Dr. Geoffrey Westrich, MD

Dr. Geoffrey Westrich, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Dr. Geoffrey Westrich, MD is a joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedics doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Read his story

535 E 70th St Ste 308

• HIP Health Plan of New York
  • MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Westrich

See how frequently Dr. Westrich performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hip
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
Osteoarthritis

Dr. Westrich's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Westrich's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Westrich "I specialize in knee and hip replacement, as well as in revision surgery, treating patients in their 30s and older. I am Director of Research, Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement at the highly regarded Hospital for Special Surgery, rated no. 1 in Orthopedics by US News and World Report's Best Hospitals Guide. I specialize in challenging cases and have treated patients from around the country and around the world who come to New York for highly specialized care. With a degree in Engineering, I have also helped design surgical instruments and implants that benefit joint replacement patients."

This content was provided by Dr. Westrich "The goal of my office is to treat all patients with compassion and respect. We strongly believe in patient education and are happy to answer all questions so patients feel at ease and know what to expect."

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Hip Dysplasia
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Swelling

• Synovial Biopsy
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Tufts University
  • Ao/Asif
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Hospital For Special Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Westrich has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Westrich does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Westrich and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Westrich's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Westrich to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Westrich's Performance
New York, NY |
Dr Westrich exudes competence, and his work on my hip attests to it. Now months after my surgery my total hip replacement is so solid that I forget that it once was troublesome at all. As a reflection of the high level of professionalism of his practice, I found his staff to be congenial, knowledgeable and exceptionally efficient, affording me superior assistance with the least fuss, including extending extra benefits when available. My thanks to all for a very positive experience.
in Cranford, NJ |
I had a total knee replacement with Dr. Westrich at HSS on Feb 25, 2016. I was extremely pleased with the entire experience from the hospital staff to the room that I was given. I saw the sunrise from my window every morning which was good for my mind. The Dr was very patient and informative and welcomed questions. 9 weeks after my knee replacement I went to Italy and enjoyed having no pain. I know that my other knee will need to be replaced yet I have no reservations about doing it.
in New York, NY |
My arthritic hips not only caused hip pain, but bad back pain as well, for many years. I was referred to Dr. Westrich, and although it took a few weeks to get an appointment, it was worth the wait. He made the correct diagnosis, patiently explained my options and what to expect, and inspired total confidence. After hip replacement surgery, all of my pain vanished. Thanks to Dr. Westrich and the Hospital for Special Surgery, life is good.
I waited 2 months for an appointment and drove 3 hours one way. The place suggested online to stay the NEw York Presbyterian Guest house was hard to find and not particularly clean. It was also very expensive for one night. Date given for surgery was 2 months later. So having been diagnosed in November of 2016, I contacted HSS immediately and surgery was March. No thanks.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Westrich is an excellent surgeon. 6 weeks after my surgery, there is no pain in my right knee and it is healing strong. I am already walking with authority. Dr. Westrich has excellent bedside manners and answered all my questions concerning this surgery. His support staff handled all my scheduling and paperwork promptly and professionally. I recommend him without hesitation for total knee replacement surgery.
in New York, NY |
He has rigid rules and will not see a patient if not all requirements are met. I had a painful torn meniscus, had my MRI, even the disc but because my rheumatologist's did not give me my X-ray even though I asked, twice, saying the doctor will not need it since I have an MRI, Dr Westrich refused to examine me. Also, husband office staff is rude, unhelpful and unprofessional.
in Great Neck, NY |
Dr. Westrich is a caring physician and an outstanding surgeon. He explained exactly what to expect when I was scheduled for knee replacement surgery. Dr. Westrich did an excellent job, my pain is gone and my recovery was great. I also received excellent care from the staff at the Hospital for Special Surgery, where Dr. Westrich is based. I highly recommend Dr. Westrich and the hospital.
Have you seen Dr. Geoffrey Westrich, MD?
Are you Dr. Westrich?