Dr. George Augustine, MD
Pulmonary Disease•Male•Age 65
Dr. George Augustine, MD is a Pulmonologist in Orangeburg, SC and has over 39 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Augustine has extensive experience in Obstructive Lung Disease, Sleep Apnea, and Respiratory Tract Conditions. He graduated from Calicut U Med Coll medical school in 1983. He is affiliated with Regional Medical Center. His office is not accepting new patients.
Healthgrades Provider Compare™
Quickly compare more Pulmonologists in your area
At a Glance
- Offers TelehealthThis provider offers telehealth appointments. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
- Quiet HospitalPatients said the hospital this doctor practices at is quiet. • See hospitals
Experience and Background Checks
Frequently Treated by Dr. Augustine
Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Augustine treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Augustine treats other conditions, please contact the office at (803) 531-5864.
Obstructive Lung Disease
Obstructive lung disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions including COPD, emphysema, asthma and cystic fibrosis that cause blockages or narrowing in the airways of the lungs, making breathing difficult.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Augustine is experienced in the area of Obstructive Lung Disease. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures
Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Augustine is experienced in the area of Sleep Apnea. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures
Respiratory Tract Conditions
Immunologists diagnose and treat conditions such as pneumonia, bronchitis, and COPD that affect the respiratory system, including the nasal passages, bronchi and lungs.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Augustine is experienced in the area of Respiratory Tract Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 35 conditions and procedures
Check Dr. Augustine's experience treating your condition or procedure
Dr. Augustine's conditions and procedures:
- Acute Bronchitis
- Acute Pharyngitis
- Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
- Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis
- Chronic Pharyngitis
- Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
- Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis
- Influenza (Flu)
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Low Blood Oxygen Level
- Lung Abscess
- Lung Neoplasms, Not Specified as Malignant
- Lung Nodule
- Metastatic Respiratory System Cancer
- Mycobacterial Lung Infection
- Partial Lung Collapse
- Pleural Effusion
- Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
- Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Arteriovenous Malformation
- Pulmonary Edema
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Insufficiency
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services
- Respiratory Failure
- Respiratory Management
- Rheumatoid Lung Disease
- Shortness of Breath
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Study
- Smoking Cessation Counseling
- Swine Flu
- Viral Infection
Search for your insurance provider
Dr. Augustine accepts
Accepted insurance can change. Please double-check when making an appointment.
Dr. Augustine accepts the following insurance:
- Aetna HMO
- Choice Plus POS II
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- HealthyBlue 2.0
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- First Health (Coventry Health Care) PPO