again. He is the best! I am grateful beyond words for his care, great skill and good judgment throughout my yearlong treatment. He made a life-changing difference in my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
Dr. Frey and the staff at CCSI are terrific. I have been a patient of Dr. Frey's for the past 20 years and can't say enough about the wonderful, compassionate care that I have received. Were it not for the care I have received, both non-surgical and surgical I am not sure how well I would be able to function on a daily basis. At the moment I am currently fused from T2 through S1 and am able to garden, quilt, sew, teach sewing and quilting and travel. I am not inhibited in any way. Thank You!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
Everyone in the office is professional and courteous. Both Dr. Frey and Tom, PA, were extremely helpful in explaining everything about what the problems were and what would have to be accomplished to correct the issues. I cannot express my gratitude strongly enough for what Dr. Frey and Tom have done to correct major issues with my neck and back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Frey, MD?
I would 100% recommend Dr. Frey to anyone considering spinal surgery. Dr. Frey straightened my spine from S1 to T10 & titanium fused it ( I had Adult Onset Idiopathic Radical Lumbar DextroScoliosis ), a complex procedure which the ortho / spinal doctors I consulted with here in Colorado Springs said was impossible to do, and that I may end up eventually paralyzed from the waist down. Dr. Frey accomplished the "impossible" for me & I will be eternally grateful to him.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Frey?

Insurance accepted

Whole Health Colorado Front Range
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
Medicaid

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Frey treats patients.