Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Geoffrey Kwitko, MD
Geoffrey M. Kwitko, M.D. completed his undergraduate work in biology at the University of Western Ontario in Canada, where he was on the Dean's Honor List each year, and was accepted into their medical school after only two years of a four year Bachelor of Science degree. Upon completing his medical degree he spent a year at McGill University in Montreal where he did his internship. Dr. Kwitko spent the next three years completing an ophthalmology residency at the Kresge Eye Institute-Wayne State University, as well as an additional year completing a Fellowship in oculoplastic, orbital, lacrimal, and neuro-ophthalmology, also at the Kresge Eye Institute-Wayne State University in Detroit. In Detroit, Dr. Kwitko ran the ocular trauma service at the Detroit Receiving Hospital. Dr. Kwitko has been in practice in Tampa since 1991 limiting his practice to cosmetic and reconstructive oculoplastic, orbital, lacrimal, and neuro-ophthalmology. Dr. Kwitko is a Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology (Board Certified), Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.), International College of Surgeons (F.I.C.S.), American Academy of Ophthalmology (F.A.A.O.), International Society of Orbital Disorders (F.I.S.O.D.) and is a founding fellow of the Neuro-Ophthalmic Surgical Society (F.N.O.S.S.). Dr. Kwitko is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of South Florida where he teaches young surgeons the art and science of his specialties. He is a past President of the Tampa Bay Ophthalmologic Society, elected by his peers. Dr. Kwitko has published numerous articles in his area of expertise in peer review journals and medical textbooks as well as being an international lecturer in these areas. He routinely teaches courses at the American Academy of Ophthalmology annual meeting. He also founded, and is the Editor-in-Chief, of the Electronic Journal of the Neuro-Ophthalmic Surgical Society. Dr. Kwitko has also been voted as a "Best Doctor" every year since 2003 and has been awarded the American Academy of Ophthalmology Honor Award.

311 S Macdill Ave

Tampa, FL 33609

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Kwitko

More than 22 years ago, Dr Geoffrey M. Kwitko came to South Tampa with one goal: to create the most comprehensive eyelid surgery center the area had ever seen. The board certified and fellowship-trained Oculoplastic and Neuro-ophthalmic surgeon did just that when he opened the world-class surgery center in the heart of our community. A world-renowned expert on cosmetic eyelid surgery, Dr. Kwitko specializes in thyroid eye diseases, orbital diseases, orbital cancers, tearing problems and dry eye

Dr. Kwitko's Experience

Dr. Kwitko's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Corneal Ulcer
  • Dacryoadenitis
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Eyes
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Keratitis
  • Lazy Eye
  • Malignant Neoplasm of Eye
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• McGill University / Faculty Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Kresge Eye Institute / Wayne State University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Kwitko has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Kwitko does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kwitko and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kwitko's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kwitko to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Kwitko's Performance
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Kwitko performed ocuplasty on both my upper and lower eyelids during the early months of 2017. I have seen him for a number of follow-up appointments since then. I found him to be very informative about both the benefits to me of the surgery and any potential risks. He was honest and forthcoming and completely willing and able to answer my questions. I have complete faith in him as a professional expert, especially being aware of his extensive years of successful practice in Tampa.
in Tampa, FL |
Once again Dr.. K never fails to amaze me. I have a rare disease and my eyes are affected. Through 5 surgeries and many tears over the years, he wants the best for me. Also he's very sensitive to any discomfort I may feel. I have a follow up apt next week and we will see what the next step is. Stay tuned. BTW He's a bit rough around the edges, but he's a hockey player for goodness sakes.
Tampa fl |
Dr. Kwitko is great, as for the staff not so much. I might have an aneurysm if the pregnant one actually cracks a smile or shows any type of skill in the customer service department. The rest at least smile or act like you are the customer.
Tampa, FL |
I had upper eyelid surgery performed by Dr. Kwitko. My experience was very positive and I am totally pleased with the results. I would highly recommend Dr. Kwitko.
in Mulberry, FL |
I was sent to Dr. Kwitko by my regular Optometrist with a possible basil cell carcinoma on my eyelid. An appointment was made and I saw him within a week. He verified the cancer and scheduled surgery for the following week. I returned the day after surgery to be checked out and a week later for the stiches to be removed. Everything went smoothly, and the doctor was more than available at all times for any questions that I may have. I would highly recommend Dr. Kwitko to any one.
in Riverview, FL |
Great efficient staff to start off. Saw multiple Dr's prior to seeking help for double vision and never doubted he would solve an evasive problem. And did.
in Land O Lakes, FL |
Dr. Kwitko was recommended by my regular doctor for persistent problem. It has taken over a year and several surgeries and now my eyes are in better shape than ever!
in Plant city Florida |
I was never concerned about the procedure very professional Staff the Surgical Staff was very professional I would recommend Dr Kwitko no question about that
in Tampa. FL |
Dr. Kwitko has been my ocular plastic surgeon for several years, having removed three squamous cell growths from both upper and lower lids. His work is beautiful , the healing quick and painless. Dr. Kwitko is knowledgeable, efficient, and a very, very kind person! When other doctors recommend Dr. Kwitko, it is because he is the best! Highly recommend!
St Petersburg, FL |
As a physician, I searched carefully for the most skilled Oculoplastic surgeon to perform my blepharoplasty. I had an outstanding result and would highly recommend Dr. Kwitko to friends and family.
Tampa, FL |
I chose Dr. Kwitko for my eye care needs because he is the best in the area. I have worked with many surgeons and know that Dr. Kwitko takes care of his patients and is very knowledgeable of orbital disorders. I had a great experience at his office and at the surgery center. I would choose him for my eye care needs in the future and recommend him to friends and family.
in Tampa, FL |
This is the best doctor I've ever had work on me. His work is outstanding and he is always so friendly and informative ! I highly recommend him .
in Tampa, fl |
Great doc! Solved my problem, wonderful office and staff. Very friendly environment and extremely professional
in Odessa, FL |
Very professional and comfortable office and staff. I would recommend to my friends and family.
in Tampa, FL |
Efficiency and Quality all in one office and physician.
in Dade City, FL |
I just finished my 4th and last eyelid surgery performed by Dr. Kwitko. He is professional and thorough. I would highly recommend him to everyone. If I have to have any more opthamology services, I will go to him.
Tampa, FL |
Efficient, caring and honest. Has a hands on approach to patient care.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Kwitko embarked on a two-year journey through ten surgical procedures to correct years of damage inflicted on both of my eyes from desert sandstorms in Africa to blinding reflections off coastal seas. His patience to rectify years of neglect to my vision has given me renewed hope to continue through a growing stack of books awaiting my attention and more years to explore parts of the world yet seen. Dr. Kwitko IS MY HERO and I am very grateful for his gifts !!!! Earl James Goodyear, Ph.D
in Lithia, FL |
Fantastic doctor. Happy and relieved I was referred to him. He is my trusted Opthamalogist from this day forward.
in Largo, FL |
A very efficiently and professionally run practice. Dr. Kwitko has exceptional bed-side manner and the surgery center where he operates was top notch. To a person, all the staff I interacted with were pleasant and knowledgeable. An outstanding experience from start to finish.
in Largo, FL |
Dr. Kwitko exudes great compassion and patient care! Results from my 4 year old daughter's eye procedure is excellent and we're so grateful we got recommended to such an AWESOME physician.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Kwitko and staff are wonderful. I had cosmetic eyelid surgery and it came out amazing. I look 30 years younger. He is without a doubt the best Oculoplastic surgeon around.
in Orlando, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. kwitko for 5 years. He has always been wonderful and caring as has all his staff. He removed a cancer from my eyelid and reconstructed it beautifully. He then preformed cosmetic eyelid surgery on me and the results were beautiful. His staff has always been wonderful and caring especially the girl with the long hair!! Highly recommend Dr. Kwitko. As far as the previous review Is concerned, some people just like to complain.
in Land O Lakes, FL |
Very thorough and professional.
in Tampa, FL |
An amazing doctor with an amazing staff! Even the tampa surgery center was amazing! Nice to know my treatment comes from a knowledgeable man who truly takes an interest in his patients!
in Weeki Wachee, FL |
Thankful Patient! I have had Thyroid Eye Disease since 2001, requiring numerous eyelid reconstructions. Dr. Kwitko has treated me since August 2014. His expertise in treating my on-going eyelid issues has been an answer to my prayers. He is a consciences, skilled surgeon. He displayed real concern regarding preservation of my eyesight. A meticulous surgeon & an extremely compassionate person, I highly recommend him to family & friends in need of a professional such as he. Thx Dr. Kwitko!
in Tampa, FL |
Our family has used Dr. Kwitko for surgery twice in the past 5 years and he was voted Best in Tampabay for a reason. My daughter recently had to have a growth removed from her eyelid and his stitching was perfection. Great Doctor and staff. Don't go anywhere else!
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Kwitko is by far the most knowledgeable doctor I have seen, in regards to my condition. I was very nervous about my surgery, and he put me at ease. He's extremely professional and caring, as is his office staff. I am extremely pleased with the outcome of my surgery and highly recommend him.
in Tampa, FL |
I will recommend Dr. Kwitko to others. He did an excellent job.
in Parrish, FL |
Already recommending Dr. Kwitko to my closest friends. Office visit was pleasant. Staff was kind, courteous, and knowledgeable. Dr. Kwitko is experienced, professional, and efficient. Answered all of my questions that I asked to my satisfaction. Operating days were a new experience for me. Atmosphere was relaxing, staff was very skilled putting me at ease. I was in and out in a timely manner. No pain or complaints. Dr. Kwitko accomplished my medical procedures above my expectations.
in Weenie Wachee, Fl |
Dr. Kwitko knew what the problem was, said what had to be done, what would happen if the problem wasn't taken care of and guided me in the right decision.
in Tampa, FL |
I had 2 separate surgeries with Dr. Kwitko, one of which was to repair my tear ducts, and the other was upper eyelid lift.....extremely pleased with the results!! I would highly recommend Dr Kwitko!! Very thorough with a great personality!! Thank you again Dr. Kwitko!!
in Tampa, FL |
What can I say about Geoffrey M Kwitko, MD other than he certainly knows his eyeballs! Well, there is not a more caring, more compassionate, extremely talented and knowledgeable physician in the Tampa Bay Area that's what I can say about Dr. Kwitko (or) Dr. K as I call him. If you are a patient of Dr. K's.. you're very fortunate and you know exactly what I'm talking about.. If you are in need of his services, I recommend calling his office for an appointment. I am honored that he is MY eye dr!
in Brandon, FL |
Dr Kwitko removed a basal cell from my eye area and did an excellent job, no recurrence. I would highly recommend him to everyone. His staff is the best, appointments are easy to get. He has attention to every detail and he makes you feel at ease. I am glad he is here is Tampa.
in Hawley PA |
What can I say but wonderful. My eye lid surgery was easy, painless less bruising than I thought I would have. No scar showing. Would recommend him to anyone considering this surgery.
in Tampa, FL |
I have worked professionally with Dr. Kwitko for 15+ years. I have seen his work and results first hand. Therefore, I had him perform my eyelid surgery. I had the surgery on a Friday and was back to work on Monday! He was very accommodating with the scheduling of my surgery, he even performed my surgery on a day that he doesn't normally operate! He has since operated on several of my family members with the same excellent outcome!
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Kwitko is an amazing Doctor. I have been going to him for years. I first went in for dry eye. In which he found an underlying condition causing my issues. He set up necessary testing to confirm what he believed to be thyroid disease. He fixed my dry eyes, No more drops and the outcome looks natural. His staff is great, the team is vey efficient. I wish all my Doctors office were this wonderful.
in Tampa, FL |
Not only is Dr. Kwitko the best eye surgeon in town, he is meticulous at Botox as well. His attention to detail is evident in every patient he treats. I wouldn't trust my eyes with anyone else. I highly recommend him for Botox and surgical procedures.
in Tampa, FL |
I went to see Dr. Kwitko for dry, red eyes and irritation. I kept using drops before hand thinking that that was my only salvation and the only thing that would give me relief. Dr. Kwitko suggested surgery to relieve my symptoms. I had the surgery which was a breeze, plus the recovery was a breeze....I feel so much better. So glad I came to see Dr. Kwitko he is a wonderful doctor.
in Brandon, FL |
I suffer from dry eyes and thyroid disease and also had a basal cell cancer in the inner corner of my eyelid. Dr. Kwitko has treated all of the above for me and I am totally happy with his knowledge and attentiveness. The staff is awesome also and I would highly recommend him to everyone. He is a very caring doctor and an excellent doctor.
Hillsborough County, FL |
Have been seeing Dr Kwitko for various eye problems for a couple of years. Have to say he is the best eyelid surgeon in town. He is a great surgeon and truly cares about his patients. Any time I have any issues I call the office and he returns my call within minutes. His office staff is also very friendly and knowledgeable. Overall I highly recommend Dr Kwitko.
in Tampa, FL |
Very compassionate and caring. Met me on a Saturday am when the office was closed due to a tear duct infection. I was admitted and started on antibiotics that day and the abscess was drained the next day. I did great. Dr. Kwitko gave up his weekend to make sure I did Great. Amazing doc
in Tampa, FL |
With Kwitko, you are not a patient - you are an insurance payment. That seems to be pretty much what he cares about, not you - just what he can bill.
in Tampa, FL |
I came to Dr. Kwitko because I was having vision problema. He diagnosed dry eyes due to my eyelids being droopy. I would have never thought of it. I had my lower lids done 3 weeks post op. I am AMAZED at the different in my vision! Clearer and I don't need new glasses now. I am a happy woman. My upper lids are next and I can't wait! As for Dr. Kwitko.. I can't say enough at how great he is. A very skilled surgeon with a wonderful support staff surrounding him Recommended Highly ?
Odessa, FL |
Had a spot removed from lower lid to test for cancer. Came back cancer free! Dr. Kwitko is very knowledgable and explains in detail procedures. His office staff and surgical center are very professional with excellent follow through. I would highly recommend his practice to anyone needing eye surgery procedures whether cosmetic or otherwise.
in Dunedin, FL |
I highly recommend Dr. Kwitko for cosmetic eye surgery. Since I have had eye issues in the past. I was looking for a good ophthalmologist as well as a great cosmetic surgeon. His preoperative visit was very thorough and I felt very comfortable prior to the surgery. The surgical experience has been pain-free, and the results look great but are not overdone. I am very pleased.
in Riverview, FL |
Very professional, caring and understanding of needed procedure . Also the office staff was very informed with needed concerns.
in Seminole, Fl |
Dr. Kwitko is probably one of the most talented, patient, kind & caring Dr's that I have had the pleasure to work with. He fixed my eye lids with such care, concern & was so compassionate to my situation as a Domestic Violence Survivor.HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! He fixed my eyelids so perfectly that you would NEVER know that one had been bitten into multiple pieces. I wish that I could post start to end and you would see the perfection of his work!! I hope that he knows how much better I now see myself
in Tampa, Fl |
When I went to see Dr.Kwitko i had no idea what was wrong with my eye, I was confused and scared, but Dr.Kwitko was very kind, he evaluated my eye, ran a few tests and put my mind to ease by answering all of my questions. He then found a reasonable solution to help maintain my problem and eventually he found a more permanent solution. He was great, he help fix my problem, I couldn't of asked for a better Doctor.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Kwitko reconstructed my eyelid after cancer destroyed most of it. The results are beautiful. Dr. kwitko was caring and his staff was great. I highly recommend Dr. Kwitko
Have you seen Dr. Geoffrey Kwitko, MD?
Are you Dr. Kwitko?

Blue Preferred Patient Care PPO
  • CoreSource
    Group Plan PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medico