Dr. George Ferzli, MD

Dr. George Ferzli, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. George Ferzli, MD is a general surgery specialist in Staten Island, NY and has been practicing for 35 years. He graduated from St. Joseph University School Of Medicine in 1979 and specializes in general surgery, critical care surgery, and more.

65 Cromwell Ave

• Appendectomy
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Appendicitis
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Biopsy of Breast
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Revision Gastric Restrictive Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Mastectomy
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rectovaginal Fistula

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ferzli

Dr. Ferzli?
Dr. Ferzli's Performance
What People Say About Dr. George Ferzli, MD
Dr. Ferzli is an excellent surgeon and a kind person. I had great results and a great recovery. His staff is also very helpful and friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
Compassionate, thorough, and kind. What a wonderful doctor and great staff as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
Dr. Ferzli was a pleasure to deal with. I had gallbladder surgery and I was no once uncomfortable with this professional. Surgery was quick and done cleanly. If you need this surgery please consider Dr Ferzli.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
I had gallbladder removal surgery not two weeks postpartum - needless to say I was an emotional wreck between my baby just coming out of the NICU and having to deal with this surgery looming over me. Dr. Ferzli and his team were amazing! Supportive, kind and understanding. The surgery took 36 mins and the recovery time was minimal- I was up and walking the next day! Thank you to this doctor who made this horrible process simple and easy. He gave me his personal cellphone- above and beyond!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
Had my gallbladder removed on August 10, 2018 by Dr. Ferzli. The procedure was quick and I was back home within 3 hours. Recovery went smoothly with no problems. Dr Ferzli is a great surgeon and he is very kind. I would highly recommend him for surgical procedures.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
Went to dr ferzli a little over 2 years ago with pain in my side.After a cat scan he said I had very small polyps in my gallbladder and it had to come out.After recovery I was bleeding out of 2 incisions and wound up in emergency room for 10 hours. 2 years later I still have the pain in my side.After multiple testing I found out my gallbladder should have never come out that I have IBS. So now I have pain and have a problem digesting food. Dr ferzli your lucky your out of malpractice guidelines
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
Highly recommend to ones, who wants to go through bariatric surgery. I had one on June 5, 2018. Excellent work, Doctor. Felling great, loosing weight. Very satisfied. Thank you, Doctor Ferzli.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
very rude and non-professional stuff at front desk. called 5.25.18 to make an appointment, after 15 min of listening music, girl picked up the phone and told me that they are closed till monday. after that she throw the phone and never pick it up again. if doctor's helpers are so nasty, imagine - how bad this doctor itself!?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
I can't say enough about Dr. Ferzli and his staff. He was referred by Dr Aboujaoude (another excellent dr.) for my gallbladder. The consult was great from his office staff, nurse and Dr. Ferzli himself. A week prior to my scheduled surgery I was admitted to the hospital for 3 days for a gallbladder attack. Dr. Ferzli was in constant contact with me. He visited me in the hospital and answered whenever I called him. It's been a week since my surgery and I couldn't feel better. TY Dr. Ferzli
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
Hello Just had my gallbladder removed on Aug,29,17 and i cannot stress how great surgeon he is! He is truly is blessed! Would recommend anytime! Giselle Serrano
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
Dr. Ferzli is wonderful to me. From the beginning, to now, eight weeks after surgery, I feel wonderful and have not felt this well in years. He repaired my hiatal hernia, which I did not realize was that big a deal until Dr. Ferzli took the time to explain it to me with charts. I was still scared, but followed Dr. Ferzli's advice, as he put my organs back where they belong and left my lungs free to do their job. I am not suffering with asthma and able to breathe. What a relief.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
Dr Ferzli was very caring friendly and professional throughout the whole process ! Highly recommend to all !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
Dr. Ferzli is by far the most skilled and knowledgeable surgeon I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I have had 2 procedures with him and both have been exceptional!! He is attentive and takes the time to answer all of your concerns with patience. His office staff is accommodating and always friendly. Surgery is never fun but when necessary it's reassuring to know your in competent hands!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
Dr. Ferzli is a man of few words, but his hands are pure gold. Is it possible to feel comfortable about the need for upcoming surgery ? Yes it is, if Dr. Ferzli is your surgeon. Carl R. Ognibene
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
Dr Ferzli has performed several surgeries on my husband and myself, over the last 20 years. We have the utmost confidence in his skills , knowledge and abilities as a surgeon. We have recommended him to friends and family , several times to wonderful results. I am a Registered Nurse, with almost 3 decades of experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
Such a nice, knowledgable doctor. So happy he is able to perform my surgery. The office staff is wonderful as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
Great surgeon. He's a pioneer in laparoscopic surgery. Every doctor I speak to says he's the best and he has the numbers to prove it. Performed my sleeve gasectomy and I'm down over 120 pounds in 2 months. He gives you his cell phone number on your first visit and he's adamant that you call him for ANYTHING
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
All I have to say is that Dr. ferzli is amazing and his team! He is a caring doctor with a heart of gold! Karen is amazing! And Andrea is an amazing nutritionist. They help and support you all the way! I went there for Bariatric surgery! One month ago I had procedure. It was quick and painless! I had gastric sleeve! Only one month out I feel amazing. Thank you all I would always recommend Dr.Ferzli! You are the sweetest doctor thank you for changing my life for the better!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
My sister-in-law referred me to Dr. Ferzli here on Staten Island so I made an appointment and saw him within a few days re an inguinal hernia . What immediately stood out about Dr, Ferzli was his warm character and keen interest In hearing what I had to say. He spent an inordinate amount of time with me and explained everything. It’s been nearly a month now since the surgery and I feel like a million bucks. If you’re looking for a skilled surgeon who will go the extra mile, look no further!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Ferzli, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Ferzli. He is very knowledgeable makes you feel comfortable and is compassionate. Other people have great things to say about him many people know of him he tells you like it is I totally trust him. The staff is very friendly and helpful too.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Ferzli?

Insurance accepted

Choice PPO
Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
EmblemHealth
GHI HMO
GHI PPO
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
Fidelis Care
HealthFirst
MagnaCare
Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP
Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan
Oxford Liberty

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Ferzli treats patients.