Learn about Dr. Benchimol

Dr. Benchimol's Experience

Dr. Benchimol's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Benchimol's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Benchimol "George M. Benchimol, M.D, FAAFP was born in Lakeland, Florida and grew up in the Tampa Bay area. He attended medical school in Puerto Rico graduating Cum Laude and completed his residency training at the University of Florida Family Practice program serving as Chief Resident. Dr. Benchimol served as Chief of Staff for AGH at Shands and as an Adjunct Professor with the University of Florida. He is board certified with the American Academy of Family Physicians and is a Diplomate and Fellow of the American Board of Family Practice. Dr. Benchimol is listed in the publications of "The Best Doctors in America", "Florida's Best Doctors" and "Strathmore's Who's Who". He has extensive experience in clinical trials research in the areas of Diabetes, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Depression, Sinusitis, Migraines, Epidemiology, Anti-biotic therapy et al. Dr. Benchimol has been in practice for 30 years and he is bi-lingual with Spanish being his second language."

This content was provided by Dr. Benchimol "The goal of Family Practice and of Gainesville Family Physicians is to provide comprehensive, continual, high quality, cost-effective medical care in a compassionate and caring environment. "

• Research

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Weight Loss

• Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Breath Testing

• American Academy of Family Physicians Fellow, 1993
  • Physician of the Year, 1996
  • Strathmore's Who's Who Recipient, Lifetime
  • Who's Who Among Rising Young Americans, 1996
  • Florida Medical Association Certificate of Recognition for Indigent Care, 1997

Dr. Benchimol has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Benchimol does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Benchimol and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Benchimol's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Benchimol to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Benchimol's Performance
in Lake City, Fl |
My family and I have been patients of Dr. Benchimol since 1986. He is an outstanding physician. Has seen our family through many medical issues always with positive outcomes.
in Alachua |
I have recommended Dr. Benchimol to many people and will continue to do so. He is a great Dr and a caring individual. I have been very pleased with him, his staff and the overall experience that I have encountered over the years.
Gainesville, FL |
Dr Benchimol has been my doctor for over 40 years. He is very thorough and keeps up-to-date on new medicines and procedures. He takes the time to answer all your questions and listens to your concerns
Gainesville, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. B for over 20 years. He is kind, patient, caring and always takes time to listen to what I have to say when I go in. Making an appointment is easy. If you need a doctor, call him!
in Gainesville, FL |
Dr Benchimol is a kind, knowledgable, caring physician. I'm in good hands!
in Gainesville, FL |
I love Dr. Benchimol. He is kind, compassionate and takes good care of me. I had several lumpsin my breasts and he encouraged me to do something about them. I had surgery, radiation therapy and chemo, came through it all with flying colors. His good words helped me take care of my self.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in Gainesville, FL |
Listens and explains very well. Discusses issues and treatment. Friendly. Caring.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in Brooker, Fl. |
Dr. Benchimol is thorough, efficient and concerned about my health when I am in his office.
in gainesville,fla |
any time has been my only doctor for 25 years at least my kids went to him I still go to him knowledgeable, professional,caring.
in Gainesville, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Benchimol . for close to 30 years. I have always been satisfied with his staff and his personal care, usually once a year for yearly checkups and as I got older a little more frequent. A little over 7 years ago he detected a problem and sent me to a specialist which in turn determined I needed a transplant. I attribute those extra years in my life to Dr. Benchimol for his professionalism and care.
Gainesville, FL |
Dr. B has been my PCP for over 15 years. He is gentle and kind. He makes referral to other medical services when needed...no begging needed. He is also a great listener and respects my input as part of my patient care team. All-in-all...a great physician.
in Gainesville, FL |
Dr. Benchimol has been our family physician for over a decade. He is the best!!!
in Melrose Fl |
Dr. Benchimol has been my doctor for the last 27 years. He is always professional & listens to what I'm saying. I trust him & think he & his staff are wonderful. The staff always tries to get me an appointment as soon as possible.
Fernandina Beach, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Benchimol for many years. He has always been professional yet listens to everything I say and responds kindly and is very knowledgeable. He keeps up with all the new technologies and the new treatments and regimens. I have moved about 2 1/2 hours away from Gainesville however I will continue to travel to see him. Thanks for your time. C.B.
in Tampa, Fl |
I have been with Dr. B for many years and I can’t say enough about his care. His office and professionalism is excellent. I appreciate the care he gives me and whatever time I need. I like the way he treats me as a whole person and not a bunch of problems.
Tampa, Fl |
Dr. B. is the best doc ever. We've been going to him for a long time. He has been my primary care physician for many years. Dr. B. always gives us the best advise, and great care and excellent treatment in every visit.
in Gainesville, Fl |
Dr. Benchimol is the best doctor.
Gainesville, Fl |
Dr. Benchimol is an outstanding physician, I have been a patient for over 30 years and started at the office across from AGH. He has an excellent bedside manner and will always give you the time you need. Our whole family sees Dr. B and loves him. We think of him as part of our family and recommend him highly!
in Gainesville, FL |
Dr. Benchimol is a wonderful doctor. He is very thorough and takes the time to listen to his patients.
Have you seen Dr. George Benchimol, MD?

Visit Dr. Benchimol

Dr. Benchimol accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Choice PPO
  • AvMed
    Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Staywell (Wellcare)