Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD

Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·

Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Jacksonville, FL and has been practicing for 28 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery, reconstructive orthopedic surgery, and more.

Southeast Orthopedic Specialists

10475 Centurion Pkwy N Ste 220

Jacksonville, FL 32256

• AARP
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Mayo Clinic
  • Meritain Health

1 malpractice claim Found
  • Settlement (12/8/2016)View details

Check Dr. Duffy's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Duffy's Top Procedures and Conditions

Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)

Dr. Duffy treats Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis) more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Duffy treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Runner's Knee

Dr. Duffy treats Runner's Knee more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Duffy treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Knee Surgery

Dr. Duffy performs Knee Surgery more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Duffy performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Arthroscopic Knee Shaving

• Bunion
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Excision of Tibia or Fibula
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Trigger Finger

Heekin Orthopedic Specialists is dedicated to providing the community with the highest quality healthcare through our commitment to leadership and excellence. Through this mission, we strive to set the standard for quality healthcare delivery in the region bringing national-level care to a local setting.

• Bone & Joint Non-Surgical Orthopedics

2.9761904761904763%

Dr. Duffy?
Dr. Duffy's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD
I have had several orthopedic surgeons in my life and Dr. Duffy is by far the best! He has been my doctor for 10 years. His diagnosis and prognosis have always been 100% on target for me. He is incredibly knowledgeable and can explain complicated knee issues in layman's terms. Also, just because he is a surgeon doesn't mean he jumps to the answer of surgery immediately. He monitored my knee for 10 years before deciding with me that replacement was the only option. In addition, he is personable and his bedside manner is fantastic. He has managed to do what most physicians today can't. He manages a quick and efficient appointment without leaving you feeling like you've been given the bum's rush. He gives his undivided attention when he's in the exam room. In addition, Chunky (Earl) his PA is the best! Dr. Duffy is surrounded by top notch staff who take a vested interest in you as a person as well as a patient. I really do recommend him and SOS every chance I get!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
Dr. Duffy, is very professional and also kind and friendly. He is a total expert at what he does. He performed 2 total knee replacements for me and my knees are doing very well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
I have undergone 2 surgeries with Dr Duffy and have always been impressed with the process from A-Z. Great demeanor too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
Dr Duffy replaced my friend Judy's both knees at age 65 and both my knees at age 75. My friend Linda A. had both hips replaced at age 63. My knees were trashed from thousands of miles of running from 35 to 60 yrs of age (zero menicus remaining bone on bone, MCL, ACL gone and a large curve to the left leg). A highly focused yet empathic person Dr Duffy has given me a new lease on life! I am a chemist/chemical engineer and Technical Director and nowI can zoom around the laboratory again...the feelings of youthful exuberance that Dr Duffy's skills have restored in me with my new mobility cannot be overstated. When I initially challenged him for a comparison to a robotic knee procedure a friend had described, this exceptional surgeon shared part of the story of the growth of his inner passion for healing people with his orthopedic skills that convinced me to choose him. I am grateful to Dr Duffy for his sincere, "look you in the eyes" personna and recommend him wholeheartedly Jim S.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
Dr Duffy has done knee replace surgery on both my knees. I find that he and his Physician Assistants are of the highest caliber. They are all compassionate, caring and extremely professional. Dr. Duffy is an excellent surgeon, always taking the time needed to answer questions and quell fears. Knowing the quality of care I will receive, I am returning to see if I have an issue with my hip.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
Dr. Dufffy replaced my 2 knees, bone on bone because of Arthritis. Dr. Duffy is the most pleasant and caring doctor you can meet. He knows exactly what he is doing, he performs at least 8 surgeries a day. My recovery was fabulous, within 3 weeks I was at that semi-independent stage, and by 3 months I was able to travel by plane. I would recommend Dr. Duffy without hesitation. In fact, he is operating on my friend's knee next month. She is already very impressed with his professionalism.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
Dr Duffy is a outstanding surgeon and explains your procedure that has to be done and does it in a outstanding manner.i
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
Dr Duffy is the most kind caring doctor I’ve ever been to. He replaced my hip in September and I am completely relieved to be out of pain. The recovery was quick and I had my life back. He and his PA’s are wonderful and know exactly what your needs are
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
Dr Duffy listens to your needs and thoroughly explains his recommendations for correcting your medical joint problems. You never feel rushed during your appointments with him. He is courteous and professional --- and the outcomes of both of my total knee replacements that he performed couldn't have been better. Great doctor and gifted surgeon..... and I recommend him without hesitation!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
I found the most compelling reason to use Dr Duffy is that his entire team show genuine care for patients. Yes.....he is an excellent Orthopedic Surgeon ...but more than that, he and his team have genuine empathy for the whole patient process, from calling the night before surgery to ensuring a strict and very proactive follow up through the nursing care and the physical therapy process. I cannot recommend Dr Duffy and his team highly enough. Oh.. yes both my hips are perfect and I feel great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
Total knee replacement : Extremely conscientious, Performed initial exam , madd several recommendations and we moved forward , explained every phase in plain English Preop to post op His entire staff were at my fingertips The overnite stay at the hospital was a pleasure Walking on walker just after coming out of surgery No bruises whatso ever
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
Dr. Duffy and his team were attentive, caring and very professional during the pre-operate visits, surgical day and post-op visits. Dr. Duffy made sure to answer all our questions and treated us like a family member. It was comforting to know we had a good team through out the entire process. Now a year after my knee replacement everything has gone smoothly and I no longer have one pain, thanks to Dr.Duffy and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
If you want a caring, compassionate, and above all highly-skilled surgeon who has done thousands of knee replacements with an extremely low percentage of complications, then Dr. Duffy is the doctor you should turn to. He and his team are SUPERB with a surgical methodology that produces proven results. I had a total knee replacement in October 2017 after doing extensive research into the best doctor in Jacksonville to do the operation. I chose Dr. Duffy and haven’t regretted my decision at all!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
Dr Duffy replaced my left knee in March of 2017 and my right knee in November 2017. He is skillful and caring and his Physician's Assistants are fantastic. My recoveries were complete and faster than expected. I highly recommend Dr. Duffy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
I just got finished with my second hip replacement surgery with Dr. Duffy. He is a true professional and I completed rehab without any pain or problems. I have recommended Dr. Duffy to many of my friends from results of first hip replacement 8 years ago. Now finishing up second hip, Dr. Duffy has improved on what I touted as the best ortho guy in the southeast. eight years ago.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
Dr. Duffy replaced my knees. He is an expert in his field and was extremely caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
Dr Duffy is amazing. My surgery (total knee replacement) was scheduled for the afternoon, after which he was the patient of a back surgery. Following morning I’m in PT and here he comes in his hospital gown using a walker to check on me. What service. Dedicated all the way. I’ve only gotten the best care by Dr Duffy and Diane and all personnel at this office. I am just one year out and results are incredible No pain and very light scar. If I need any ortho services I’ll be there
Dr Duffy replaced both hips I am like a new person. Dr Duffy us the best
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gavan Duffy, MD?
My husband and I have both had knee replacements by Dr Duffy. I cannot say enough good things about him. In addition to being an excellent surgeon, he is extremely personable and makes the entire process so manageable, Both before and after surgery his care is beyond what is expected. If you do the rehab correctly afterwards your knee works better than you thought possible. We highly recommend Dr Duffy to everyone we know.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Duffy?

Insurance accepted

AARP
AvMed
Beech Street (Multiplan)
Beech Street (Multiplan) EPO
Great West Healthcare-Cigna
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Mayo Clinic
PacifiCare
UMR
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Duffy treats patients.

Memorial Hospital