Dr. Gene Howard, MD

Dr. Gene Howard, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Gene Howard, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Mount Pleasant, SC. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 33 years.

1101 Clarity Rd Ste 201

Mount Pleasant, SC 29464

Learn about Dr. Howard

See how frequently Dr. Howard performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Tear Duct Surgery
Dacryocystorhinostomy
Eyelid Spasm

Dr. Howard's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Dacryoadenitis
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Tear Duct Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Johns Hopkins Hospital

Dr. Howard has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Howard does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Howard and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Howard's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Howard to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Howard's Performance
Charleston, SC |
Great experience! I never leave review but Dr. Howard and staff were great.
in Andrews, SC |
Dr. Gene Howard and his staff at Mt. Pleasant, SC provided friendly, professional service. My husband recently had eyelid surgery; and Dr. Howard did an amazing job. After the stitches were removed, the incision on his eyelids is hardly noticeable. The brochure given to us prior to his surgery was helpful and informative. It provided detailed pre-op and post-op instructions that were easy to follow. I highly recommend Dr. Howard.
in North Myrtle Beach, SC |
Dr Howard performed a Ptosis procedure on my eye lids and did a superb job. He and his very capable staff were very professional and very compassionate toward me. I would HIGHLY recommend him as I am completely satisfied.
Charleston, SC |
Dr. Howard and all his staff are awesome. They all listened to my needs, which is hard to find now a days. I normally have a very difficult time with surgeries BUT because they listened, my recovery was fast and painless. I highly recommend Dr. Howard.
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
I had a very good experience with Dr Howard. He was very professional and compassionate to my situation. I would return to him anytime. The wait was a little long in his office, but well worth it! He is 5 stars in my book!
I traveled 100 miles to see Dr. Howard who was recommended as "the best". He was very abrupt, rude and after surgery (both eyelids done) I noticed my lids were uneven. He told me it would work out. Wait a few months and if it didn't, he would redo the surgery. I had second and third opinions from physicians who said it was botched and was uneven. He promised to redo the surgery and when I went to speak to him he refused and told me nothing was wrong. I wouldn't send anyone to him. Stay Local!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I had an upper and lower blepharoplasty provided by Dr. Howard. I was extremely pleased with my experience from beginning to end. At the initial consultation he gave me he his full attention and answered all of my questions. I felt well prepared for the surgery and recovery process. My eyes turned out beautifully. I highly recommend Dr. Howard if you plan to have eyelid surgery in the Charleston area.
Charleston, SC |
Dr. Howard is an excellent cosmetic and reconstructive eyelid surgeon. I, along with a few friends have had our eyelids improved by Dr. Howard and we are all very happy with the results. Dr. Howard is one of those rare doctors who actually listen to you and makes you feel that you are important to him. I am very pleased with the care I have received at each office visit.
Mount Pleasant, SC |
Dr. Howard and his PA Malissa Sandhu walked me through my under eye laser treatment from the moment I stepped into their office through the second follow up visit. No surprises. They are caring and professional. The staff at their surgery center and the office were terrific. He got rid of my under eye bags without cutting . I've been told I look 10- 15 years younger! What I like best was obtaining my goal of not having to wear under eye concealer. Thank you Dr. Howard & Malissa !!!
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
Dr. Howard was very reassuring before the procedure. Everyone in his office is extremely knowledgeable and kind.
in Mt Pleasant, SC |
Office wait times are way too long. Expect well over an hour wait for scheduled appointment.
Mount Pleasant, SC |
Dr Howard performed an upper and lower blepharoplasty on me 6 weeks ago. I am very happy with the procedure. My results, including the recovery process, went exactly as explained to me. Not only do I look much better aesthetically, but my vision is also improved. Before the procedure I wore contacts daily. I'm not wearing them at all anymore. I'm not sure how this happened but I'm thrilled!
in Conway, SC |
I had both eye lids done. It was so bad that my vision was badly impaired. Dr. Howard did my surgery. I was one of a hand full of patients who had NO bruising at all. My vision is wonderful now. There was NO pain at all He has a wonderful staff. Every thing went very smoothly. I am just thrilled that I can see so much now. Had no idea I was missing so much. My eyes are now open & I'm a very happy person.
in Johns Island, SC |
We considered several surgeons before choosing Dr. Howard for my husband's blepharoplasty (eyelid reduction and lift). We chose him because, in addition to being highly recommended, he is a skilled ophthalmic and plastic surgeon with a very reassuring manner. Dr. Howard made sure we understood the treatment, recovery and results, all of which are even better than we expected. What a delight to see my husband's eyes again ... and to be cared for by Dr. Howard.
Waynesville, NC |
Physician was discourteous upon meeting me; abruptly walking in and out of room while assistant was taking photos to laugh with colleagues in hallway. Physician spoke in a demeaning tone and was patronizing. I drove 4 hours to see him after visiting his business website and made a mistake. I felt dismissed and that I was not speaking with a healthcare professional (which is what I am myself). I felt that he was there to collect consult fees and sell cosmetic products.
in Murrells Inlet, SC |
Needed to have eyelids lifted to see better. Appoint made, saw Dr, Howard prior to surgery where he explained the procedure, date set for sutgery, & what I should do to prepare was explained. Day of surgery went smooth, met all staff which were going to be there, and then the lights went out! Woke up 45 minutes later with ice pack on eyes, had post op exam and was released with care instructions. Very little swelling, no eye pain at all. Stiches removed, eyes perfect!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Howard. He and his staff took time with me and answered all my questions. I am thrilled with my results!
Have you seen Dr. Gene Howard, MD?
Are you Dr. Howard?