Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD

Addiction Psychiatry | Male

Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD

Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD is an addiction psychiatry doctor who practices in Alexandria, VA. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Zebro is affiliated with Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center, Medstar Georgetown University Hospital and Inova Fair Oaks Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Zebro's Care Philosophy

We see our patients as a whole person and our treatment is integrated care to address the whole person not individual problem or symptoms.

Dr. Zebro's Experience

See how Dr. Zebro's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Zebro

Dr. Zebro accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Zebro is now accepting new patients
Metro Behavioral Health Services6177 Grovedale Ct # 100A
Alexandria, VA 22310
Saturday
(703) 924-2370Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Zebro has admitting privileges.

Dr. Zebro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zebro to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Zebro's Performance
Alexandria, VA |
You are a quack
in Springfield, VA |
BEWARE: If you are simply looking for a doctor to refill medications, then he is the guy. BUT if you're looking for a doctor to talk to and help you with your troubles (i.e. what a psychiatrist is trained/supposed to do), you're better off talking to the back of your hand. There are doctors out there who truly care, listen and help you with the problems you face, he is not one.
Stafford, VA |
Worst experience I have ever had. I left in tears and he showed little to no compassion. I was diagnosed by a therapist after a year of therapy, and to receive meds in conjunction with my therapy, he told me no, he reccomeded I do neurophysiology test "aka more money for him" he told me to leave his office. I demanded my money back and he refused. I paid money for him to simply tell me I need to be re diginaosed. Somehow my therapists referral wasn't enough? Worst ever!! DO NOT GO!!!!
Alexandria, VA |
Reporting for my daughter who is the patient: In-and-out in 10 minutes. Office staff has no idea how to bill insurance nor do statements include required information for me to do so myself. Receptionist looks blank when asked for this information. Total visit time seems to average about 5 minutes - not nearly enough time to explore whether the medications are really appropriate. Admittedly, nice not to have long waiting room times.
in Alexandria, VA |
He has no compassion and sympathy for his patients. The receptionists are money hungry and the way they treat her patients is very unprofessional and mean. They don't care how you feel at all. Dont believe me? Go there and waste your money and see it for yourself.
in Washington, DC |
My experience with Dr. Zebro was the worst one I have ever had with a physician. I sought his help as I was feeling I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and he did not help me in any way. I suffer from anxiety and I received no treatment in the form of therapy or medication. His bed side manner was non-existent as he expressed zero interest, had no compassion, and did not exhibit any concern. I left his office in tears and he ignored my emotions. As a doctor, he was negligent.
in Washington, DC |
I had excellent reviews for Dr. Zebro. There was never an issue with scheduling until today. I was unaware that 4 cancellations in a row meant I could no longer see Dr. Zebro, though the nurse tech told me I initialed on paperwork I filled out when I first became a patient. A psychiatric patient needs help & I doubt anyone scrutinizes every single word & policy. However, the doctor used that as an excuse to discontinue treatment. Exceptions should be made, especially for a death in the family.
in Alexandria, VA |
I came to him with treatment-resistant depression, really wanting to try TMS therapy. He promised that we'd do it as soon as I changed my insurance because my provider didn't cover the service & it's costly. So I changed my insurance during open season & then he said we wouldn't be able to do it because he believed I had bipolar disorder & it wasn't covered for TMS (or unless I paid). He gave me false hope & I was highly disappointed! I was able to get it done elsewhere with the same history.
in Arlington, VA |
Dr. Zebro is a great psychiatrist! He is not here to overmedicate or give a magic pill! He's there to help you get back to your normal self. He is very informative for other forms of therapy as well.
Have you seen Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD?
Are you Dr. Zebro?

Compare Dr. Zebro

Dr. Zebro's Care Philosophy

Dr. Zebro's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Addiction Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Psychiatry

Dr. Zebro has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Zebro's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anemia
  • Asthma
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

• Other Education
    George Washington University / School Of Medicine and Health Sciences

Completed in 2011

• Amharic

Dr. Zebro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zebro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Addiction Psychiatry
  • Addiction Medicine

• Disability Evaluation
  • Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Employment Physical Examination
  • Immigration Physical Examination
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • School Physicals
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)