Dr. Gavin Van Staden, MD

Dr. Gavin Van Staden, MD

Family Medicine | Male | 48 years old

Dr. Van Staden specializes in Family Medicine and practices in Bountiful, UT. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Van Staden? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Van Staden's Experience

See how Dr. Van Staden's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Van Staden

Dr. Van Staden accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Van Staden has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Van Staden
Dr. Van Staden's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (34)
Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Van Staden was my primary physician for awhile. There were several times he was really harsh and yelled at me. I simply was asking if a medicine had any side effects. There was another occasion where he decided to let his temperament get the best of him. I do not think he is professional, respectful, or level headed. I have known of several other people that have received the same treatment from him. There are plenty of great physicians- you don't need to settle for this one.
in Bountiful, UT |
I am shocked!! This man was very unprofessional, rude, sarcastic and he made me feel so low and embarrassed, I had to leave. I have only been in UT for 2wks trying to est. healthcare because of the serious condition of my entire spinal column and other issues. I am on long term meds that cannot be abruptly stopped or I can die. I will be out as of tom. He told me he would not give me my meds and was cold and sarcastic about it. He had the nerve to say, "this is not a drive thru for meds" WHAT?!
in Bountiful, UT |
Dr Van Staden is extremely caring and spends a lot of time listening to and understanding my concerns. He explains my treatment options to me and reasons for my medications and their purpose. He is very thorough. My family and I are very happy with his care and we are always able to get in with last minute emergencies.
in Bountiful, UT |
Dr. van Staden takes the time to listen and understand the patient's concerns before applying the science.
in Lehi, Utah |
Gavin is always good to listen to all my concerns. He is honest and concerned about my health (physical and mental).
in N.S.L, UTAH |
Gavin was a sarcastic,rude,& un-professional MD. I felt verbally attacked by him after telling him Im disabled on ssdi & started to answer questions telling him my diagnosises,medical/family history,& list of all meds plus where go get longterm treatment.He made ignorant shallow, offensive comments to me after telling him everything.I made the appointment with him only for a follow-up after a accident & hospitalized with a fractutrd back,sliped discs.never looked at my back,&hardly discussed it.
in Bountiful, Ut |
I left his office in tears this week. He was so rude and condescending. He made very rude and unsolicited remarks about my weight without even asking what my diet or eating habits consisted of. I am a small famed woman who has never weighed more than 120 lbs and am currently 112 lbs. He got in my face and said that I was extreme malnourished, and needed more protein and that was why I had broken my ankle, which was not even the reason I was there to see him. Ha was short, rude and belittling.
Have you seen Dr. Gavin Van Staden, MD?
Are you Dr. Van Staden?

Dr. Van Staden's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Dr. Van Staden has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Van Staden's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

Dr. Van Staden does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Van Staden and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

• Afrikaans

Dr. Van Staden does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Van Staden and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Van Staden does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Van Staden and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

Narrow your results

These featured providers are brought to you by and are on medical staff at: