Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD

Addiction Psychiatry •  Male • Age 55

Dr. Zebro

Metro Behavioral Health Services ,LLC

6177 Grovedale Ct Alexandria, VA 22310

Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD is an addiction psychiatry specialist in Alexandria, VA and has been practicing for 13 years. He specializes in addiction psychiatry, internal medicine, and more.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Addiction Psychiatrists in your area

• Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Easy Scheduling
    Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews

Dr. Zebro accepts

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Zebro treats your condition or procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD...

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer evening visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Dr. Zebro's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Zebro

3.4

53.48837209302326%
8.13953488372093%

Dr. Zebro?
Dr. Zebro's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD
Forced to close his practice! Dr. Zebro took Medicare & was good enough for my purposes (or so I thought). I have medication-resistant major depression & anxiety disorders and had just one medicine I needed him to prescribe for me. I did not find him to care much about my ideas & thoughts or to be a caring doctor. One day in June of 2018, there was suddenly a message on the office line saying simply that the office was permanently closed and requests for patient records could be sent in writing
Patient if Dr. Z. – Jul 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD?
Dr. Zebro was very patient and knowledgeable on many medications. He was a very good man and good doctor. His office staff was professional and tidy. I would highly suggest seeing him as a doctor.
Aug 10, 2017
You are a quack
Alexandria, VA – Apr 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD?
BEWARE: If you are simply looking for a doctor to refill medications, then he is the guy. BUT if you're looking for a doctor to talk to and help you with your troubles (i.e. what a psychiatrist is trained/supposed to do), you're better off talking to the back of your hand. There are doctors out there who truly care, listen and help you with the problems you face, he is not one.
Mike in Springfield, VA – Apr 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD?
Worst experience I have ever had. I left in tears and he showed little to no compassion. I was diagnosed by a therapist after a year of therapy, and to receive meds in conjunction with my therapy, he told me no, he reccomeded I do neurophysiology test "aka more money for him" he told me to leave his office. I demanded my money back and he refused. I paid money for him to simply tell me I need to be re diginaosed. Somehow my therapists referral wasn't enough? Worst ever!! DO NOT GO!!!!
Stafford, VA – Mar 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD?
Reporting for my daughter who is the patient: In-and-out in 10 minutes. Office staff has no idea how to bill insurance nor do statements include required information for me to do so myself. Receptionist looks blank when asked for this information. Total visit time seems to average about 5 minutes - not nearly enough time to explore whether the medications are really appropriate. Admittedly, nice not to have long waiting room times.
Alexandria, VA – Mar 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD?
He has no compassion and sympathy for his patients. The receptionists are money hungry and the way they treat her patients is very unprofessional and mean. They don't care how you feel at all. Dont believe me? Go there and waste your money and see it for yourself.
Jenny in Alexandria, VA – Oct 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD?
My experience with Dr. Zebro was the worst one I have ever had with a physician. I sought his help as I was feeling I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and he did not help me in any way. I suffer from anxiety and I received no treatment in the form of therapy or medication. His bed side manner was non-existent as he expressed zero interest, had no compassion, and did not exhibit any concern. I left his office in tears and he ignored my emotions. As a doctor, he was negligent.
Emily in Washington, DC – Aug 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD?
I had excellent reviews for Dr. Zebro. There was never an issue with scheduling until today. I was unaware that 4 cancellations in a row meant I could no longer see Dr. Zebro, though the nurse tech told me I initialed on paperwork I filled out when I first became a patient. A psychiatric patient needs help & I doubt anyone scrutinizes every single word & policy. However, the doctor used that as an excuse to discontinue treatment. Exceptions should be made, especially for a death in the family.
Denise F in Washington, DC – Apr 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD?
I came to him with treatment-resistant depression, really wanting to try TMS therapy. He promised that we'd do it as soon as I changed my insurance because my provider didn't cover the service & it's costly. So I changed my insurance during open season & then he said we wouldn't be able to do it because he believed I had bipolar disorder & it wasn't covered for TMS (or unless I paid). He gave me false hope & I was highly disappointed! I was able to get it done elsewhere with the same history.
Disappointed in Alexandria, VA – Mar 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD?
Dr. Zebro is a great psychiatrist! He is not here to overmedicate or give a magic pill! He's there to help you get back to your normal self. He is very informative for other forms of therapy as well.
Jenny in Arlington, VA – Feb 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gebrehana Zebro, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Zebro?

We see our patients as a whole person and our treatment is integrated care to address the whole person not individual problem or symptoms.

• Addiction Psychiatry