Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD

Adult Psychiatry ·  Male

Dr. Wen

"My therapist highly recommended me to see Dr. Wen and I have been following with him for many months. He is friendly and very professional. I have strong confidence on him."

Read Review

"I went to see WEN only for an INITIAL INTERVIEW ONLY to see if I would hit it off with him to treat me. I went there ONLY because my current provider is retiring. Having never met him nor he me before, he asked me 3 questions only in under 3 minutes. He sttod up from his desk, and asked me to come with him. He lead me back to the waiting area & asked me to wait. I waited approx. 15 minutes, when I felt that something terrible was wrong. I held my keys in my hand & started to exit the office, when I looked out the window to see that the palce was surrounded by police and an ambulance. I left his office and got into my car to start to drive away, when both police & ambulance people all fought with me to pull me out of my car, Involuntarily. I was yanked from my car & forced onto a stretcher. I was taken to hospital Psych. dept & held for 7 hours. After being evaluated at hospital ER staff & Dr.s, it was concluded that this so called Dr. Wen, had no cause to have me hospitalized."

Read Review

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wen

4.0

Dr. Wen?
Dr. Wen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD?
Unfortunately not enough characters to tell of my whole experience. He didn’t listen to a word I said. He said his plan was to prescribe the same meds that I just explained I had issue with. He offered no other options. It took him a week, a reminder call, and then he still called in 90 day scripts for 2 meds I was no longer on. I had to pay for the meds I didn’t need because the pharmacy deemed it my fault.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD?
Very nice doctor with great bedside manner who makes you feel at ease. He explains well, is thorough and takes his time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD?
Dr. Wen is a friendly, respectful physician who doesn't beat around the bush when you want real communication about your condition. He is very caring and spends time with you as needed and once you see him you never feel as if he is rushing you. He treats the patient with courtesy and respect. I trust him with my healthcare needs and diagnosis. I've referred him to others who feel the same way.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD?
This man is pure evil. An evil emperor of the psychiatrist world. He doesnt listen to what you're saying, nor does he listen to you in general he just talks over you, he discharged me from his program cuz I called his office 5 times. Once was for an allergic reaction to medicine I reached out to him about what to do with no avail. The next 3 were to book apts. He then told me if I bothered his staff again he'd discharge me. I had to call because he called me in the wrong medicine and discharged
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD?
My initial visit was ~20 minutes, and the 3 other visits were <15. Fortunately I know enough about psych to explain my issues, because he asks few questions. When telling him anything, he just says "mm hmm, uh huh" while looking at the computer screen and then cuts you off. Feels very invalidating. He was going to give me an SSRI til I reminded him I have hypomania. I told him how much I drink and he said "That's a HUUGE amount" while gesturing. He's very smart, but needs help in bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD?
Stupendous! This doc is a horse of a different color, for sure. He's not haughty like most psychs. who think they're God's gift mankind. He is very friendly, upbeat, funny, compassionate, and most of all -- VERY discerning. He is, by far, the best thing that ever happened to me in my lifelong battle with Anxiety and Depression...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD?
He's Something! I thank my lucky stars I was sent his way because he is SO DIFFERENT from most psychs. who think rather too highly of themselves...Dr. Wen is not that way at all. He's really friendly, funny, warm, and most of all SUPER PERCEPTIVE. He's the most refreshing doc I've ever met! I actually look forward to visiting him and sometimes go twice a month even though I just need once a month! You won't go wrong with this dude, believe me...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD?
Dr. Wen is the absolute best psych. I have ever met in 30 years of treatment for depression. He's SO refreshing! Super nice, funny, cute, AND right-on perceptive. I count my lucky stars that I was sent his way, for sure!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD?
Was in his office within 5 minuets, He made everything easy for me and condemned my running all over the place for different doctors visit to one who can treat all my issues. He was friendly and very knowledgeable. I’m happy to have met him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD?
Recently visited this office. A very nice doctor with very nice office staff. I am happy to have found Dr. Wen by searching online. I am satisfied at the service there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD?
The 1st thing you will notice when you arrive at the office is that there is no handicapped entrance and you have to climb stairs to the 2nd floor. I waited nearly a month for an appointment and drove 30 mins. to the office. There was a large NO PETS ALLOWED sign on the door. When I entered I was immediately told by the receptionist that my SERVICE DOG was not allowed in the office per Dr. Wen. What kind of person is this that calls himself a mental health professional? A sorry excuse for a Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD?
Dr. Wen has always been very approachable and helpful. He is always willing to listen. He would go over and beyond to find resolution to your problems. Dr. Wen is a compassionate and caring doctor that you do not see very often.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD?
Dr. Wen is the best mental health professional I have seen (and I've seen them all) in 20 years. He's the full package, the real deal. He is literally compassionate FOR YOU and shares his family's personal experiences. So he knows what it's like living with someone with mental health issues. He and his team are just that. They work hand-in-hand, together to create a program that helps your life. Good luck finding a doc who works with the other professionals in CT. Wish he had a priv. prac
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wen?

Dr. Gengyun Wen, MD is an adult psychiatry specialist in Mansfield Center, CT. He specializes in adult psychiatry, addiction psychiatry, and more.

• Adult Psychiatry
  • Addiction and Substance Abuse Counseling
  • Addiction Psychiatry
  • Anxiety Disorders

• Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Wen accepts

Dr. Wen accepts the following insurance:

Connecticare
Medicaid

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Wen's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Wen's Top Procedures and Conditions

Drug and Alcohol Dependence

Dr. Wen treats Drug and Alcohol Dependence more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Wen treats this condition more than 94% of his peers

Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)

Dr. Wen treats Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence) more than 93% of his peers

Dr. Wen treats this condition more than 93% of his peers

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
high
high

Dr. Wen treats Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) more than 89% of his peers

Dr. Wen treats this condition more than 89% of his peers

Dr. Wen's conditions and procedures:

• Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Anorexia
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Detoxification
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Hallucinogen Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Outpatient Opioid Detoxification
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases