Dr. Gavin Meany, MD

Practices Psychiatry

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 3.5 after 18 reviews.
Author:
first of all, the victim never spoke to the media. there is no 2 sides to the story, he stated to law enforcement he knew what he was doing was wrong, unethical. sick.
Author:
The recent news about Dr Meany is absolutely terrible and hard for me to understand. I am a 34 year old female and have seen Dr Meany for psychiatry & psychotherapy for more than 4 years and I have never found a Dr, of any specialty, to be so kind, genuine, and willing to go the extra mile. He has been nothing but professional while I’ve been under his care and despite knowing how wrong his actions were, and how vulnerable we are under the care of someone in his position, I still think there are two sides to every story. I don’t know why the, quote on quote victim decided to make this public, by getting the media involved. There is enough shame and heartache without the public throwing in their two cents only knowing bits and pieces. Out of all the Dr’s I’ve ever seen, he would be last on my list for this—truly unexpected & hard to digest. It certainly doesn’t change my mind about the level of care & expertise he has provided me in these last years.
Author:
I got some of the care I needed but overall he was not the best provider. I am horrified that he has been arrested for abusing a patient and I hope he loses his license immediately. Do not trust him.
Author:
I highly recommend Dr Gavin Meany. Extremely respectful, well mannered, and empathetic! And his fashion choices are fun and silly making me feel like he's not a stuffy psych.
Author:
Very unprofessional. Yawns when you're speaking. Very angrily cuts you off while you're speaking. Has EXTREME mood swings. Never knew what mood he would be in when arriving. Usually very stressed and angry. Short tempered. Very uncomfortable to be around. Could never remember details of my history. He always wanted me to guess and prescribe my own medication. Looked up his history he has been at 4 practices in 5 years. Speaks of his unstability. Also, he posted a picture with his shirt off.
Author:
Hands down the best psychiatrist I've ever seen. Up-to-date on the newest and latest information in psychiatry. Listens to you and treats you like an actual person, not a mental illness.
Author:
I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Meany and Emily. Both were so amazing that I followed them from their previous practice. They go up and above every time. My husband recently took a job in CT so I will be moving out of state soon as even then I will be flying back every 3 months for check ins as I refuse to see anyone else. My adolescence has been ridden with depression and anxiety so subsequently I have seen my fair share of providers. I can honestly say he is the ONLY doctor I've ever see
Author:
Dr. Meany provides exceptional patient care. He takes time to listen and asks great follow-up questions. He is intelligent and fantastic at explaining how certain medications work. He encourages patients to have hope that conditions change will with medical care. Dr. Meany exudes confidence, yet is far from arrogant. I couldn't ask for a better psychiatrist.
Author:
They blatantly lied about accepting my insurance and then informed me that I had to pay full price instead. $601 for less than an hour and 15 minutes. They also don't offer payment plans. They only care about the money, not their patients. Two messages I left Dr. Meany asking for a courtesy call back to discuss the miscommunication were not returned.
Author:
He has been the best psychiatrist I have worked with. I am so glad I can continue to see him after he moved to a new practice in St. Louis Park.
Author:
If you are looking for someone who will listen to you and assess your individual needs, then I recommend Dr. Meany. If you're looking for someone who is educated and willing to dive deeper into the most up to date information about your condition, then see Dr. Meany. Everyday I'm grateful I found Dr. Meany. I found Dr. Meany's care to be genuine and insightful. He is willing to take the time fully understand what you are going through and find the best solution to get you in better health.
Author:
Dr. Meany is excellent. I am so grateful for his patience, his ability to listen and give hope. He genuinely cares and that's obvious. My life is better because of him. I just heard he is leaving the clinic where I see him and I'm just so bummed.