Dr. Gene Barclay, DPM

Practices Podiatry

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 112 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Barclay's a true gentleman and very knowledgeable about his work; he is very straight and honest. I highly recommended him as a professional doctor.
Author:
I have dealt with foot issues for the last 3 or 4 years , finding Dr. Barclay gave me my life back . He is an amazing Doctor. He was concerned with the issues I was having and worked so hard in correcting them for me . Whenever I had any concerns he as well as his office staff were there to answer questions . I highly recommend Dr. Barclay , I will never see any other podiatrist. ( I had seen 5 in a span of 3 years ) it is my opinion HE IS THE BEST !
Author:
Dr. Barclay's office does not overbook therefore you get to see him at your appointment time. He is very considerate and professional. He took care of my foot problems and I was very satisfied with his service. His secretary Debbie is very personable and helps keep his office running smoothly.
Author:
Excellent Podiatrist. Went in for 2 visits, then had a recommendation for inserts and new balance shoes. Which worked out great. Comes across as friendly and easy to understand.
Author:
My Primary Care Physician recommended Dr. Barclay due to his patients feedback as to the care that Dr. Barclay had provided. On my initial visit Dr. Barclay discussed with me what was going on with my foot, treatment options and what to expect in the near future. The time spent with me was very helpful.
Author:
This was my first visit seeing Dr Barclay. I liked him so much and have confidence in him that I referred my husband to him. He likes Dr Barclay, also. Answered all my questions and spent enough time with me. Felt very comfortable and his treatment worked. Would recommend him to others.
Author:
Dr. Barclay and I have worked together the past three years to help heal patients! His patients love the attentiveness and time he takes to discuss their care on an individual basis. I am always impressed by what his patients say about him and the staff!
Author:
Took time with appointment, answered all questions with pleasant attitude with understandable explanations.
Author:
Dr. Barclay went out of his way to make me feel comfortable and explain my foot condition. He listened to my concerns and spent quite a while discussing my treatment options. I would definitely recommend Dr. Barclay's services to family and friends.
Author:
Very knowledgeable in his field. Talks to you not at you. Listens to the patients concerns & works with the patient, being informed & understanding what course of action needs to be taken.
Author:
I would recommend Dr. Barclay because he seemed sincerely interested in my problem and concerned with finding a solution. He was patient with my concerns and gave me good directions. In a few weeks my problem was much better. Also, his Assistance was very pleasant to my wife and me.
Author:
I have worked with Dr. Barclay for a number of years. Dr. Barclay is well liked by his patients, is a competent surgeon and above all cares. Dr. Barclay is looking to help out his patients and get them the correct conservative care.
Author:
My experience with Dr. Barclay has always been professional and pleasant with every appointment. He is very knowledgeable and through with his patient to explain their treatment options. Overall, I am very pleased with the patient care.
Author:
My 13 year old son has severe painful overpronation. Dr. Barclay spent about 15 seconds looking at his feet while he was sitting and said that since he was still growing, the only thing he would do is sell us off-the-shelf orthotics. I asked him if he would like to see him stand or walk, but Dr. Barclay just shrugged, said it wouldn't matter. When I later had my son evaluated by a PT, the PT was appalled - he needed over the ankle bracing. NOT a good doc for kids with structural problems.
Author:
When I went for this appt, I was told they would ask for full payment. I explained I was on medicare and had a supplement that covered the rest except for the $166.00 deductible by medicare, of which I only had 12.58 left to pay. Debbie confronted me with a bal of $173.08, of which was for $80.00 for some medication and shoe inserts. Well - I again tried to explain that I had paid two other Doctors and the bal should be $80.00 + the 12.58. I have been trying to get my refund since Feb 18....
Author:
Dr. Barclay is very informative with a warm and welcoming personality. He was able to explain the issues I was facing in a manner that I could understand the exact issues I faced.
Author:
Dr. Barclay is very professional and trustworthy, honest and straightforward, but sensitive and caring at the same time. Attentive to people on a personal as well as professional level, I would recommend Dr. Barclay to my family and friends without hesitation. Debbie, his office manager, is also a sweetheart who is very kind and attentive to patients' needs, 5 stars all the way!!
Author:
Was referred to Dr. Barclay for my son by a nurse friend of mine. Would definitely go to him again, if the need arises, and would refer friends/family as well.
Author:
He suggested a cheilectomy for Halix Ridigus. He said, 3 weeks to a regular shoe & 6 weeks to normal activities. 5 months later and I still have SIGNIFICANT loss of range of motion in my big toe. EVERY STEP hurts. I am 1000x worse after the procedure. I can no longer run, wear dress shoes for work, etc. Anything that involves bending my toe HURTS. The orthopedic surgeon said this surgery does NOT prevent arthritis. DO NOT do it! It is painful and will damage your foot! RUN AWAY!
Author:
Dr. Barclay and Debbie were very professional and kind. I was referred by my attending physician to see a professional in podiatry and I chose Dr. Barclay.
Author:
After breaking my toe and visiting the emergency room they recommended a follow-up with Dr. Barclay. His office staff is polite and efficient. Dr. Barclay was prompt for the appointment and spent time answering my questions. My toe is on the mend!
Author:
I would recommend my family and friends to Dr Barclay because of the excellent experience I have had as a patient. I am a diabetic and woke up one morning with a red, throbbing painful toe ( first problem I have ever had with my feet) I started calling podiatrist in my area and Debbie with Dr Barclay's office got me in right away. I was seen, educated and treated quickly by Dr Barclay who is professional, friendly and had me feeling better right away! Debbie is awesome too, So glad I found them.
Author:
My experience was excellent! Dr. Barclay is very knowledgeable and friendly, and Debbie is just the best!