Dr. George Blanco, MD

Dr. George Blanco, MD

Cardiology  |

Dr. George Blanco, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in St Petersburg, FL. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 16 years.

Learn about Dr. Blanco

Video

See how frequently Dr. Blanco performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Heart Disease
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
high
Hyperlipidemia
high

Dr. Blanco's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Blanco "We have forged in new frontiers of cardiovascular care and treatment through advances in nuclear medicine, cutting edge technology and research, and the development of preventive and educational services. Coupled with highly trained physicians and medical staff, The Heart & Vascular Institute has established itself as a "Center of Excellence" in the care and treatment of cardiovascular disease."

• Cardiology
  • Interventional Cardiology

• Cardiovascular Disease
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Aneurysm
  • Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease
  • Unstable Angina
  • Ventricular Arrhythmia

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Stress Echocardiogram
  • Stress Test
  • Thoracentesis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Ultrasound, Cardiac

Undergraduate School | Graduated 1997
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2004
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Blanco has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Blanco does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Blanco and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Blanco's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Blanco to family and friends
Dr. Blanco's Performance
in St.Petersburg, F |
Dr. Banco is an excellent cardiologist. He is kind and professional. He takes time to explain all of his decisions and leaves plenty of time to answer all of your questions. His staff is friendly but also very efficient. This is a very well run practice that makes you feel that you are getting very competent cardiac care.
St Petersburg, FL |
Dr. Blanco is friendly, takes care to explain everything well, and actually listens to what you say and ask. He is my favorite doctor and I would highly recommend him.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Besides being knowledgeable and professional, Dr. Blanco is a very personable guy. He will take time to listen to your stories and give you positive feedback. The medical aspect is always there but he makes it understandable. He covers all the bases that is going on with my other doctors as well. He is not only a very good doctor, he is a nice guy.
St Petersburg, FL |
I'm very pleased with Dr. George Blanco. He not only is professional and knowledgeable, but is compassionate and caring. He takes time to answer questions and to listen to what you have to say. That is a unique and certainly desirable combination in a physician. I feel fortunate to have found this cardiologist.
St Petersburg, FL |
I could not imagine having a better experience with a new doctor. He was engaged, funny and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Dr Blanco is a very special caring person, who understands one's needs. He has the time to listen to ones concerns and act accordingly. I would recommend Dr Blanco to any heart related patient. So pleased to have him as my heart related Dr. Sincerely Eric Addlestone
in St Petersburg, FL |
Knowledgable, Through and relates to older clients with ease. He address all patient concerns well.
in St Petersburg, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Blanco since retiring from Pinellas County in 2008. It was not convenient to continue going to Clearwater for regular check-ups when my home Is in St. Pete. and my husband was seeing a different doctor at this office. My pulmonary doctor, Dr. Warren Abel suggested that I see Dr. Blanco as he had gone to school with several of Dr. Abel's associates and he had an excellent reputation and due to his younger age, was familiar with the newest drugs and information.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Dr. Blanco was very easy to talk to and explained everything in detail to which I could understand. He only runs the test that he feels are necessary and pending results he decides if further testing is necessary.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Dr. Blanco with us!
in Pinellas Park, FL |
Dr Blanco was assigned to my care 10+ years ago while I was in St. Anthony Hosp after suffering a heart attack. He performed the proceedure on me to make the diagnosis. I needed stents. Done! He has been my doctor since then. He is very caring, concerned, conscientious and always available. He also has incredible credentials. I check backgrounds etc before I choose a doctor. It was my lucky day when he was assigned to my care. You could not choose a finer doctor
in St Petersburg, FL |
I first met Dr.Blanco in the Hospital after my heart attack.I had told the Hospital that I had seen a doctor from The Heart Instatute and so had my parents.I was very pleased with Dr.Blanco's concern with the issues I was dealing with while in the hospital .He right away ordered testing and the problem Was taken care of.He has been Very professional getting me on the right track of what I need to do .He orders test for me calls me if he feels it's needed .Very Caring ,He sees many of our family
Thank you for sharing your experience with our office! Dr. Blanco and staff strive to provide the highest quality of care for our patients. We will pass along your kind words.
St Petersburg, FL |
I heartily recommend Dr Blanco!
in St Petersburg, FL |
Dr. Blanco is warm and friendly in person. However, trying to get any feedback over the phone or after testing is a nightmare. Once the testing is done, he is done with you. He doesn't call you if your tests are "normal" - so even if you are actually experiencing some kind of heart symptoms, he isn't interested in getting to the bottom of them. As long as he has done the tests and collected the fees, he is satisfied.
We are sorry to hear this and truly value your feedback. Patient experience is important to us at The Heart Institute, so we will make every effort to address any concerns you may have. Your comments have been shared with the physician. If you would like to speak with someone about this experience, please reach out to Jordan, the Practice Manager, at 727-329-1613.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Chosen for me during my hospitalization
Have you seen Dr. George Blanco, MD?

Visit Dr. Blanco

Dr. Blanco accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Choice PPO