Dr. Gayle McCloskey, MD

Dr. Gayle McCloskey, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Gayle McCloskey, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Crest Hill, IL. She is 53 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Read her story

Premier Dermatology - Crest Hill

2051 Plainfield Rd

Crest Hill, IL 60403

• HAP Insurance
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. McCloskey

See how frequently Dr. McCloskey performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Rosacea
Excision of Benign Skin Lesion
Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)

Dr. McCloskey's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. McCloskey's bio

This content was provided by Dr. McCloskey "Dr. McCloskey is a Board-Certified Dermatologist. She had acne when she was younger, which lends her a unique perspective on her patients' skin conditions. Having been a patient herself, she truly puts her heart and soul into the treatment she provides. She also takes great pride in the fact that she completed her dermatology residency at the world-renowned Mayo Clinic. Her advice to anyone who might be nervous about a procedure is that she will do her best to make them as comfortable as possible while answering any and all questions honestly and directly."

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acanthosis Nigricans
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Genital Herpes
  • Genital Warts
  • Granuloma of Skin
  • Hair Loss
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Destruction of Penile Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Loyola University Of Chicago/Stritch School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Loyola University Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Mayo Graduate School Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. McCloskey has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member

Dr. McCloskey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McCloskey to family and friends
Dr. McCloskey's Performance
in Sugar Grove, IL |
I have been seeing Dr. McCloskey for several years in the Yorkville office. She is always friendly, professional and knowledgeable. She explains things thoroughly and in terms a non-medical person can understand. I never feel rushed and always feel any and all concerns I had were addressed.
in MORRIS, IL |
I saw Dr McCloskey yesterday, and as usual , I was very satisfied with seeing her. She is very thorough with my exams. It was good to see her again.
in Coal City, IL. |
Short wait period on scheduled appointments. Doctor is always pleasant and through. I have been Dr. McCloskey's since September, 2010.
Verona, IL |
I was recently in for my yearly checkup. Appointments were running on time. Dr. McCloskey was very friendly and thorough as usual.
in Seneca, Illinois |
Short wait to see doctor. Nurse was so pleasant and ask me health questions. Doctor McCloskey is very thorough and follows through with blood work and etc. I like her as a Doctor and wouldn’t go any where else.
in Channahon,il |
I schedule appointments with Dr. McCluskey primarily for check ups and sun damage repair. I have had several procedures in the past, all successful. Dr. McCluskey is friendly, helpful, and thorough. I feel she is conservative in her approach to patient needs, advising only what is necessary for the patient.
Plainfield, IL |
Dr. McCloskey has been my doctor for many years. As a matter of fact she sees my whole family.. She is very kind and caring.
in Morris Il |
I got in on schedule and am always treated well. Staff shows concern about well being. Dr personalizes visits by remembering conversations from last visit
Morris, IL |
Since my dad passed away from skin cancer that eventually got to his brain I have been vigilant about getting checked yearly! Dr Gayle is very reassuring at anything she finds and treats it promptly, she cares about all my hopes and fears. The entire staff cares,
in Morris, IL |
I found Dr. McCloskey both very professional and knowledgeable. Went in for an annual skin cancer checkup (negative) and red patches on my face. I initially thought it was a medication reaction, but she diagnosed it as minor dermatitis, treatable with medicated cream and moisturizing lotion. Bravo for recognizing it, most likely based on a lifetime of experience -- which only adds to the trust I have for her ability to keep me healthy. Thank you.
Ottawa, IL |
I have been seeing Dr. McCloskey for a few years and am very happy with our visits. She is very thorough.
Oswego, IL |
For a professional, business like approach, Dr McCloskey is excellent.
in Shorewood |
Prompt, professional and willing to answer all questions about conditions being treated.
Ottawa |
Iwill continue to return to Dr. McCloskey for my yearly skin checks. She explains her process, listens to my concerns, and always asks if I have any questions. I never feel rushed by her and I have complete confidence in her knowledge and skill.
Oswego, IL |
Have been having annual skin checks for several years now with Dr.. McCloskey and always have come away with complete confidence in her ability. Her expertise and explanations to any questions asked are very understandable. Great doctor !
Marseilles, IL |
Dr. McCloskey always answers any questions I have and really listens.
in Wilmington, il |
Ive been seeing Dr McCloskey for 20+ years. Ive always been very happy with her care!
I chose Dr. McCloskey because of her video on Premier's website. She was a nurse, then a doctor, and has a special connection to patients. She did not disappoint and is right there with you -- listens, suggests, informs, and makes you feel like you're her favorite patient. I've never been satisfied with other dermatologists, but THIS doctor never seemed rushed or distracted. We talked a lot and discussed prescriptions and their effects. I've already marked my calendar for my 6 mo. checkup.
Elburn, IL |
Dr. McCloskey thoroughly explained what I should look for on my skin. My experience was very positive.
in Joliet, IL |
Love her! Very thorough and makes me feel beautiful and assured me that all my skin aging is natural and she does not push products or procedures to spend more money in order to be beautiful.
in Carbon Hill, IL |
Glad to see progress and really appreciate the level of care
in Romeoville, IL |
My visit was very positive. I thought Dr. McCloskey was friendly, knowledgeable, and answered all my questions. I highly recommend her.
in Shorewood, IL |
I have seen Dr. McKluskie for years! When we moved out of state I made my appointments around my return visits, just so that I could see her for my yearly check up. She's kind, caring and very professional. I highly recommend her.
Plainfield, IL |
Dr McCloskey always takes her time with you and makes sure all your concerns are addressed. She makes you feel like family.
Sheridan, IL |
Dr. McCloskey takes time to listen to my dermatology concerns. She is very professional and sensitive in helping me feel at ease when discussing my concerns. I like she has early appt. times.
in Joliet, IL |
I love Dr. McKloskey.. She is so kind and caring. I've come in several times with concerns and she puts me at ease just walking in with her smile. I recommend her to all my family.
Orland Park, IL |
Dr. McCloskey has a great manner with her patients. She always takes her time and answers any questions I have. I moved from the area but travel to see her because I trust her.
Plainfield, IL |
She listens to your concerns and gives options for treatment. Always very friendly.
in Morris, IL |
I had a pleasant visit with Dr. McCloskey on a skin condition. She is a very upbeat and knowledgeable doctor and treats her patients with care. I would definitely recommend her.
OTTAWA IL |
Dr. McCloskey has my highest recommendation for services associated with dermatology. She is very pleasant, approachable, shows genuine concern and provides the time to her patients for explanations in terms understandable to non-physicians. Thank you for the kindness, and timely service.
in Elwood, IL |
Dr. McCloskey is absolutely a wonderful intelligent doctor, very professional and compassionate, thank you Kathy Romo
in Channahon, IL |
My appointments with Dr. McCloskey are always a positive experience. I never have to wait long , the reception staff are friendly and welcoming and I can count on getting all my questions answered by Dr. McCloskey. She makes me feel at ease and reassured. I recommend her to acquaintances whenever they are in need of dermatologist. My daughter and I have been a patients of hers for over 10 years and will continue to be. Gratefully , Carolyn Cochrane
Joliet, IL |
I have been seen Dr McCloskey for some time, and I would not trust anyone else. She is friendly, and if you have any worries about something, she is calming and explains everything. She is the doctor to see
Thank you for the 5 star rating and taking the time to post a review.
in Joliet,IL |
We just love Dr. McCloskey, I recommend her to everyone I know....She is very sweet, smart, amazing & kind... wouldn't see anyone else!!
Sugar Grove, IL |
I had a small mole on my back that my p.c. physician wanted a dermatologist to look at. Dr. McCloskey said it wasn't cancerous at this time but would remove it if i wanted. I chose to get it removed. I never felt anything getting it removed, just a couple minutes and it was done. Great experience.
Yorkville IL |
She is very knowledgeable and gives multiple options. Practical..
in Ottaws, Il |
Great interaction between. Dr. McCloskey and I. She addressed all my concerns. Her LPN who interviewed me first was very professional and through -- great experience!
in New Lenox, IL |
I have been seeing Dr. McCloskey for about 7-8 years now. I have had surgery to remove cancerous spots twice and Premier Dermatology and Dr. McCloskey have been excellent to work with. I appreciate the follow up phone calls after my appointments when I have had spots removed. I would definitely recommend Dr. McCloskey.
Ottawa, IL |
Dr. McCloskey and her staff were friendly and very professional. I would recommend Dr. McCloskey to my family and friends.
Yorkville, IL |
Knowledgeable, friendly and educating doctor. Dr. McCloskey takes the time to explain what's going on and why what she recommends will help.
in Yorkville, IL |
Always excellant service and honest advise. Dr Mc is a fine doctor. See her every couple of years for a body scan. She has been mine and my husbands dermatologist for several years.
in Mokena, IL |
Dr. McCloskey always thoroughly explains what she has detected. There is minimum wait time; she appears to be on schedule most visits. She is kind, gentle and a very informative Doctor. I happily recommend her to my family and friends.
Shorewood, IL |
I have received outstanding care from Dr McCloskey for years. Always very attentive & thorough.
Saw her twice for treating adult acne. First visit I waited over an hour. She finally saw me, looked at me for maybe a minute, asked me if my job is stressful then prescribed me some outrageously expensive cream and some pills with alarming side effects. Didn't ask about any products I use or history of skin care. Went in for follow up and waited at least 45 minutes. This visit was equally brief and rushed. Overall I just felt very rushed like I was wasting her time and she was blowing me off.
Hi Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Appreciate your feedback.
Have you seen Dr. Gayle McCloskey, MD?

Visit Dr. McCloskey