Dr. Gayan Poovendran, MD

Practices Sports Medicine

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 105 reviews.
Author:
Today for the first time I met Dr. Poovendran and I felt that he rushed too much when consulting me. I was left with questions. I had to ask the nurse to run after and get the answers. The clinic was full of patients. I did not have to wait. Having acute pain, I found the staff not so much friendly/helpful/considerate as expected when I asked to lend the walker.
Author:
I am very satisfied with the care and treatment that I have been receiving from Dr. Poovendran. He is attentive and I never feel like he doesn’t have time to discuss any questions or concerns that I have. His staff is also friendly and easy to deal with. I would definitely recommend him.
Author:
We could not be more happy with the excellent service and care provided by Dr. Poovendran and his entire staff. They made my son feel so comfortable and relieved any concerns we had about his broken arm. Their service was fast and efficient. We can't thank them enough and are so happy they are there for us.
Author:
Dr. Poovendran is an outstanding orthopaedic physician. He used PRP to help me recover from tennis elbow without surgery.
Author:
I had a shot in my knee three months ago I was supposed to have one tomorrow they canceled they said they had no referral but my last referral has not expired plus they won’t give me pain pills the last ones for 10 days lasted me five months they don’t help you with pain with shots or pills
Author:
Dr P was great. Very knowledgeable and spent a lot of time with me discussing my ankle injury.
Author:
I’m a PTA and strength and conditioning coach. 3 years ago I tore my Left ACL. Therapy alone made a great improvement as I was able to regain my strength and mobility. Recently my knee started to bother me. My coworker recommended PRP as an option to improvement my current symptoms. After having the PRP on my aMCL and joint space my knee discomfort improvement significantly allowing me to spring at top speed and jump with no resedual pain. I recommend Dr. Proovendra for your pre/post recovery
Author:
Dr Poovendran is a very respectable and very knowledgeable doctor . He has helped my daughter with several injuries and has referred us to the Meli Orthopedix center . We are progressing very well . I highly recommend Dr Poovendran to everyone!!!!!
Author:
My wife Kamama Persaud is a patience of Dr. Poovendran on Aug,29th at 1.15 pm we went to see Dr. Poovendran as she is suffer from pain in both knees. Dr. Poovendran said he will give her Alpha-2-Macroglobulin(A2M) injection that will carry away the pain, but we will have to pay him $1500.per knee,out off pocket,since Humana do not cover this drug,upon checking with Humana this drug is 100% covered base on my wife coveraged,I have filed a report to Humana Grievance &appeal dept.
Author:
I would like to express my gratitude to Dr. Poovendran, Kraig, and the entire team for the excellent care they provided for me at my time of need. His skills and professionalism saved me from having Rotator cuff surgery, and delivered me from a long enduring painful existance. Thanks so much, Dr. Poovendran!
Author:
This doctor caused me unconscionable pain and suffering following a stem cell procedure that somehow had bacteria in the injection causing MRSA in my right hip bone. He misdiagnosed the terrible pain following the procedure as expected and normal. He did not think outside the box and continued to treat the pain ineffectually never considering it might be something more serious. I suffered 16 days in the hospital, 2 surgeries to clean out the hip. I now await a hip replacement.
Author:
I saw him for foot pain that was unbearable with each step. I was on crutches. Thought I had arthritis but he said it was tendonitis. I asked for a cortisone shot near the tendon and some pain pills. He said no to both. I got a boot and crashed my car by hitting a tree. Then I fell and broke my toe. I fell again. In pain and he won’t give me pain pills or cortisone. I am alone and hurting. 2nd opinion! They had my keys from valet and didn’t give them to me. Cried ..no cell that day.
Author:
WOW WOW WOW, without even saying what a wonderful doctor he is - he is the WHOLE package, from demeanor to skills and solving a problem PDQ! I was thrilled with how great my knee feels - he is my go to ortho doctor for sure! Thanks again Dr. Poovendran and also to your excellent assistant!!
Author:
Very professional, clean environment.
Author:
My experience with Dr. Poovendran was very positive. He was engaging, friendly, polite and very professional. I felt that he understood what I explained about my pain and used his knowledge of persistent nerve pain to provide informative feedback to me. I would definitely recommend him to friends and family.
Author:
Gives you the time you need to understand the why's of your condition and the associated treatment.
Author:
Dr. Poovendran was very thorough in diagnosing my knee injury. He discussed the options for treatment with me and made recommendations for treatments to try before considering surgery. He spent time with me answering my questions.
Author:
Dr. Poovendran was very friendly and very calming when discussing and assessing my knee injury. He was very gentle when draining the knee and shared with me that if was definitely my ACL that was torn and that I needed an MRI to see if further damage to the knee was done. Allie, the athletic trainer who initially helped me was so kind and moved the process along quickly. She equipped me with an incredible knee brace that has enabled me to move around freely and operate like normal.
Author:
He was very good doctor. I would recommend him very highly. Thank you Dr. Poovendran for helping me with my shoulder. ????
Author:
Dr. Poovendran is professional, kind, knowledgeable, and has an amazing attitude! We won't go back to the office again because the front office staff is awful! To call the office staff disorganized would be a compliment. Waiting 2.5 hours to see the Dr. is total disrespect of the patients time and money. They never seem happy and many times have an attitude. The office staff makes the process so much more difficult than it should be.
Author:
seen him for hair line fracture in hip and shoulder.with all my ailments dr cannot do anything with me.my pain is outstanding always a 8 or 10.he suggested to see one of office pain dr.i saw dr longo.not impress wasted my time.did not seem interested in helping me
Author:
I would recommend Dr. Poovendran any time to all my friends. I'm very satisfied with his courteousness.
Author:
Got medicare bills of almost $700.00 Waiting on knee brace 3 months was supposed to take 10 days. Called and called his assistant who never bothered to call me back About to contact medicare to not pay these bills. I am very upset! Dr. Alma Quigley
Author:
Have not been able to walk since beginning the orthovisc treatments. Have been in bed for almost 6 weeks. Cannot walk now and am much worse than 7 weeks ago when I could walk almost perfectly and started the treatments. Did not have this problem with euflexa shots.
Author:
He was excellent. Highly skilled and caring. Easy to interact with. Patient.
Author:
He was very honest and had compassion for my osteoarthritis. He was not pushing me for surgery!!! He did mention PRP, I told him when my insurance covered it I would consider it. Overall I was very pleased and I would see him again.
Author:
My left hip is feeling better with the therapy. Now my right knee is killing me. I can hardly walk. I must of been putting to much pressure on my right side and it effected my right side. Maybe I need to do therapy on my right knee now.
Author:
Well, it has already been a year since my injury, but, he was very attentive, and really listened to everything I said. Also I could feel his concern and his compassion for what I was going through.
Author:
Very favorable experience. He is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain whatever questions I my have without seeming that he is in a rush. I feel that he really cares about his patients. I am very fortunate to have him as one of my doctors.
Author:
I was quite displeased with my first encounter with this doctor. I did not feel comfortable with him. The follow-up appt was with another doctor in the practice who I feel much more comfortable with. Do not ask for more info.
Author:
Very nice and well attentive
Author:
He was a very thorough and understanding doctor. While I am in Florida next year and need an orthopedic doctor. he will be my doctor of choice.
Author:
Expressed interest in my condition, listed alternatives and proceeded immediately with that which we agreed up. Results have been excellent!
Author:
AS I SAID IN MY E-MAIL TO THE DOCTOR AFTER MY EXPERIENCE AND SATISFACTION. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM TO MY FAMILY, FRIENDS, NEIGHBORS, AND WORD OF MOUTH. HE DID THE JOB AS PROFESSIONAL AS YOU WOULD WANT ANY DOCTOR TO DO HIS JOB. I TRIGGER FINGER IS COMPLETELY HEALED AND SERVING ME WELL. I'LL PROBABLY BE SEEING HIM AGAIN SOON, FOR THE OTHER HAND FOR A TRIGGER FINGER ...
Author:
Dr. Poovendran examined my knee and determined that I pulled a ligament and that the pain I was having was not from arthritis but a pulled ligament. H sent me for physical therapy and medicine for the pain and a leg brace and I am now doing fine. I would use Dr. Poovendran if I have any more problems.
Author:
Absoutely wonderful. I felt comfortable and assured that I would recover from this tragic injury.
Author:
Easy to talk to. Great personality.
Author:
Very courteous, informative & helpful. Average 45 minutes wait .
Author:
Great..... We moved to Tallahassee.
Author:
This was a very positive experience. Dr. P was very thorough and caring. He spoke frankly and set out with a plan for my problem. His manner is very easy going and he was easy to speak with and discuss any problems concerning the care plan. I am so thankful that I am healed now but would not hesitate recommending him.
Author:
Did not address my problems fully.
Author:
Dr. Poovendran was knowledgeable and attentive. I had a good experience.