Dr. George Aguiar, MD

Dr. George Aguiar, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 52

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. George Aguiar, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Herndon, VA. He is affiliated with Reston Hospital Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

OrthoVirginia - Herndon

Commonwealth Orthopaedics13350 Franklin Farm Rd Ste 220 Herndon, VA 20171

1850 Town Center Pkwy Ste 400 Reston, VA 20190

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Aguiar is affiliated with Reston Hospital Center Reston, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for orthopedic surgery.

• Offers Telehealth This provider offers telehealth appointments. Schedule an appointment.
  • Practices at Top Hospital America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award™ See hospitals

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Reston Hospital Center

Dr. Aguiar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Aguiar

Dr. Aguiar

Dr. Aguiar is the best!
My mother saw Dr. Aguiar for years and now I’m seeing him. He was my surgeon for my total right knee replacement surgery and he did a fantastic job! He’s the absolute best! He’s’ professional, kind, informative, and caring! I highly recommend him to everyone!
G. Smith – Aug 08, 2022
Does what he says
He said it wouldn’t hurt and it didn’t. Very nice and knowledgeable. Would recommend.
Jul 01, 2022
Still Awesome
My knee replacement I decided not to go through with my knee replacement surgery just yet. Dr Aguiar understood. Said I should be psychologically ready which I really don't think I was but I'm getting ready to travel so maybe when I get back. Very understanding. Does everything possible to help relieve my pain without joint replacement. I am so grateful for his kindness.
Annette – Jun 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Aguiar, MD?
Very happy with the results of my knee replacement
I am an avid pickleball player. Last year the arthritis in my knee became too severe and painful so I had to stop playing. Dr. Aguiar performed a knee replacement surgery on my sister two years ago with very successful results so I made an appointment with him. I found Dr. Aguiar to be very personable and professional. He closely listened to my problem and we discussed possible solutions. We decided that he would give me a shot in my knee and see if it would help with the pain. Unfortunately, my knee pain returned after about a week. I made another appointment with Dr. Aguiar and it was decided that I would get a total knee replacement. Dr. Aguiar performed a total knee replacement on me in October. With the help of physical therapy, I was back playing on the pickleball court in January. I could not be happier with the results of my surgery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Aguiar.
Cindy L. – May 13, 2022
Exceptionaly
I had a total knee replacement in Oct. 2021. He is about 1 hr from me, but well worth the drive! (John Hopkins is at my backdoor, but I wouldn't have thought about having my knee replacement done by anyone other than Dr. Aguiar) Dr. Aguiar is thoughtful, patient, informative and just an amazing surgeon! I have raved about him to anyone that will listen. Also, the after care was just as amazing. He didn't abandon me after the surgery, like many surgeons do. Simply not enough words to describe how thankful I am for him and his team...I have my life back!
May 04, 2022
Knee replacement
I am so happy with my robotic assisted knee replacement that Dr. Aguiar performed. The recovery time was less than I expected and my knock knee (valgus) leg was straighted!
CAF – May 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Aguiar, MD?
Absolutely LOVE Dr. Aguiar!
I worked with Dr. Aguiar to understand my knee problem. Dr. Aguiar worked on several possible solutions with the last result being a total replacement of the knee. After trying several options that did not work, Dr. Aguiar recommended a total replacement of the knee. It was the BEST thing I have done! I really appreciate the time Dr. Aguiar took to understand me and his attentiveness to how I was responding to the various treatments and the follow up therapy after the surgery. I HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who would ask!
Apr 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Aguiar, MD?
Great Surgeon, Great Outcome.
I had a full knee replacement on March 3, 2022. The surgery was done by Dr. Aguiar. He made sure that I knew what was required and the healing time. He uses a robotic assist which resulted in an elegant knee replacement with a minimal scar. I am walking without a cane or walker much sooner than I expected. Pain management was great. PT was hard but helped me get to goal sooner. My new knee is much straighter than my other leg. My knee prior to surgery was causing me great pain. My new knee feels great. Highly recommend Dr. Aguiar.
Anita Champ – Apr 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Aguiar, MD?
I was impressed by Dr Aguiar after meeting him because he was very prepared and had already read the post operative notes about my recent meniscus surgery done by another physician in another state. I am having complications healing and Dr Aguiar had suggestions and a plan to find out what is going on. Although I’ve just begun investigating my post operative knee issues I am certainly happy I found Dr Aguiar.
ML – Mar 31, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Aguiar, MD?
Followup visit for rotator cuff surgery
Polite, informative, and professional. Great Surgeon who give detailed explanations for all of your questions/concerns.
Kip Driggs – Mar 30, 2022
Awesome Aguiar
I have been seeing Dr. Aguiar for two years, I moved three hours away, and I still drive to see him. I call him the smartest guy around, he is just so awesome, his medical advice is so right on and realistic. Don't see anyone else! If you are, you are missing out on great care, and wasting your precious time.
Sam – Mar 24, 2022
Very professional and competent
I always appreciate how respectful of my time the people at OrthoVirginia are. All pre-visit forms are provided online for completion before getting to the office, check-in is very quick, and everyone involved takes very good care of you and doesn’t waste your time. Dr. Aguiar is no exception. He efficiently performed his examination and made his recommendations in an easy to understand manner.
Rob C. – Mar 22, 2022
Can Walk Again!
After being severely immobile for several weeks, Dr Aguiar, quickly diagnosed the reason for my knee and feet problems, expertly and painlessly treating my excess fluid and inflammation, enabling me to walk without a cane or walker in less than 24 hours! My wife and I are so grateful and recommend him highly! A smart, decisive and professional specialist!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Mar 16, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Aguiar, MD?
Dr. Aguilar was very personable and straightforward. Be was honest in terms of which course of treatment to pursue.
Mar 04, 2022
Two successful surgeries!
I have had my shoulder repaired and a total knee replacement using Dr. Aguiar! I am doing really well, my shoulder has healed very well (back to swimming) and my knee feels solid as a rock! Ready to hike again! Don't wait! Make your appointment before you lose muscle tone and can't do the things you love!
Happy Repeat Customer – Mar 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Aguiar, MD?
I wanted the earliest appointment available, and OrthoVirginia schedule me with Dr Aguiar. The lady helped checked me in was very nice, and Dr Aguiar is amazing. His voice is relaxing and he's very knowledgeable...and cute, too!! He was very gentle and careful when he gave me an injection in my shoulder. I like that he tried to carry a conversation during the injection, but I couldn't help but pay attention to the entire process. I guess it's the curious side of me... wanting to pay attention to the details. A friend, who badly injured his shoulders, told me how painful it is when he gets his injections, and I thought it would be painful. Dr Aguiar was great. I felt a little discomfort from the meds being released from the syringe into my shoulder. It's like getting a flu shot.
Marinda – Feb 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Aguiar, MD?
Dr. Aguiar successfully repaired a badly displaced fractured clavicle after a terrible cycling accident. It was a difficult fracture to repair as the portion of the bone completely displaced/broken off was a small piece right at the joint. Dr. Aguiar is a gifted and talented surgeon. He is also humble, kind and caring. He took time to explain the procedure and was kind and forthcoming during the 5 month follow-up. I know I am very fortunate to have Dr Aguiar as my doctor, and I'm very grateful. I highly recommend him without hesitation.
Catherine Siewick – Jan 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Aguiar, MD?
I had two total knee replacements done under Dr. Aguiar’s management and care and am very happy with the outcome.
Dec 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Aguiar, MD?
My experience with Dr. Aguiar has been nothing but positive. He performed a full knee replacement on me one year ago and I barely notice my "replacement part." Throughout my initial meeting with Dr. Aguiar through my "graduation" several months later, I found him to be caring and knowledgeable. I appreciate the fact that he has an assistant who follows him with a computer to write down notes from our visit. This allows him to spend all of his time talking to, AND listening to me, the patient. Knowing that I had come to the necessity of replacing my worn out and painful knee, I thoroughly researched orthopedic doctors before I selected Dr. Aguiar. I liked the fact that he had tons of experience in knee replacements and used the most modern and efficient techniques such as robotics. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Dr. Aguiar for any orthopedic care and/or surgeries.
  • Appointment was rushed
Kim Matsko – Dec 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Aguiar, MD?
Gave me good insights on working with my knee and avoiding surgery.
Reston Guy – Dec 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Aguiar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Aguiar?