Dr. Gena Romanow, MD

Neurology | Female

Contemporary Neurology 5500 Knoll North Dr Ste 240 Columbia, MD 21045 Get Directions
Dr. Gena Romanow, MD
Dr. Gena Romanow, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Columbia, MD. She is 41 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Romanow is affiliated with Howard County General Hospital.

Dr. Romanow's Care Philosophy

I believe in shared decision making between the patient and the physician. It is my role to listen carefully and examine someone in order to help determine a diagnosis. This includes listening to the patient's ideas. Patients have commented to me that "no one has ever explained this to me," because I take time to be sure that patients understand the process affecting him or her. This is the beginning, as we then must work together to be sure to come up with an appropriate treatment plan that does not treat a symptom or disease in isolation, but rather treats the whole person. We work together to follow it through, with medication when appropriate, looking at life style changes that can help, and ancillary medical services if helpful. I do remember my role as the physician. I am timely in communications, clear in my recommendations, and supportive in times of need.

Dr. Romanow's Experience

See how Dr. Romanow's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Romanow

Dr. Romanow accepts 18 insurance carriers

Dr. Romanow is now accepting new patients
Contemporary Neurology5500 Knoll North Dr Ste 240
Columbia, MD 21045
Evening
(410) 772-8020Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Romanow has admitting privileges.

Dr. Romanow's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Romanow to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Romanow's Performance
in Silver Spring, MD |
I have never had a doctor who treating me with such indifference. The term "cold fish" describes my impression of her. This picture of her is so deceiving. Her initial greeting, if you can call it that, was her introduction of herself. Not once did she illicit any type of welcome to me as her patient. I never saw her teeth. She asked questions regarding my situation, gave me a quick walkabout, and then gave her opinion regarding my opinion. I will never go back to her or recommend anyone!
Catonsville, MD |
Please see the full review on Google reviews. Don't waste your time. Find someone who cares about you, who you trust, who listens, and who is compassionate. This doctor has poor bedside manner, a lack of empathy, and an over know it all attitude. Also, she got me addicted to the medication she prescribed me and I had to be hospitalized for 4 days for a way to ween me off the migraine meds. Oh, I also explained to her I didn't want to ever be dependent on meds. Thanks for listening, doc!
Knowledgeable and a great listener who also asks a lot of questions. I love the unpretentious feel that so many other practices lack. With Dr. Romanow you get a pleasant, approachable person who is also a medical professional expert! Discussing matters with her is person to person- critical to accurately diagnosing and providing successful treatments. She expertly explains the guidance she provides, addresses all your questions throughly and patiently.
in MD |
She is an awesome doctor. She takes her time and discusses your problem and seems very knowledgeable. The office is very friendly and helpful. Definitely would recommend
in Columbia, MD |
Let me tell you Dr. Romanow is AMAZING!!! When I was searching for a neurologist I compared many, and for some reason I was just drawn to her practice. I'm so glad that I trusted my instincts. First of all I was scared having to even see a neurologist, my issue is somewhat complicated or at least its difficult to explain so I had major anxiety that I wouldn't be taken seriously. Dr. Romanow listens, and will give you an honest opinion. Its been a very long time since I felt this comfortable.
Silver Spring, MD |
Based on reviews I tried setting up an appointment, unable, staff not nice.
in Baltimore, MD |
I am a disabled person living with a complex, and debilitating condition; and in the past I have had doctors give up on me. Dr. Romanow in contrast does not give up on her patients. She intrinsically cares about our wellbeing and uses a combination of traditional as well as innovative treatment plans to improve our health. I am most impressed that she listens to you and makes an effort to know her patients, I believe that this is contributory to her effectiveness.
in Woodbine, MD |
As tremendously skilled we are convinced Dr. Romanow is as a neurologist, she is equally caring. Our disabled daughter’s health challenges have made it necessary for us to rely on many doctors and other health care professionals. Among those are some individuals who demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and genuine concern, a category in which we unconditionally place Dr. Romano.
in Laurel, MD |
Dr. Romanow was referred to me by another neurologist and it was a wonderful thing. She is very friendly and professional all in one. In the short time I have been her patient I can already say I trust her as my doctor!
Have you seen Dr. Gena Romanow, MD?
Are you Dr. Romanow?

Compare Dr. Romanow

Dr. Romanow's Care Philosophy

I believe in shared decision making between the patient and the physician.  It is my role to listen carefully and examine someone in order to help determine a diagnosis.  This includes listening to the patient's ideas.   Patients have commented to me that "no one has ever explained this to me," because I take time to be sure that patients understand the process affecting him or her.

This is the beginning, as we then must work together to be sure to come up with an appropriate treatment plan that does not treat a symptom or disease in isolation, but rather treats the whole person.  We work together to follow it through, with medication when appropriate, looking at life style changes that can help, and ancillary medical services if helpful.

I do remember my role as the physician.  I am timely in communications, clear in my recommendations, and supportive in times of need.

Dr. Romanow's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Neurology
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Dr. Romanow has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Romanow's Board Certifications

• Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Spina Bifida
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Torticollis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

University of Maryland Medical Center

Completed in 2007

Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania

Graduated in 1997

Dr. Romanow does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Romanow and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology