Dr. George Elkanich, MD

Dr. George Elkanich, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

As a graduate of Stanford University Hospital (Orthopaedic Residency) with more than 9 years of surgical experience in the Operating Room, you can be assured my clinical credentials are excellent. ** In addition, I've completed post-residency Fellowship program in Orthopaedic Spine Surgery, with Dr. Pasquale X. Montesano, to assure you the finest of care. ** I strongly believe continuing education is the key to providing excellent, ongoing patient care. As a result, I've recently completed rigorous skills training programs in Total Disk Replacement and Minimially Invasive Surgery to further enhance my surgical skills and clinical knowledge. ** I am also currently the principal investigator in the use of OP-1 (BMP) for posterolater fusion of revision lumbar spine surgery. ** I believe in meeting patients' individual needs through comprehensive evaluation and treatment designed to help them achieve an active, pain-free lifestyle. Many musculoskeletal conditions can be treated by non-surgical techniques--surgery is just one treatment option. I combine leading edge techniques with proven traditional methods to provide our patients with the best orthopaedic care possible. ** I work to develop a partnership with my patients. On my part, this begins with listening. And one of the most important things I need to know is how the physical problem affects this patient's life. We develop a dialogue, through which my patients understand the diagnostic process, their own unique problem, their treatment choices, and the recovery process. Patients help to guide and direct the diagnostic and treatment activities. ** I believe that knowledgeable patients make the best decisions about their own treatment. That's why I explain every step of the diagnostic process. Next, I want my patients to understand their condition: How it developed and how various treatment approaches can improve or repair the problem. When we consider treatment alternatives, I present a realistic outlook on the results we can achieve. I'll also be frank about any risks that might be involved. If a non-surgical option is available, I'll explain that avenue in depth.

Dr. George Elkanich, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Las Vegas, NV. He has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Elkanich is affiliated with Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center, Valley Hospital Medical Center, Summerlin Hospital Medical Center and University Medical Center of Southern Nevada.

Dr. Elkanich's Experience

See how Dr. Elkanich's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Elkanich

Dr. Elkanich accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Elkanich has admitting privileges.

Dr. Elkanich's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Elkanich to family and friends
    Dr. Elkanich's Performance
    I was refered by workers comp for a 3rd opinion. He is very through and was so impressed requesting him to be come my doctor now and hopefully will now get my surgery approved with him. I give him 5 stars
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    excellent Dr.
    Have you seen Dr. George Elkanich, MD?
    Are you Dr. Elkanich?

Dr. Elkanich's Care Philosophy

Dr. Elkanich's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Elkanich has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

Why It Matters: Dr. Elkanich's Board Certifications

Sierra Spine Institute Dr Pasquale Montesano

Completed in 2004

University Of Arizona

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Elkanich does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Elkanich and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Non-Surgical Orthopedics

• Knee Surgery
    • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
    • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
    • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Lumbar Disc Replacement