Dr. George Cheriyan, DO

16 Reviews
Dr. Cheriyan

New York Osteopathic Medicine

1044 Franklin Ave Ste 214 Garden City, NY 11530

Dr. George Cheriyan, DO is a neuromusculoskeletal medicine specialist in Garden City, NY. He specializes in neuromusculoskeletal medicine.

• Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

• Elbow Pain
  • Facet Joint Pain
  • Facial Pain
  • Gluteal Muscle Strain
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Heel Pain
  • Muscle Spasm
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Pain
  • Neuro-Muscular Conditions
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)
  • Pelvic Pain
  • Sinusitis
  • Spasmodic Torticollis
  • Stiffness
  • Strain of Muscle and-or Tendon of Forearm
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tension Headache

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cheriyan

Dr. Cheriyan?
Dr. Cheriyan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. George Cheriyan, DO
I came to Dr. Cheriyan for acute back pain. Dr. Cheriyan has excellent knowledge of the human anatomy and ended up treating my entire body. The body is a unit and he is well aware of how one dysfunction can affect many others in the body. My pain was relieved instantly along with numerous other chronic issues I had. Dr. Cheriyan makes you feel very comfortable and explains what he is doing along the way. I would definitely recommend going to him, you will not get this type of treatment anywhere else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
I experienced chronic neck and shoulder pain from an MVA about 5 years ago. I have seen dozens of massage and physical therapists, but honestly never felt any form of relief until I found Dr. Cheriyan. His knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and medicine surpassed my expectations. After just 2 consecutive sessions with Dr. Cheriyan, I no longer experience pain on a daily basis. I am grateful for his passion for helping others and highly recommend him for osteopathic manipulative treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
Dr Cheriyan is awesome, takes his time with you and really gets to the bottom of what is wrong with you. Would 100% recommend and will be going back to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
I have been having wrist pain for over months, after 1 review,Dr Cheriyan was able to manipulate my carpal bones and also my elbow. After his treatment the pain was gone. I must say the simplistic and the holistic model that Dr. Cheriyan uses really sets him apart, his understanding of force and energy to heal a human body is truly amazing and works. Thanks to him I have regained function of my wrist and would highly recommend him for any one who is interested in osteopathic treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
Dr Cheriyan is one of the most gifted practitioners I've ever encountered. Besides being kind and thoughtful, he is intuitive and an excellent diagnostician. I brought my daughter in who had an industrial fridge fall on her back and was suffering from chronic pain daily. Her past experiences with doctors were negative and he was the first doctor to help her and return her to normal functioning. He was honest and made her feel safe. We thought all hope was lost. He is a miracle doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
He's such a good DO! Dr. Cheriyan is extremely knowledgeable and relatable. He treats my joints perfectly and helps me manage them so my condition doesn't worsen. Regardless of your health, everyone should be so lucky to see such a good doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
Dr. Cheriyan is kind, thoughtful and LISTENS. It's hard to explain what he does, it seems like magic, but he can tell exactly where my joint pain is coming from and realigns my body so that it moves properly. It doesn't hurt. He's amazing. Highly recommend him to anyone with chronic pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
I would 100% recommend Dr. Cheriyan to anyone. His ability to diagnose my chronic issues by just watching me walk is amazing. He uses osteopathic manipulation to help put the body into equilibrium; not only focusing on your main issues (lower back pain for me) but looking at the rest of your body (hips, ankle, pelvis, and neurological issues). It truly works! Dr. Cheriyan not only has the abilities to help his patients but is also very personable, caring, and an all around great physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
I have been in and out of chiropractic offices for a long time but when I came in for hip and shoulder pain Dr. Cheriyan did many gentle and intricate techniques as opposed to just cracking the area and sending me on my way. What Dr. Cheriyan does very few doctors can do and more importantly I get a long term effect. My hip was treated over a month ago and I haven’t had any pain since. The constant pain in my shoulder has also subsided. I wholely recommend Dr. Cheriyan, he is an amazing doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
I’ve been through many types of therapy to help me with my upper and mid back pain and I’ve not had success feeling better with any approach I always reached a platoe and my pain would return. Dr Chariyan asked me to walk while he watched, and assessed where my problems were. After my first visit I had amazing results, and each visit he worked on what needed to be addressed to heal my body. Pealing away one layer at a time, as it layered on for 20 plus years . He’s a brilliant doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Cheriyan?

Dr. Cheriyan has a hands-on, evidence-based and holistic perspective. The philosophy he derives his assessment and plan is based on: 1. The body is a dynamic unit of function, 2. Structure and function are reciprocally interrelated, and 3. The body has an innate ability to heal itself.

• Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine