Dr. George Cheriyan, DO

Neuromusculoskeletal MedicineMaleAge 34

Dr. Cheriyan
1044 Franklin Ave Ste 206 Garden City, NY 11530

Dr. George Cheriyan, DO is a Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine Specialist in Garden City, NY. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Cheriyan to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

• Elbow Pain
  • Facet Joint Pain
  • Facial Pain
  • Gluteal Muscle Strain
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Heel Pain
  • Muscle Spasm
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Pain
  • Neuro-Muscular Conditions
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)
  • Pelvic Pain
  • Sinusitis
  • Spasmodic Torticollis
  • Stiffness
  • Strain of Muscle and-or Tendon of Forearm
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tension Headache
  • Thoracic Disc Disorders
  • Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
  • Upper Back Pain
  • Whiplash
  • Wrist Pain

Dr. Cheriyan accepts

Dr. Cheriyan accepts the following insurance:

HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Cheriyan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cheriyan

Dr. Cheriyan?
Dr. George is a very knowledgeable practitioner of his discipline and was a teacher at his medical school even. So I really didn't want to get addicted to any sort of drugs/pain killers, even OTC stuff like. My buddy has rheumatoid arthritis and told me his MD had discovered liver and kidney degradation from years of drugs and so this scared me a lot. Dr. George spends time to explain things to you and what he's doing and all he really is a great teacher too. I was suffering from some back aches and such and such that were persistent and knew I needed some help cause it wasn't going away. I was trying to find a different treatment that doesn't require surgery or drugs whenever possible. With my Urologist (MD) said look at Osteopathic Medicine and see if that suits you. I'm glad I did and was able to locate Dr. George C. and what he said made a lot of sense to me. It worked wonders for me pretty much same day and lasted a long time. Like a car, maintenance of the body is necessary.
AS – Mar 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
I went to him for 10 months. I have several serious injuries from an accident. I recieved moderate, temporary relief (usually about 10 days). Unfortunately, Dr. C. was not good at keeping his appointments, he missed 3 of mine. I waited 3 hours the first time, no reduction in fee, I guess his time is more important than mine. The last time, I waited 25 minutes into the appointment and finally called his service. He said he had my appointment confused with another patient and had cancelled with that patient (?). I wasn't happy the first two times he missed the appointment, the third time was it for me. No more.
John C – Nov 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
I came to Dr Cheriyan with pain in my neck, chest and shoulder from a weight lifting injury. After months of seeing orthopedics, chiropractors, accupunturists and physical therapy with no results, I found Dr Cheriyan. After 3 visits I was feeling more relief than I'd had in months. Dr Cheriyan is an extremely knowledgeable and caring Doctor that truly wants to help his patients. He is also very accessible to his patients, even calling me back on a Sunday!
Gary Wantagh NY – Aug 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
Dr Cheriyan is truly a special doctor. I have suffered with neck pain, back pain and sciatic nerve pain for many years. What I thought was a hyperactive disposition was actually my anxiety as a result of trying to cope with the tight muscle pain I was feeling all over. Dr Cheriyan listened patiently to my concerns and then in a very trusting and comfortable manner, he worked his magic and helped relieve my symptoms. I not only feel better physically, but I have a sense of peace and calm within and feel less anxious. I feel like a new person!! I can’t thank Dr Cheriyan enough for helping me feel like “me” again!
Mary Tufano – Aug 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
I came to Dr. Cheriyan for acute back pain. Dr. Cheriyan has excellent knowledge of the human anatomy and ended up treating my entire body. The body is a unit and he is well aware of how one dysfunction can affect many others in the body. My pain was relieved instantly along with numerous other chronic issues I had. Dr. Cheriyan makes you feel very comfortable and explains what he is doing along the way. I would definitely recommend going to him, you will not get this type of treatment anywhere else.
Aug 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
I experienced chronic neck and shoulder pain from an MVA about 5 years ago. I have seen dozens of massage and physical therapists, but honestly never felt any form of relief until I found Dr. Cheriyan. His knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and medicine surpassed my expectations. After just 2 consecutive sessions with Dr. Cheriyan, I no longer experience pain on a daily basis. I am grateful for his passion for helping others and highly recommend him for osteopathic manipulative treatment.
Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
Dr Cheriyan is awesome, takes his time with you and really gets to the bottom of what is wrong with you. Would 100% recommend and will be going back to him.
Apr 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
I have been having wrist pain for over months, after 1 review,Dr Cheriyan was able to manipulate my carpal bones and also my elbow. After his treatment the pain was gone. I must say the simplistic and the holistic model that Dr. Cheriyan uses really sets him apart, his understanding of force and energy to heal a human body is truly amazing and works. Thanks to him I have regained function of my wrist and would highly recommend him for any one who is interested in osteopathic treatment.
Apr 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
Dr Cheriyan is one of the most gifted practitioners I've ever encountered. Besides being kind and thoughtful, he is intuitive and an excellent diagnostician. I brought my daughter in who had an industrial fridge fall on her back and was suffering from chronic pain daily. Her past experiences with doctors were negative and he was the first doctor to help her and return her to normal functioning. He was honest and made her feel safe. We thought all hope was lost. He is a miracle doctor.
Apr 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
He's such a good DO! Dr. Cheriyan is extremely knowledgeable and relatable. He treats my joints perfectly and helps me manage them so my condition doesn't worsen. Regardless of your health, everyone should be so lucky to see such a good doctor!
Garden City – Feb 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
Dr. Cheriyan is kind, thoughtful and LISTENS. It's hard to explain what he does, it seems like magic, but he can tell exactly where my joint pain is coming from and realigns my body so that it moves properly. It doesn't hurt. He's amazing. Highly recommend him to anyone with chronic pain.
Garden City – Dec 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
I would 100% recommend Dr. Cheriyan to anyone. His ability to diagnose my chronic issues by just watching me walk is amazing. He uses osteopathic manipulation to help put the body into equilibrium; not only focusing on your main issues (lower back pain for me) but looking at the rest of your body (hips, ankle, pelvis, and neurological issues). It truly works! Dr. Cheriyan not only has the abilities to help his patients but is also very personable, caring, and an all around great physician.
Dec 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
I have been in and out of chiropractic offices for a long time but when I came in for hip and shoulder pain Dr. Cheriyan did many gentle and intricate techniques as opposed to just cracking the area and sending me on my way. What Dr. Cheriyan does very few doctors can do and more importantly I get a long term effect. My hip was treated over a month ago and I haven’t had any pain since. The constant pain in my shoulder has also subsided. I wholely recommend Dr. Cheriyan, he is an amazing doctor!
Dec 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
I’ve been through many types of therapy to help me with my upper and mid back pain and I’ve not had success feeling better with any approach I always reached a platoe and my pain would return. Dr Chariyan asked me to walk while he watched, and assessed where my problems were. After my first visit I had amazing results, and each visit he worked on what needed to be addressed to heal my body. Pealing away one layer at a time, as it layered on for 20 plus years . He’s a brilliant doctor!
Samantha in Bayside , NY – Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
Dr. Cheriyan has literally changed the way I walk. A life changing experience. For as long as I remember, I had this weird, funny, duck-like walk. Walking up stairs and simple movements in my barre class not only felt weird but also looked awkward. By the second office visit, Dr. Cheriyan had me walking straighter and better. I couldn’t believe my condition was treatable and that he knew exactly how to treat me. He is not only knowledgeable but also kind with an unparalleled bedside manner.
Margaret in Syosset – Nov 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
I had no idea what I was getting into with osteopathic medicine. My back was in considerable pain and little mobility for 10 months. My 1st visit - I gotta say - I thought I was being scammed (as I had no idea what to expect). When Dr. Cheriyan told me to sit up and put on my shoes...I was angry. What a bunch of crap I thought...and then...I tied my sneakers for the 1st time in nearly a year with no pain and significantly increased range of motion. It’s a magical experience. THE BEST!!!
John Brennan in Brooklyn , NY – Aug 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?
Dr. Cheriyan is absolutely brilliant. I first saw him for an urgent visit for really severe back pain. He treated me and followed up with me a week later to make sure my back was still great. After that, I made him my go to doctor for OMT. I am an Ehlers Danlos Syndrome patient and his treatment has improved my quality of life drastically. Dr. Cheriyan is super encouraging with a great bedside manner.He is very knowledgeable and has an all around health approach that I feel is very important.
Emily in East Meadow, NY – Jul 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Cheriyan, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Cheriyan?

Dr. Cheriyan has a hands-on, evidence-based and holistic perspective. The philosophy he derives his assessment and plan is based on: 1. The body is...Read more

Dr. Cheriyan is a renowned physician with a skill set that is not seen commonly in today's medical system: Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine. He uses standard...Read more

• Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine