Dr. George E Catinis, MD

Dr. George E Catinis, MD

Gastroenterology  |
89 reviews

Dr. George E Catinis, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Metairie, LA. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Catinis is affiliated with Ochsner Baptist, Touro Infirmary and East Jefferson General Hospital....See Less

Metropolitan Gastroenterology Associates

4228 Houma Blvd Ste 520

Metairie, LA 70006

• American Lifecare
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • AmeriPlan
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Benefit Management
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Community Health Choice
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Catinis

My philosophy is to treat my patients as if they were family members. When you come to my office, my promise to you is that I will be attentive to your needs, and I will address your problems and concerns as if a parent, a brother or a sister was sitting in your seat. You will be treated with respect and courteousness.

As an MD at the Metropolitan Gastroenterology Associates, I am committed to excellence in patient care and the development of lifelong relationships with the residents and visitors of New Orleans. We believe in promoting both the highest level and quality of care with the greatest degree of compassion possible. Patient satisfaction is always our goal.

Dr. Catinis' Experience

Dr. Catinis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophageal Stenting
  • Esophageal pH Monitoring
  • Esophagoscopy
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Treatment
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Damascus University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Lsu Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Advanced Biliary Endoscopy Fellowship, 1997-1998, Lsu Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, La
    Other Education | Completed 1998

Dr. Catinis has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic
  • French
  • Greek

Dr. Catinis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Catinis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Ochsner Baptist

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2015 Five Star Recipient for Treatment of Gastrointestinal Bleed

View Ratings

Dr. Catinis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Catinis to family and friends
Dr. Catinis' Performance
in River Ridge, LA |
Dr Catinis is a Dr. that I would highly recommend. His demeanor is professional yet very comforting. He takes time to answer any questions that you have and is genuinely concerned with your health. Dr Catinis went above and beyond what I expected and helped me to understand me condition from a whole heath perspective. Dr. Catinis has my full faith and trust.
in Metairie, LA |
Dr. Catinis is very competent, experienced, caring, and friendly. He takes whatever time with the patient to obtain the patient history and symptoms, prescribe necessary tests and medications and explain in detail to the patient test results, his prognosis, future treatment, and offers to answer fully all questions of his patients.
in Louisiana |
He takes his time to walk you through the process and answers all of your questions. He seems to actually care about you.
in New Orleans, LA |
I was very happy with Dr. Catinis. He was so helpful and very kind. I highly recommend him!
in Kenner, LA |
Today was the third time that I had to have a colonoscopy with Dr. Catinis being my Dr. of choice. I think the best way to describe this man is to tell you that other Doctors could learn from him. He is typically on time with his appointments and incredibly cordial. He has a great sense of humor, great bedside manner and just makes you feel like a person and respected. I recommend him highly!
Metairie, LA |
I highly recommend Dr. Catinis.
in New Orleans, LA |
Highly recommended to me by another trusted healthcare provider. Great "bedside manners." I have recommended Dr. Catinis to friends and family.
in Kenner, LA |
Wonderful doctor very caring. Explains very well any procedure that you need. He follows up with your medical issues. I will highly recommend him. His staff is friendly, efficient and organized.
in Metairie, LA |
Very courteous and plain speaking. Spends time explaining things in understandable terms.
Warrior, AL |
One of the best doctors I've ever had. He's great at answering all my questions and never tries to rush me out the door or push unnecessary tests or procedures.
in Louisiana |
Dr. Catinis has been looking after my Gastroenterology conditions and concerns for years now and I am ashamed to say this is my first time rating his services. He is a Excellent doctor and I recommend him to everyone. I feel like the market is flooded with doctors but not always good one. Dr. Catinis is one of the good one's. I have high cancer concerns do to family history. Dr. Catinis is very thorough with his treatment and care. He takes a interest in my health needs and I trust him.
Kenner, LA |
I've seen Dr. Catinis is for several procedures and follow ups. I felt an instant trust in him. The staff was always friendly and efficient. Dr. Catinis has a balance of professionalism, kindness, and genuine compassion. This combination is very difficult to find. He takes his time, listened to my concerns and addressed them in such a way that I'd leave with a sense of well being. I go in the office with a list of questions and he addresses all of them. I truly feel blessed to have him as a Dr.
in Metairie, LA |
Dr. Catinis is my husband's and my gastroenterologist. He saved his life and guided him through his colon cancer surgery. He was there anytime we called him to answer our questions and to reassure us. His care is above and beyond what is expected!! Anytime I have problems and call for advise, he returns my call personally to tell me what to do. He always gives his patients all the time they need, never rushes trough a visit, and helps with any recommendations needed. My husband and I trust him!
in Slidell, LA |
Dr. Catinis has been my gastroenterologist for approximately 14 years. He is kind, compassionate, and dedicated to his patients. He has always been available, ready to answer questions, and has provided results/plan of care in a prompt and appropriate manner. I value and trust his medical decisions. I highly recommend Dr. Catinis to family and friends.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Catinis has excellent bedside manner. He takes the time to listen to the patient's concerns and strives to appropriately address the patient's medical condition.
in Metairie, LA |
Dr. George Catinis is very knowledgeable, professional and caring. He is excellent in imparting information to a patient. I had an appointment with him today, and have been under his care for approximately 8 years. Dr. Catinis was recommended to me by my internal medicine doctor. I have recommended him to a number of people, and they all think that he is excellent.
in Destrehan, LA |
I was impressed with Dr. Catinis the minute I walked into his office. He introduced himself then actually sat down and reviewed my questionnaire before he examined me. He expressed concern about my weight loss & cautioned me to call him immediately if I lost more than 1lb. a week. He then scheduled me for a colonoscopy. After confirming that all was okay, told me to come back in 5 years unless other symptoms arose. Very professional, very caring. I felt like a friend of his, not a number.
in Kenner, LA |
Dr. Catinis is always very courteous, pleasant, and highly professional. He always has time to listen to my concerns and he explains procedures thoroughly and in a way that even I can understand. His bedside manner, in my opinion, is exemplary. I feel privileged to have him as my gastroenterologist.
in Gretna, LA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Catinas to other patients. Three years ago my husband got very ill. After going to several specialists, Dr Catinas was the specialist who found out what was wrong with my husband. My husband was under his care for 6-12 months. He is very concerned about his patients. I am now under Dr Catinas care due to severe abdomen pain. Dr. Catinas will not stop until he figures out what is wrong. His professionalism is of the utmost standards. A top rated gastroenterologist.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Catinis was very thorough with my care. He spent time with me during each visit making sure I understood and was comfortable with my care plan.
in Metairie, LA |
Dr. Catinis took his time listening to my problems, explaining my health issues and gave me the needed tests and medications. I trust him very much and I rely completely on his judgement and decisions. I would strongly recommend him to my family, my friends and anybody who needs a gastroenterologist. Not only he is a very good Doctor but he is also Compassionate.
in Covington, La. |
Dr. Catinis is very thorough. He always follows up with you and he and his staff are incredible with setting up appointments and communicating with their patients. His level of care, trust, and communication skills should be the benchmark for all physicians.
in Metairie, LA |
Dr.Catinis ,is the best doctor ever.He is very caring,what he says is true,he does treat you like family. Dr Catinis,answers all questions,I know he has lots of patients but I always feel special.I would ---I do tell everyone if they need a gastroenterology doctor,I feel he is the best.Dr Catinis knew my mom had pancreatic cancer her first appoinment,a good friend told me about him my mom & i loved his honesty,he told us what to do that day, that was 10yrs ago my mom got to live 18 months.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr Catinis is very thoughtful and took his time answering all my questions. He also told me what to expect about with my illness and told me I could contact him at anytime for anything. Very pleasant.
in Metairie, LA |
Dr. Catinis is a wonderful doctor. He is very caring and interested in your well being. He takes the time to talk to his patients and explains everything in terms you can understand. He called after hours with test results he knew I was anxiously awaiting. His office staff is courteous and efficient. It's been one of the best experiences with a doctor I've had in a very long time.
in Harahan, LA |
Best doctor in New Orleans? Very possibly. His office is very quick to schedule you. They understand that their patients require urgent attention given the nature of many GI disorders. They also work to fix your problem rather than just throw you on some steroids. Catinis answers any question you ask in a timely manner (usually at the end of the day if you call in, unless it's urgent, in which case he may contact you sooner). The difference in care switching from Ochsner to Metro GI is insane.
in New Orleans, LA |
Fantastic doctor to speak with and ensures your comfortable during consultatIon,wish he was my family physician.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Catinis is a model doctor. He listens carefully to the patient, explains all diagnosis, medication and procedures, carefully reviews patient history at each visit and follows the patient's ongoing medical conditions. I initially went to him for a regular colonoscopy. Due to his dilligence in questioning I had a needed endoscopy and as I still had some problems, a CATscan which revealed a kidney growth. He compasonately relayed this information and contacted my primary care physician.
in New Orleans, LA |
From the Office visit to the Procedure, Dr. Catinis and his Staff were TOP NOTCH!
in Metairie, LA |
I definitely would recommend Dr. Catinis to family and friends because he is very knowledgeable, very attentive and very compassionate. He pays a lot of attention to my explanation, answers my questions, and does everything possible to explain the nature of my illness and available treatment options. His desire and effort to find solution and ability to not to give up helps me to gain optimism and trust that I will overcome my illness and fully recover.
Have you seen Dr. George E Catinis, MD?
Are you Dr. Catinis?

Visit Dr. Catinis

Dr. Catinis accepts 23 insurance carriers
  • American Lifecare
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • AmeriPlan
    Discount Card
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Benefit Management
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana PPO
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • Community Health Choice
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA

Metairie, LA 70006
Touro Infirmary
1401 Foucher St
New Orleans, LA 70115

More Gastroenterology Specialists like Dr. Catinis at Metropolitan Gastroenterology Associates

Dr. Herbert Mayer, MD