Dr. George L. Caldwell Jr., MD

Dr. George L. Caldwell Jr., MD

Orthopedic Sports Medicine | Male | 55 years old

50 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

As a Sports Medicine Specialist, I strive to maximize patient outcomes. This includes conservative as well as surgical approaches to problems of the shoulder, elbow and knee. Advanced and proven techniques are the bedrock of patient care.Read more

Dr. Caldwell Jr.'s Experience

See how Dr. Caldwell Jr.'s experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Caldwell Jr.

Dr. Caldwell Jr. accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Caldwell Jr. has admitting privileges.

Dr. Caldwell Jr.'s Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Caldwell Jr. to family and friends
4.2
Experience with Dr. Caldwell Jr.
Dr. Caldwell Jr.'s Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (45)
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I had shoulder surgery 3 months ago. Upon meeting Dr. Caldwell, I was very impressed. He was very informative and knowledgeable about the injury, then gave me several options, in which I opted for surgery. He made me feel very comfortable before and after the surgery. Surgery went perfect and I am very lucky to have found such an outstanding surgeon. Dr. Caldwell showed me that he has an outstanding skillset and character as well. I am truly blessed.
in Palm City, FL |
Everything was more than excellent. There was no delay in the waiting room ever.Every question I had Dr.Caldwell answered thouroughly and he always took his time to discuss procedures.The staff was also nothing less than wonderful and I have made life long friends with them. I know I am blessed to have Dr. Caldwell as my surgeon twice.
in plantation fl |
Dr Caldwell a sport orthopedic MD that I had the great privilege to have been operated on for a knee issue. I had come from an awful factory assembly line of a MD who had no time for me -I was seeking a second opinion. I had heard great things about Dr Caldwell from friends Dr Caldwell spent all the time in the world for me at every visit I had ,everything explained His staff outstanding at both his excellent office and Surgicenter. This man is a GREAT MD, he knows his medicine .
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I recommend Dr. Caldwell every opportunity I get. He has performed a couple of surgeries on me one of which other orthopedist were reluctant to do. I can only assume that their confidence In their abilities would not allow them to do the surgery. Dr. Caldwell performed it without hesitation and with an amazing outcome! He even managed to make an incision through a tattoo and realign it perfectly. If I have to have any surgeries in the future I will definitely choose Dr. Caldwell
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
As a result of playing college football I have been a patient of Doctor Caldwell for many years and have always found him to be knowledgeable, informative and have had tremendous results from all of my surgeries from him. He takes the time to evaluate and discuss all options and is not someone that automatically suggests surgery if an alternative option is available. I have recommended him to family and friends for many years and he has always provided excellent care and results.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Caldwell's since 2004 and I wouldn't go anywhere else! I trust him implicitly. He is respectful, personable, patient, trustworthy, caring, listens, spends time with me to ensure I understand everything, is on time and simply the best! His staff are friendly, helpful and personable. Love this practice!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I always recommend Dr. Caldwell to friends. He has cared for my family for years and has always provided excellent care. He is patient and explains everything thoroughly. His surgical skills are outstanding. For those times that surgery has been required, the recovery has been timely and without setbacks and he will actually tell you if you do not need surgery and work with your therapist.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Excellent physician and surgeon. He and his team are efficient and very helpful. They spend time and really help you through your orthopedic issues. We are lucky to have a doctor locally who people travel to see from all over the country and beyond!
in Fort Lauderdale, Florida |
Horrible!!! The appointment was medicore. Images were taken but never reviewed by the doctor. They charged me 100% full price and they did not even put a clain into my insurance company. I have Aetna Insurance. Aetna Insurance was the one's who recommended me to see Dr. George Caldwell because he is under the plan that I have. The Staff for Dr. Caldwell Failed. I would rate this visit a C- to a D.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I consulted four other surgeons before deciding on Dr. George Caldwell Jr. His medical examination and explanation of the images I brought to him was very thorough, precise, and pleasant. His professional demeanor as well as that of his entire staff has been exemplary throughout the entire process of repairing my very damaged left shoulder. Everyone, Dr. Caldwell and his assistant, has been patient and kind, yet efficient. One month after surgery the incisions are nearly invisible. Thank you!
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I'm 57 years old and had knee surgery with Dr Caldwell. Four weeks later my knee is pretty much as good as new. I would recommend Dr Caldwell with no reservations. The entire operation is top notch; immaculate offices, courteous employees, and minimal to no wait times for appointments. Also the surgery facility and staff is excellent. The most professional medical office I've ever worked with.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Wonder how he gets patients ! Difficult to make an appointment with his rude staff. Once and IF you get to see him he will give you 40 seconds before he kicks you out of his office! Did mismanage my diagnosis and had to have surgery by another DR,. would NEVER recommend him to anyone needing care or surgery
in ft lauderdale, fl |
The front office is rude and he will not give you any time. It is nothing better that a plumber ! Volume clients Like a factory In and out did not spend more than 3 minutes and would not answer any questions at all Horrible experience would not recommend to anyone ! Horrible
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
The best of the best shoulder surgeon .
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr Caldwell was extremely thorough, in treatment,,explanations. His expertise in his field was exemplary. I would highly recommend him and his staff.
San Juan, NO REGION |
The wait-time in the waiting room is 5 minutes or so (so long as you are on time for your scheduled appointment. The slightly longer wait time in the exam room, based on my experience, is because Dr. Caldwell takes all the time necessary to answer the patients questions to the satisfaction of the patient.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I did not make an appointment with Dr Caldwell because of his front office staff. I called from the recommendation of a co-worker to make an appointment. Was called back 3 days later with the statement of "You need a knee and hip replacement". I said that I had not been seen yet. The front office person told me"If I had let her finish, I would have heard the rest of what she was saying. She was very rude and when I told her I had insurance, she asked me was it Obama care.
in Indiantown, FL |
Dr Caldwell is reassuring, confident and skilled. He was able to perform the repair needed and get our daughter back on the road to what she loves to do. Beth, his nurse, is very organized and will get the information back to you in a timely manner. Thank you!!!!!
in Wellington, FL |
Dr. Caldwell is attentive and thorough. His professional expertise in conjunction with his bed side manners is commendable. I had shoulder surgery due to rotator cuff tear and cartilage damage. Needless to say I cannot thank Dr. Caldwell enough for helping me with my shoulder. I highly recommend him to anyone who requires an orthopedic surgeon.
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Dislocated both shoulders 2 years apart with torn tissue damage that wouldn't keep the ball in the socket. Dr Caldwell reattached the tissue and I healed up quickly and am incident free 1+ later on one shoulder and 3+ years later on the other. Highly recommenced, he is an expert. Just make sure to ask him tons of questions, doctors send to forget everyone doesn't have the same medical background or info that they do, its a common problem but don't be afraid to ask questions. Also do the PT!
Delray Beach, FL |
I simply needed a second opinion with regard to knee replacement. This Doctor was insulted I had knee surgery elsewhere and did not want to even see me. After being scolded, he was nice enough to offer to take a few x-rays. I walked out, did not need to wait three months for an appointment to be treated this way. Nasty nurse initially came in to start the process. This is no way to treat a patient!
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
My experience with Dr, Caldwell was very positive. When I initially met with him, I was certain that I had a shoulder injury that was consistent with a torn rotator cuff. I was very anxious about surgery, but prepared. On the basis of his careful clinical exam, he immediately informed me that he was quite certain that I had adhesive capsulitis. His diagnostic impression was confirmed by an x-ray and MRI. Subsequent treatment required only a brief period of medication and physical therapy.
Have you seen Dr. George L. Caldwell Jr., MD?
Are you Dr. Caldwell Jr.?

Dr. Caldwell Jr.'s Care Philosophy

Dr. Caldwell Jr.'s experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board actions found

Dr. Caldwell Jr. has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Caldwell Jr. has no media or publications listed.

Board Action

Dr. Caldwell Jr. has 1 board action

• Wrong-site surgery (6/15/2015)
    • Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    • State: Florida

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

University of Pittsburgh / Main Campus

Completed in 1994

Princeton University

Graduated in 1984

Dr. Caldwell Jr. does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Caldwell Jr. and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine