Sports Medicine  |
Dr. George Caldwell Jr, MD
Dr. George Caldwell Jr, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Fort Lauderdale, FL. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Caldwell Jr is affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center and Florida Medical Center.

Florida Institute of Orthopaedic Surgical Specialists

2307 W Broward Blvd # 200

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

Dr. George Caldwell Jr, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Caldwell Jr

As a Sports Medicine Specialist, I strive to maximize patient outcomes. This includes conservative as well as surgical approaches to problems of the shoulder, elbow and knee. Advanced and proven techniques are the bedrock of patient care.

Dr. Caldwell Jr's Experience

Dr. Caldwell Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

• Broken Arm
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

1 Board Action
  • Wrong-site surgery (6/15/2015)
    Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Florida

• Ao-International Shoulder Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University of Pittsburgh / Main Campus
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Caldwell Jr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Caldwell Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Caldwell Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Caldwell Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Caldwell Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Caldwell Jr to family and friends
Dr. Caldwell Jr's Performance
in Lighthouse Point |
Dr. Caldwell and his staff are outstanding with the highest level of care and dedication. I would recommend him to anyone that asks in his specialty.
in Stuart Florid |
Been to all the top shoulder specialists in the country and would consider Dr Caldwell as one of the best !
in Mount Laurel, NJ |
Doctor Caldwell did surgery to repair damage to my shoulder. I had very little pain afterwards and a quick recovery. Doctor Caldwell also preformed surgery on my wife 14 years ago, she also had very little pain, and quick recovery and has not had any issues since. Doctor Caldwell has a great bedside manner and a great staff!
in LIGHTHOUSE POINT |
My daughter had ACL surgery in November of 2016. Dr. Caldwell was very highly recommended by many health professionals, coaches, and family friends. My daughter was 14 and destroyed after her MRI revealed the tear. Dr. Caldwell went above and beyond anything I could have expected, not only did he perform the surgery and follow ups, explained things so she understood, an helped her cope with the entire emotional process. She is now fully recovered and working on getting back on the field.
in Hollywood, FL |
First visit with Dr Caldwell..very easy to talk to.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Caldwell is an expert in his field. He repaired my ACL, meniscus, cartilage and made the scar look nearly invisible!
in Homestead, FL |
Dr. Caldwell is the best there is. I have been through 14 orthopaedic surgeries...mostly because of poor surgeons. Dr. Caldwell fixed my knee when 2 other surgeons wouldn't even touch it. He also did all he could to get to the bottom of my 23 year old shoulder injury. Unfortunately nothing can be done about my shoulder but at least I can rest easy knowing the best looked at it. Dr. Caldwell is by far the best surgeon to ever have operated on me and I will refer him to anyone who will listen.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Caldwell has operated on 3 members of my family. My most recent knee surgery was a comlplete success...I have had almost no pain and complete recovery..Surgery day went smoothly. The office staff is great. I would 100 percent recommend Dr. Caldwell!
West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Caldwell truly tried everything possible to heal my arm without surgery, because of my young age, which I am very thankful for. However I did end up having surgery as a last resort, and everything went smoothly, he made it clear before the surgery of exactly how it would happen and managed to calm all of my worries for the aftermath.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Suffered from a misdiagnosed pectoral tendon tear in the middle of 2006, and was told my MRI showed no serious damage. Six months later I still had not regained full, or even partial, strength. A friend recommended that see Dr. Caldwell. His staff was amazingly helpful and he found I had a complete tear and a 4 cm separation. Scheduled surgery soon after, and PT a month after that. I'm finally beginning to feel like my old self again thanks to Dr. Caldwell and staff. Highly recommended, 5 st.
in Wellington, FL |
If I could give 10 stars I would! Last week Dr Caldwell performed arthroscopic surgery on my knee. The entire experience, from the explanation of my injury and treatment by Dr. Caldwell, to the surgery to every follow-up appointment, has exceeded my expectations. The level of professionalism, caring and attention-to-detail from Dr. Caldwell and his entire team is second to none. it easy to understand why I had such a great outcome and highly recommend his office and skill as a surgeon.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Quick turn around was appreciated. X-rays on the first day, led to MRI that revealed injury. Two weeks later, surgery solved the issue. Efficiency and clarity made the experience go that much quicker.
in Delray Beach, FL |
He did an excellent job repairing my two rotator cuffs one in 2013 the other a few months ago . I have regained full range of motion and strength. I
Pompano Beach, FL |
I would definitely refer my family and friends to Dr. Caldwell.
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Caldwell was highly recommended to me by Neighbor. I would always recommend him. He is a professional, honest and friendly. I am happy that i graduated from seeing him last week because my Knee is as good as new now but sad that I don't to go visit. He was not only my Dr. but also my Son's and my Daughter's as well. We trust him with our entire family.
Hollywood, FL |
I am an ACL patient of Dr. Caldwell and he has been great. He is very personable and really takes his time to explain things to me, which means a lot as a 16 year old.
in Ft. Lauderdale |
I am a pretty active guy and over the years I have had a number of significant injuries to different body parts. As a result, I have sought medical services of orthos from S. FL to LA and I can honestly attest that Dr. Caldwell AND staff are among the very best. In early 2017, Dr. Caldwell scoped my R shoulder but only after he first sent me to try physical therapy; he is NOT quick to recommend surgery, as others may be, but rather he takes the time to work with you to find the best remedy.
Delray Beach, FL |
Over the past 10 years I have had 2 surgical procedures performed by Dr. Caldwell. Allow me to assure you that you cannot do better if you are a klutz like me. He repaired both my shoulders following falls. I made the mistake of seeking someone more conveniently located. I paid for that mistake with 10 months of pain following that surgery. I finally made the decision to confer with Dr. Caldwell. He scheduled surgery and eliminated all of my pain. I followed surgery with physical therapy
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
George Caldwell and his office staff are excellent is every measure I can imagine. The office runs like a fine watch. My appointments have always been on time. The staff is friendly, courteous and professional. Dr. Caldwell performed rotator cuff surgery on me with excellent results. I have been to a lot of doctors in my 70 years; Caldwell sets the standard.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr Caldwell had repaired BOTH of my shoulders, the first in 2005 and the other in 2017. I had excellent outcomes in both cases, and found Dr Caldwell to be a kind and extremely skilled surgeon. A side note is that he has a great reputation with the Physical Therapy community, who are dealing with the results of physician's work on a daily basis. Also of interest is how his technique has evolved over the years, as I can attest by my 12 year gap in surgeries. Much faster recovery this time!
in ft lauderdale, fl |
I was very well taken care of Dr. Caldwell. He had been highly recommended by someone tennis friends who are back playing the sport they love. I had a very positive experience. I was seen the day after my injury. Scheduled for an MRI and soon after I got diagnosed with ACL rupture and meniscal repair and scheduled for surgery. Highly pleased with office visits Never had to wait more than ten minutes. Surgery went great. Dr. Caldwell is highly professional, yet compassionate individual.
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
At 40 years old, I sustained my first knee injury (ACL & meniscus) during a basketball game. Since my first appointment with Caldwell and through post-operation follow ups, he has been outstanding! Caldwell and his staff has been professional, patient, and provided me with all the information during this entire procedure. Caldwell's office is impeccible and conveniently located in Fort Lauderdale. If you need a joint worked on, this is the place to go!
in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
Dr Caldwell and his staff were excellent. I can't say enough good things about him. I drove a hour and a half one way to see him because of the care he gives to his patients. My son in law raved about him after he saw him for 2 surgeries, knee and shoulder. So I went to him for my knee and if I need the other one done I will be back to see him. He was the best, along with his staff.
in Hollywood, FL |
I am now one month post ACL surgery with meniscus repair and am so amazing at my quick recovery. I had my accident in Switzerland and Dr. Caldwells office was able to make my appointment for the day after I land- I was in surgery two weeks after that. Everything with them has been so easy. Dr Caldwells calm demenour is so comforting, I felt that I was in the best hands. His surgical coordinator, Beth, is one of the best and is always on top of everything. I highly recommend Dr Caldwell !!
Memphis, TN |
I am 14 years old and I was 13 at the time when he did my surgery and I am recovering very well right now. I recommend you to use Dr.Caldwell because he makes all his patients feel welcomed and safe when entering that operating room. I absolutely loved him!!!
in Fort Lauderdale, Florida |
Dr. Caldwell and his staff are amazing. I had sever knee pain for over a year and in one month I was able to have surgery and now 3 months later I can't even remember having pain in my knee. What a fantastic thing to do, relieving someone's pain. Thank you Dr. Caldwell and team! The office is inviting and friendly. Sheer perfection.
in Lighthouse Point, FL |
I'm stunned to read ANY bad reviews. I've had 3 unrelated surgeries by him (different body parts/unrelated injuries), am facing a 4th, & wouldn't even consider going anywhere else. Many pre-op/post-op appointments later, I honestly have never been treated rudely, felt rushed, or felt that I was getting anything other than exemplary care. Was NEVER pushed into a surgery. I was given multiple treatment options w/ clear potential impacts/outcomes & I picked what was right for me. GREAT doctor!
Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Caldwell and his staff were very informative and took the time to explain the procedure, the different options that pertained to my knee surgery and post op care I would need. Dr. Caldwell and his staff helped me through out my surgical process, which went Great!! I highly recommend Dr. Caldwell to my friends and family and to anyone who may need surgery. :)
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Caldwell and his staff define the ideal patient experience! From my initial visit through surgery and post surgical follow-up, Dr. Caldwell and his staff took time and consideration to answer my questions and provide excellent patient care! I would highly recommend these healthcare professionals to anyone!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I had shoulder surgery 3 months ago. Upon meeting Dr. Caldwell, I was very impressed. He was very informative and knowledgeable about the injury, then gave me several options, in which I opted for surgery. He made me feel very comfortable before and after the surgery. Surgery went perfect and I am very lucky to have found such an outstanding surgeon. Dr. Caldwell showed me that he has an outstanding skillset and character as well. I am truly blessed.
in Palm City, FL |
Everything was more than excellent. There was no delay in the waiting room ever.Every question I had Dr.Caldwell answered thouroughly and he always took his time to discuss procedures.The staff was also nothing less than wonderful and I have made life long friends with them. I know I am blessed to have Dr. Caldwell as my surgeon twice.
in plantation fl |
Dr Caldwell a sport orthopedic MD that I had the great privilege to have been operated on for a knee issue. I had come from an awful factory assembly line of a MD who had no time for me -I was seeking a second opinion. I had heard great things about Dr Caldwell from friends Dr Caldwell spent all the time in the world for me at every visit I had ,everything explained His staff outstanding at both his excellent office and Surgicenter. This man is a GREAT MD, he knows his medicine .
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I recommend Dr. Caldwell every opportunity I get. He has performed a couple of surgeries on me one of which other orthopedist were reluctant to do. I can only assume that their confidence In their abilities would not allow them to do the surgery. Dr. Caldwell performed it without hesitation and with an amazing outcome! He even managed to make an incision through a tattoo and realign it perfectly. If I have to have any surgeries in the future I will definitely choose Dr. Caldwell
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Caldwell's since 2004 and I wouldn't go anywhere else! I trust him implicitly. He is respectful, personable, patient, trustworthy, caring, listens, spends time with me to ensure I understand everything, is on time and simply the best! His staff are friendly, helpful and personable. Love this practice!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Excellent physician and surgeon. He and his team are efficient and very helpful. They spend time and really help you through your orthopedic issues. We are lucky to have a doctor locally who people travel to see from all over the country and beyond!
in Fort Lauderdale, Florida |
Horrible!!! The appointment was medicore. Images were taken but never reviewed by the doctor. They charged me 100% full price and they did not even put a clain into my insurance company. I have Aetna Insurance. Aetna Insurance was the one's who recommended me to see Dr. George Caldwell because he is under the plan that I have. The Staff for Dr. Caldwell Failed. I would rate this visit a C- to a D.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I consulted four other surgeons before deciding on Dr. George Caldwell Jr. His medical examination and explanation of the images I brought to him was very thorough, precise, and pleasant. His professional demeanor as well as that of his entire staff has been exemplary throughout the entire process of repairing my very damaged left shoulder. Everyone, Dr. Caldwell and his assistant, has been patient and kind, yet efficient. One month after surgery the incisions are nearly invisible. Thank you!
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I'm 57 years old and had knee surgery with Dr Caldwell. Four weeks later my knee is pretty much as good as new. I would recommend Dr Caldwell with no reservations. The entire operation is top notch; immaculate offices, courteous employees, and minimal to no wait times for appointments. Also the surgery facility and staff is excellent. The most professional medical office I've ever worked with.
in ft lauderdale, fl |
The front office is rude and he will not give you any time. It is nothing better that a plumber ! Volume clients Like a factory In and out did not spend more than 3 minutes and would not answer any questions at all Horrible experience would not recommend to anyone ! Horrible
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr Caldwell was extremely thorough, in treatment,,explanations. His expertise in his field was exemplary. I would highly recommend him and his staff.
San Juan, NO REGION |
The wait-time in the waiting room is 5 minutes or so (so long as you are on time for your scheduled appointment. The slightly longer wait time in the exam room, based on my experience, is because Dr. Caldwell takes all the time necessary to answer the patients questions to the satisfaction of the patient.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I did not make an appointment with Dr Caldwell because of his front office staff. I called from the recommendation of a co-worker to make an appointment. Was called back 3 days later with the statement of "You need a knee and hip replacement". I said that I had not been seen yet. The front office person told me"If I had let her finish, I would have heard the rest of what she was saying. She was very rude and when I told her I had insurance, she asked me was it Obama care.
in Indiantown, FL |
Dr Caldwell is reassuring, confident and skilled. He was able to perform the repair needed and get our daughter back on the road to what she loves to do. Beth, his nurse, is very organized and will get the information back to you in a timely manner. Thank you!!!!!
in Wellington, FL |
Dr. Caldwell is attentive and thorough. His professional expertise in conjunction with his bed side manners is commendable. I had shoulder surgery due to rotator cuff tear and cartilage damage. Needless to say I cannot thank Dr. Caldwell enough for helping me with my shoulder. I highly recommend him to anyone who requires an orthopedic surgeon.
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Dislocated both shoulders 2 years apart with torn tissue damage that wouldn't keep the ball in the socket. Dr Caldwell reattached the tissue and I healed up quickly and am incident free 1+ later on one shoulder and 3+ years later on the other. Highly recommenced, he is an expert. Just make sure to ask him tons of questions, doctors send to forget everyone doesn't have the same medical background or info that they do, its a common problem but don't be afraid to ask questions. Also do the PT!
Delray Beach, FL |
I simply needed a second opinion with regard to knee replacement. This Doctor was insulted I had knee surgery elsewhere and did not want to even see me. After being scolded, he was nice enough to offer to take a few x-rays. I walked out, did not need to wait three months for an appointment to be treated this way. Nasty nurse initially came in to start the process. This is no way to treat a patient!
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
My experience with Dr, Caldwell was very positive. When I initially met with him, I was certain that I had a shoulder injury that was consistent with a torn rotator cuff. I was very anxious about surgery, but prepared. On the basis of his careful clinical exam, he immediately informed me that he was quite certain that I had adhesive capsulitis. His diagnostic impression was confirmed by an x-ray and MRI. Subsequent treatment required only a brief period of medication and physical therapy.
Have you seen Dr. George Caldwell Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Caldwell Jr?

Visit Dr. Caldwell Jr

Dr. Caldwell Jr accepts 8 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Group Plan PPO