Dr. Genghis Niver, MD

Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery ·  Male

Dr. Niver

Summit Medical Group

140 Park Ave Fl 2 Florham Park, NJ 07932

Dr. Genghis Niver, MD is a hand and upper extremity surgery specialist in Florham Park, NJ and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch in 2006 and specializes in hand and upper extremity surgery, sports medicine, and more.

Dr. Niver accepts

Dr. Niver accepts the following insurance:

EmblemHealth

Dr. Niver treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Dr. Niver treats Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist more than 88% of his peers

Dr. Niver treats this condition more than 88% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Wrist

• Extra-Articular Fracture
  • Finger Injuries
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee Surgery
  • Laceration
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Conduction Disorders
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Tumors
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Upper Extremity Fracture
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Replacement

Dr. Niver's interest in hand surgery started when he learned about the intricacies of the forearm and hand compartments during his first semester anatomy course in medical school. He says, "I enjoy hand surgery because it combines skills for a wide r...

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery

1.2048192771084338%

Dr. Niver?
Dr. Niver's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Genghis Niver, MD
Excellent surgeon. My physical therapist raves about how he can start therapy so much sooner because he can trust niver’s work. Niver explains everything clearly and succinctly. His PA Megan is outstanding as well. My wrist is good as new.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
excellent experience with neded hand surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Niver. I had a ganglion cyst on the end joint of my finger removed. Surgery was done by locally numbing the area. Surgery did not take long and the incision is healing beautifully. No stiffness to the joint.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
Dr Niver and his staff were courteous and professional from my first appointment to post-op. Dr Niver identified the problem I was having with my hands and solved it right away.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
I work in Physical therapy and Dr. Niver was highly recommended by our hand specialist. My experience was excellent. I had surgery on my hand and everyone was on top of everything. From the check in to the nurses, and Dr. Niver's PA Meagan Lynch and of course Dr. Niver.. Everyone was highly professional and caring. Working in the health industry I understand what great care is and I received it from Dr. Niver and the Summit Medical group.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
Dr. Niver was a professional in the truest sense of the word from my first visit all the way through to my post-op follow up. He was extremely thorough in his explanation of my injury and he walked me through the surgical procedure step by step. In short, he made an unpleasant experience in terms of my injury a much more tolerable one. For that, I am extremely appreciative. I am also happy to report that my surgical procedure was a tremendous success and I am back to enjoying activities that were limiting, all because of Dr. Niver's brilliance. I highly recommend him for any procedure related to the hand.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
Dr. Niver was recommended to us by our pediatrician when our 4 year old daughter fractured her finger. We could not be happier with the care our daughter received from him. His insistence on surgery (pins placed) did not seem excessive, but rather, after a thorough explanation to me, I felt sure it was the necessary action. The surgery he did was smooth, he made my daughter feel secure (and us as parents too). His mannerisms with my daughter were so great, to the point where she was super excited to go to her post-op to see Dr. Niver, because her made her feel really special and comfortable. Her fracture completely healed with no complications. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a hand surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
Wonderful! Explained the problem, explained my options and then scheduled & performed the surgery successfully. Dr. Niver and his staff were professional, pleasant and accommodating. I would not hesitate to visit Dr. Niver for any future ailments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
Dr. Niver and his entire team are excellent. He is very skilled and his bedside manner is top notch. Everything was clearly explained to me before my procedure and again after my procedure. I had surgery to relieve carpal tunnel pain less than 2 weeks ago performed by Dr. Niver and I am already experiencing its benefits --should have had this done years ago! I highly recommend Dr. Niver and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
Dr. Niver is a skilled surgeon, which he combines with a respectful, clear, and compassionate bedside manner. He kept me informed at every stage of the process, answered all of my questions about the procedure. I highly recommend his services.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
Immediate relief from burning, tingling and numbness due to carpal tunnel issues. Surgery was smooth and very professional. Also previously treated wife's broken wrist. Excellent, Excellent
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
Great experience. I had a ganglion cyst removed from right wrist.. .I was awake with just a local. Thorough, patient. I'm back to 100%.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
I recently had surgery for an arthritic thumb joint that Dr. Niver performed. I'm 6 weeks post op and I'm extremely happy with the results. The pain is gone! Dr. Niver, his PA and his staff have made the journey (diagnosis, surgery and post op therapy) a very positive experience! Thanks again to all!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
very pleased with the service and outcome. dr niver is decisive and clear with his diagnosis and recommendations. I recovered rapidly and successfully. he and megan answered all my questions clearly and were upbeat and positive. they were on time to all appointments-- never kept me waiting. the staff were all helpful and easy to work with as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
I had a Radial- Ulnar fracture of the wrist, and Dr. Niver and his staff provided excellent care during a trying time for me. The surgery went very smoothly, and my recovery and range of motion has been very good. I was able to start Physical Therapy on January 3, after having surgery on December 19th. I continue to improve, and hope to be fully healed by the first week of April.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
My experience with Dr. Niver was fantastic. A broken ulna in my writing arm made everything nearly impossible to do. After a consultation where he listened to my concerns and goals, my surgery was scheduled and performed quickly to allow me to return to normal activities as soon as possible. I am truly fortunate to have had Dr. Niver as my surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
Dr. Niver diagnosed my trigger finger, thoroughly explained the condition, and my treatment options. He answered every question. I opted for surgery 4 weeks ago and I now have a fully functioning pain free thumb. The 15 minute surgery was done with a local anesthesia. I was so impressed with him and his entire staff that I recommend him to my sister for her hand problem; she is meeting with him next week. I’m confident that she too will have great outcome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
My son had a sports injury in October which resulted in him fracturing his hand. Dr. Niver was highly recommended as one of the best Orthopedic Surgeons who is excellent with any type of hand injury. Within a week Dr. Niver performed surgery on my son's hand but not after clearly explaining why this was the best option for him and answering all our questions. Hands down Dr. Niver is the best in his profession. He is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. I recommend him 1,000%
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
Dr. Niver operated on my wrist a couple of weeks ago for De Quervain's tenosynovitis, (painful wrist condition) because the 2 shots I had were ineffective. The surgery took 20 minutes from start to finish, I went home with a bandage wrapped around my wrist and hand, had it removed 2 weeks later, and I am now mostly pain-free. I rub in vitamin E twice a day to aid in external healing, exercise my wrist, and have begun to resume my usual activities.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Genghis Niver, MD?
HAD CARPAL TUNNEL SURGERY ON MY LEFT HAND ON 1/11/19. HAD CARPAL TUNNEL SURGERY AS WELL AS TRIGGER FINGER (RING) SURGERY ON MY RIGHT HAND ON 1/23/19. DR. NIVER EXPLAINED EVERYTHING. HIS BED SIDE MANNER WAS VERY HELPFUL. I HAD COMPLETE CONFIDENCE IN HIM AND I WAS PROVEN RIGHT. I HAD NO RESTRICTIONS ON EITHER HAND AFTER TWO WEEKS EACH OF RECOVERY. DR. NIVER IS YOUR "GO TO"GUY. I HAVE RECOMMENDED OTHER TO DR. NIVER AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO SHOULD THE OCCASION ARISE.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Niver?