Dr. Gaylyn Horne - Ballard, MD

Pain Medicine | Female

Ballard Pain & Wellness, Inc. 7067 Veterans Pkwy Ste 210 Pell City, AL 35125 Get Directions
Dr. Gaylyn Horne - Ballard, MD
NEW LOCATION in PELL CITY: 7067 Veterans Parkway Suite 210 @ St. Vincent's St. Clair I am now accepting new patients with & without referrals. Along with injections, I am available for clinical care (Chronic Pain and Medication Management). I am now available to see patients WHEN THEY NEED ME, rather being placed on a waiting list or waiting for a referral.

Dr. Horne - Ballard's Experience

See how Dr. Horne - Ballard's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Horne - Ballard

Dr. Horne - Ballard accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Horne - Ballard is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Horne - Ballard has admitting privileges.

Dr. Horne - Ballard's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Horne - Ballard to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Horne - Ballard's Performance
in Pell City, AL |
1st visit 06/22/2017.She is the best,and so understanding,I fractured my C-1 in my neck March 31st 2017,also I have a L3 L4 L5 in my lower back,and C4 C5 C6 in my shoulder and neck,I have been dealing with major pain since 2011 Dr.Ballard looked at all my MRI's and talked with me for almost 30 minutes,she is one of the FEW Dr.s that takes out the time to listen,start forward, and very understanding,So thankful and blessed to finally find a Doctor that listens and understands!!Thank you so much!!
in Trussville, AL |
Dr. Limbaugh and Dr. Horne are both great!
in Trussville, AL |
Very caring staff and front desk support.
in Anniston, AL |
Will start with: staff is very polite! Chose Ballard b/c I had worked w/her, knew what a great Dr she was. First appt w/her was great, then only got to see the PA. They lost notes 2 mos where I requested refills. I have been in mgmt 12+yrs and have followed every rule. After my urine test this month I received letter she won't see me. Can only assume it's b/c of meds prescribed for recent surgery which I informed them of. Will never know b/c no notes in chart and "aren't req to give reason".
Best mgt Dr. around!!!
Pell City, AL |
I have been a patient of her's for years now. I just don't know how I would manage my chronic pain without her. She has truly been a life saver and blessing to me.
Pell City, AL |
Dr. Ballard is always so patient and understanding.
in Oxford, AL |
My name is Raymond Patterson I've had 23 surgery's from 14 knee surgeries , 2 neck , both twrist, shoulder and more . I've been with Dr Ballard since she has come to Pell City area and she is the best . She can do a absolutely painless epidural. She takes care of your pain, and is very professional in every single way ! Not only have I been seeing her for 2 plus years recommend her to anyone with chronic pain . Nice wonderful staff and look forward to remaining with her .
in Eastaboga, AL |
I have been in pain for years and Dr. Horne is the only one that has worked with me and listens to me. I have cards I give out to people that are in pain and cannot get relief. Thank you Dr. Horne for being here for me!!!!
in Gadsden, AL |
She is only in it for the big money of giving worthless injections. After I had four treatments and had a 409$ bill after medicare paid her. I decided that they did not help and were to expensive. She changed toward me and hardly ever spoke to me. She lied to my face and told me my urine sample was not up to a normal temperature. I immediately provided another sample and was lief to again. She just wanted to get rid of me but she wanted to charge an office visit and urine samples to Medicare.
in Trussville, AL |
Walking in the office was a breath of fresh air! From the moment you walk in the building you know the experience is exceptional: professional, respectful, & pt centered. As a Myasthenia Gravis pt it's comforting the office is at the hospital POB. Breathing issues are scary but Dr. Ballard is DUAL board certified in anesthesia & pain. Talk about faith & trust in your doc! Plus her nursing & office staff are personable, kind, & helpful. A huge plus! If you have legit pain she's awesome!
in Marysville, OH |
Dr. Horne - Ballard is the best in the business. I travel all the way from Ohio to see her. I would not consider going to any other Doctor.
in Piedmont, AL |
I was highly pleased with Dr. Ballard for the first couple of months. She was very caring and attentive to my needs. My last visit with her, she was very short, bordering on rude. AfteAfter that, I only saw the nurse, who had my refill prescription already filled out. After, a few months of this, I started seeing the NP. I didn't see Dr Ballard again for 1 1/2 years. I was dropped for having day surgery and testing positive for the surgery meds. They had access to my hospital records but didn't
Stone Mountain, GA |
I was very displeased with her treatment of me and her concern for my well being .If you value your health I would not go to her .In my opinion she is only concerned with the money you pay her .
in Calera, AL |
Hands down she's the best doc I've ever experienced. (I've had my share during 14 years of chronic health issues!) She's worth the drive. May 1st she leaves Healthspring, but I'll gladly pay out of pocket. She's compassionate, knowledgeable, skilled & she LISTENS. She's the first doc to actually help my pain! Regarding the previous negative reviewer: continue to request to see Dr. Ballard over the NP. Perhaps she had a bad day when you saw her. Everybody does. You won't find better elsewhere!
Pell City, AL |
In the beginning Dr.Ballard was super. She really appeared to care and want to help. She was attentive to my needs. After a few months she changed. Now I never see her, and when I ask I am told that I will be seeing the NP. The one time I have her lately she was short, and seemed like I was bothering her. There was no longer a desire to help me. I told her that the treatment I am receiving for my issue isn't working anymore and I was basically that I just had to deal with it. no concern. no help
in Birmingham, AL |
Awesome doctor, very knowledgeable and very good at diagnosing and explaining why I had back pain when no other doctor could. She not only reviewed my medical records, but spent time to make sure I understood my conditions. This is an excellent pain doctor
in Pell City, AL |
The Doctor is very down to earth and approachable, and the wait time was nothing compared to that of other pain management clinics. The staff was also very friendly, as soon as i walked through the door they greeted me with friendly smiles. My pain has since decreased due to a plan that Dr, Ballard initiated. I highly recommend this clinic to anyone!
Pell City, AL |
Very few doctors are accepting Health Springs due to the amount of paperwork they require versus the other Insurance companies. They also reimburse doctors at a much lower rate than do the other Insurance companies. True, Health Springs is cheaper than the rest, but what good is it if no doctors will accept it? The old saying YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR certainly applies when it comes to your health insurance.
Dr Ballard is such a wonderful doctor who treats you more like her family than a patient. Answers any questions you may have about your diagnosis and her staff is willing to go the extra mile to make you feel at home while in her office. I would follow her anyway she goes
Pell City, Alabama 25128 |
Only saw Dr for about 2 minutes and not at all before or after the procedure. No follow from their office at all. I called to ask what to do next since the pain remained. I was scheduled an appointment several weeks after the procedure but was told I would see the nurse only. Today I received a letter that they no longer accept CignaHealthspring insurance!
Fultondale, AL |
Amazing doctor. Met her today at St Vincent's Blount locations in Oneonta and this is first time a doctor has actually listened to me and understood me
in Pinson , Alabama |
The most professional DR I have ever met. Cares deeply about her patients and listens to every word they have to say. Let me put it to you like this if Dr. Horne - Ballard moved to another state I would follow her. I believe her work is superior I would recommend her to anybody and everybody and I give her five stars with a superior rating
in Alabama |
She is the best doctor anyone could imagine,very helpful listens and understands.on a scale of 1-10 she's a 10
in Jacksonville, AL |
I have used Dr Horne for the past 9 years. Dr Horne is an amazing physician who genuinely cares about her patients concerns and problems. I have tried other pain specialists, and DR Hornes procedures work much better and last much longer. I would highly recommend DR Horne.
in Delta Al |
Dr. Ballard is awesome. Her epidural do not hurt and seem to last lo get than others I have had.
Have you seen Dr. Gaylyn Horne - Ballard, MD?
Are you Dr. Horne - Ballard?

Compare Dr. Horne - Ballard

Dr. Horne - Ballard says...

NEW LOCATION in PELL CITY:  7067 Veterans Parkway Suite 210 @ St. Vincent's St. Clair

I am now accepting new patients with & without referrals.   Along with injections, I am available for clinical care (Chronic Pain and Medication Management).    I am now available to see patients WHEN THEY NEED ME, rather being placed on a waiting list or waiting for a referral.

Dr. Horne - Ballard's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Horne - Ballard has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Horne - Ballard's Board Certifications

Completed in 2002

Pain Fellowship

Completed in 2003

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Horne - Ballard does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Horne - Ballard and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine