Dr. Genghis Niver, MD

Dr. Genghis Niver, MD

Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Niver is an active member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand and American Association of Hand Surgery. He is a member of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Niver is the coauthor of articles and abstracts on a wide range of topics in orthopedics, which are published in the prestigious, peer-reviewed scientific journals American Journal of Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Clinics of North America. He has delivered local, regional, and national invited presentations in his field. In addition, he is the hand surgery consultant for the New Jersey Devils of the National Hockey League and a team physician for Fairleigh Dickinson University and Westfield High School.

140 Park Ave Fl 2

Florham Park, NJ 07932

• EmblemHealth
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Niver

See how frequently Dr. Niver performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
Hand Fracture
high
Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
high

Dr. Niver's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Niver "Dr. Niver's interest in hand surgery started when he learned about the intricacies of the forearm and hand compartments during his first semester anatomy course in medical school. He says, "I enjoy hand surgery because it combines skills for a wide range of procedures, including fracture repair, nerve repair, tendon transfers, and ligament reconstructions. In addition, it's gratifying to improve my patient's manual dexterity, limb use, and quality of life.""

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery

• Elbow Fracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Extra-Articular Fracture
  • Finger Injuries
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Intra-Articular Fracture
  • Joint Fracture
  • Laceration
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Conduction Disorders
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Tumors

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• University Of California At Berkeley
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2002
  • Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • University Of Connecticut
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Rothman Inst-Jefferson U
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Niver has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Niver does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Niver and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Niver's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Niver to family and friends
Dr. Niver's Performance
Clifton, NJ |
Dr. Niver's office is 100% unacceptable. They struggle with even the most remedial communication skills. They are unable to follow through with the doctors orders. They are unable to order and get approval for imaging. With all these other issues, they are also unable to keep the patient in the loop. I have been waiting for over a month for a simple MRI approval. I had to cancel my follow up appointment because of this. No communication from office or approvals dept. He might be good??
in Whippany, NJ |
Dr Niver had me back in the swing of things in just a few months after tendon repair surgery.
in New York, NY |
I was referred to Dr. Niver as a result of severe wrist pain that I had been suffering with for several months. I was immediately comfortable with the doctor as he explained options. I opted for surgery and was so comfortable I opted to stay awake. In the operating room, his skill and confidence put me totally at ease. Dr. Niver is obviously a great diagnostician with patience and a good manner with patients. I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Niver. His treatment in my case was life changing.
in Westfield, NJ |
Best. Doctor. Ever.
Summit, NJ |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Niver to anyone for hand or wrist surgery. He knew exactly what to do to correct my specific wrist fracture which lead to a quick and successful recovery. He explained everything he intended to do in a clear, understandable manner and prepared me for what recovery from surgery would be like. Dr. Niver answered all my questions and provided excellent follow up care. I was very confident in his treatment and am grateful to have found Dr. Niver.
in Chatham, NJ |
Dr Nivers is an Excellent doctor!!! Saw him yesterday about an annoying Cyst on my ring finger - the 2 pm appointment was right on time And the cyst was aspirated and on my way home by 2:30. The office is immaculate - everyone there was helpful and friendly and Dr Nivers knew exactly what to do and did it. My sincere thanks to everyone in his office. Dianne Wells
Flemington, NJ |
Dr Niver and his staff were incredible. Have seen other Orthopaedists in same location and HSS has nothing on this team of providers. All are tremendous. Dr Niver was professional, caring and reminds me of the old school Physician. Answered all of my questions and took time to explain plan for my surgery and recovery. Had elbow surgery and now fully recovered and playing baseball again with my boys. I have and will continue to send people to this team of Orthopedists
in Randolph, NJ |
There are not enough superlatives to describe Dr. Niver & staff. Everyone I came into contact with far exceeded my expectations when I was seen for a fx in my wrist on 11-14-2016. Dr. Niver & staff are clearly committed to excellence in patient care. His nurses, x-ray technicians, CT tech, receptionist & security were friendly, efficient, knowledgeable & courteous. Thank you, Dr. Niver, for your professionalism, clear communication and confidence. And thanks to all your wonderful staff.
in South Orange, NJ |
I went to Dr. Niver after an injury and discovered I had a fractured thumb. He was clear and to the point on what I needed to do, got me fitted for a custom splint and recommended a great PT practice. I just saw him for the last time and my healing has been rapid and complete. I would recommend Dr. Niver to anyone with a hand or finger injury.
in Caldwell, NJ |
Dr. Niver is very good. I scheduled and emergency appointment for a severely dislocated finger. He fixed me up and knew exactly what to. Very knowledgeable and experienced. I'm very impressed.
in NJ |
Dr. Niver is AMAZING! I broke my wrist very badly almost 4 months ago & had surgery. He came to the hospital after a full day of work to do my emergency surgery & made sure to reassure me everything went well once I was out of recovery. I've had 5 post-op appts, all of which Dr. Niver's office took me in promptly, they were direct, informative & very professional. Less than 4 months later I am completely healed & I had an easy recovery thanks to Dr. Niver. I couldn't have asked for a better Dr!
Plainfield, NJ |
Dr Niver is experienced, self-assured, thorough, and efficient/always on time. In each encounter, I felt confident by Dr. Niver's clinical expertise and instructions. He believes in expeditious yet safe recovery. I had an excellent outcome after breaking my wrist with Dr. Niver's care and treatment plan.
in Union New Jersey |
He is knowledgeable,kind and caring. He performed a tendon transfer in my thumb using a tendon from my forearm which gave me full use of my dominant hand n thumb. I was totally comfortable n confident in his care. He is a wonderful surgeon!!! I would recommend him to everyone needing a hand specialist . He TOTALLY AWESOME!!!
Dr. Niver has been treating me for an injury to my wrist. He is very knowledgeable and communicates about the medical issues being discussed in a clear, understandable manner. He possesses a relaxed, friendly style that promotes an open and easy exchange of questions and answers between patient and physician. He recently performed a minor procedure on my wrist in the office, demonstrating great gentleness and reassurance. I am confident that I am in very hands with his fine doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
Are you Dr. Niver?