Dr. Gennady Gekht, MD

Dr. Gennady Gekht, MD

Interventional Pain Medicine | Male

Coastal Orthopedics & Sports Medicine / Pain Management 8340 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Ste 300, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

We are a world-class healthcare organization specializing in the care and treatment of the entire musculoskeletal system, including: orthopedics, sports medicine, and pain management. Our specialists also have advanced expertise in work-related injuries, participate in clinical research trials and offer a host of onsite services, including outpatient surgery, diagnostic imaging and physical therapy.Read more

Dr. Gekht's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Gekht's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gekht

Dr. Gekht accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Gekht has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Gekht's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gekht to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Gekht
Dr. Gekht's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (43)
in Lakewood Ranch, FL |
Dr. Gekht is the first doctor to successfully treat a chronic back problem that I have had for over 15 years. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for an effective approach to dealing with back pain and, in my case, the treatment did not rely on pain medication. He has a great bedside manner and is a lot of fun to talk to. He's the best.
in El Paso, TX |
After seeing several doctors who were unsuccessful in addressing my neck pain and migraines, I was referred to Dr. Gekht and found him to be thorough and successful in resolving my neck pain by performing cervical radiofrequency ablation and medial branch blocks. He has a wonderful bedside manner and always puts his patients' concerns foremost. I moved to El Paso, Texas in 2014 and am currently in the process of trying to find a doctor in our area who can serve me as Dr. Gekht did.
in Cape Haze, FL |
Would definitely recommend and have recommended friends to Dr Gekht. He has given me some relief from back pain after hearing from others for many years that "there's nothing we can do for you." I live too far away to continue with Dr Gekht as I am still working and an hour and a half one-way is too much to take out of my day just in travel time.
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Gekht is a disgrace. They made us wait nearly 1 month for an ESI then wouldn't give us the ESI due to a scheduling mistake. They didn't care and told us we had to wait. We are expecting a baby and could not wait. We told them this we planned our lives around the ESI appointment. They admitted their mistake but didn't care. They blamed their employee. We told them the service were 'lousy.' They then cancelled my husband's appt and told us to find another doctor.
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Gekht is a consumate pain management specialist. He cares about his patients,listens well and is very empathetic.He is in a class by himself and has a great sense of humor.Recommending him to family or friends is a no brainer.
in Bradenton, FL |
Great Dr. Recent Surgery was Painless with good results.
Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Gekht is the perfect example of how a doctor should interact with a patient. He is polite, fun to talk to and very knowledgeable. He clearly explains medical procedures and patiently listens. I have had great results with the medical procedure he recommended.
in Sarasota, FL |
I have never met anyone like Dr. Gekht before. He is the most understanding and caring doctor that I have ever had. He speaks to you on your level, not down to you. Dr. Gekht has never looked at his watch or seemed to be in a hurry and stays with you for how ever long it takes. We plan to move back to NY but as long as I need pain management, it will always be with Dr. Gekht.
in Bradenton, FL |
I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT OF DR.GEKHT FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND MY EXPERIENCE HAS ALWAYS BEEN EXTREMELY FAVORABLE. HE IS VERY THOROUGH, KNOWLEDGEABLE AND HAS A GREAT ATTITUDE TOWARD HIS PATIENTS. I PUT A GREAT DEAL OF TRUST IN HIS OPINIONS AND EXPERTISE. A VERY FINE MEDICAL PRACTITIONER.
in Bradenton, FL |
Been seeing Dr Gekht for approx. 8 yrs. he was treating me with injection in hip --was leaving fon vacation that afternoon--Dr Gekht took his lunch break to give injection-- so I could travel a bit more comfortable ! THis was above the call of duty!!!!!! DR Gekht has always been professional and attentive to me. THUMBS UP TO DR GEKHT!!!!!!
in Sarasota, FL |
Kind, listens fully and takes the time needed.
in Osprey, FL |
I have used Dr Gekht for more than 8 years. During that time he has treated me for chronic pain in my neck and in my lower back. He has given me great long lasting relief in both areas. He and his staff are friendly and compassionate, especially the doctor. I highly recommend him.
in Longboat Key, FL |
Dr. Gekht is kind, warm, funny, caring, and good at what he does!
in Sarasota, FL |
Not enough stars on the questionnaire to rate how well Dr. Gekht listens to &e then answers my questions or concerns. He takes as much time as necessary to explain my medical conditions using the appropriate amount of time. He is a stickler for keeping his appointments on time but I've never once felt rushed (how he makes this work I have no idea but he does). I have degenerative disc disease so spend too much time @ Coastal & am very qualified to rate him & the office. Physician extraordinaire!
Have you seen Dr. Gennady Gekht, MD?
Are you Dr. Gekht?

• Chronic Pain
  • Cluster Headache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Parkinson's Disease

• Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Pain Management
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)

Emory University

Graduated in 2001

Emory University
    Emory Univeristy
    Mayo Medical School

Dr. Gekht has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gekht does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gekht and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Gekht's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Interventional Pain Medicine
  • Board certified in Neurology and Pain Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Gekht

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Gekht's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Gekht

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Gekht's Care Philosophy