Dr. Gavan P. Duffy, MD

Dr. Gavan P. Duffy, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Southeast Orthopedic Specialists 10475 Centurion Pkwy N Ste 220, Jacksonville, FL 32256 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Duffy's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Duffy's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Orthopedic Surgerynull

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Duffy

Dr. Duffy accepts 18 insurance carriers

18 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Duffy has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Duffy

Dr. Duffy's Review Details
      4.4 based on 116 responses
      Experience with Dr. Duffy
      Dr. Duffy's Office & Staff
        16 – 30 minutes (112)
      in Jacksonville, FL |
      Felt very rushed. Was not able to communicate my concerns. He just looked at my X-rays, told me what he thought the cause was and walked out and said his assistant would set up my physical therapy. When I went to therapy the PT told me it was not what he said at all but another cause. Which was what I. Was trying to communicate to the Dr.
      in Jacksonville, FL |
      Any patient who is headed for knee or hip surgery is in for a treat if Dr. Duffy and his staff are involved. He is friendly, engaging, humorous, and just a lovely, handsome man. He and his group know their business and set out to do the best job possible. They address any concerns a patient may have and stay in contact long after the surgery. I always look forward to my yearly check-up since my knee replacement surgery 5 years ago. Dr. Duffy is quite a treasure in Jacksonville.
      in Saint Augustine, FL |
      Everything about my experience was great! Once I realized the severity of my need for surgery, I was able to "pre-hab" which was a great help going into physical therapy after surgery. I had a 20 degree bend in my knee as well as needing total replacement. Now 18 months out from surgery,my leg is straight and I have my life back. Thank you so much!!
      in Jacksonville, FL |
      Dr Duffy has been my dr for 5 years and I wouldn't go to anyone but him. His surgical skills are excellent. His bedside manner is awesome and he always takes the time to thoroughly explained every procedure. His PA's are equally as professional! He really DOES care about his patients. So if he is running behind on an appointment he is worth the wait. GO TEAM DUFFY!
      in Orange Park, FL |
      Dr Duffy, his PA's, Staff and Physical Therapy Personnel are the Greatest. They all have the same goal, to get You Back to a Normal Lifestyle.
      in Jacksonville, FL |
      I can't say enough about Dr. Duffy. Two people I know referred him to me and if I ever need another procedure I would not hesitate to have him as my surgeon again. I had a total hip replacement and had no pain from day one after surgery. I rate Dr.Duffy 5 star. He took his time with me and absolutely cared for my well being.
      in Jacksonville, FL |
      Dr. Duffy and his team (office, hospital, physical therapy) are a well oiled machine. Everyone I come in contact with are kind and caring and make me feel like I'm their only patient. Through the surgery and post-op, I never felt neglected--was visited by Dr. Duffy and his team on a daily basis. During office visits I never feel rushed and never leave without all my questions being thoroughly addressed. I highly recommend Dr. Duffy to everyone needing a hip replacement
      in Jacksonville, FL |
      Unfortunately my experience doesn't match everyone else's here. Dr. Duffy is lacking big-time in bedside manner! He had no problems telling us how great a surgeon he/how skilled in his profession he is. He managed to tell me how morbidly overweight I am and how I was out of breath. What he heard was my breath catching because he scared me! I refused to allow this man to perform surgery on me, and to tell you the truth, he didn't seem to interested in doing it anyway. {Dr. Shirley is AMAZING!}
      in st augustine florida |
      Has been 2 years since both knees were replaced and, in conjuction with Dr Duffy's skill and an excellent physical therapy program I am willing to sign up as a poster patient for Heekin Orthopedics.
      in Jacksonville, FL |
      Dr. Duffy, along with his expertise and experience, is also kind and caring!!!! He even makes a personal call the night before your surgery!!! I have had both knees replaced now. I am able to walk up and down my stairs. Had very little pain - took no pain meds - rehab prescribed by Dr. Duffy was excellent! Great experience! Great doctor!
      Orange Park, FL |
      He came highly recommend by tennis friends, and I will recommend him also.
      in Jacksonville, FL |
      Dr. Duffy really cares about me and the quality of care that I receive. I'm mid-40s and he performed a total hip replacement on me 3 months ago and I feel like I've gone back in time about 20 years. He's my angel. He's funny, he's cool, he's genuine, he makes me feel like I'm his only patient and he's incredibly skilled at his job. I trust this man and would have him perform any additional procedures. Even if I were to relocate out of Jacksonville, I would come back for him. LOVE this man.
      in Jacksonville, FL |
      I had a knee replacement and absolutely couldn't be happier with the entire process, especially the results. I went from two years of severe pain to being totally pain free and able to perform all functions and maintain a very active lifestyle.
      in Jacksonville, FL |
      Dr Duffy have been my doctor for over seven years. I had the privileged of have Dr Duffy perform both my hips and a knee replacement. I never had a Doctor in who care so much that he visit me each day I was in the hospital.I considered him to be my number one doctor and refer him to all my friends in my community and church. Thanks Dr Duffy for all you do
      in Jacksonville, FL |
      Dr. Duffy is a very passionate and competent surgeon and only wants the best for his patients. to me he's the best when it comes to knee replacement.my experience with him and hi staff was amazing. if you need orthopedic care look no further than dr. duffy you want be sorry.
      Have you seen Dr. Duffy?
      Are you Dr. Duffy? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Duffy

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery
      • Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
      • Bone & Joint Orthopedics
      • Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
      • Orthopedics

Why It Matters: Dr. Duffy's Board Certifications

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
      • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
      • Ganglion Cyst
      • Hip Dysplasia
      • Hip Fracture
      • Hip Sprain
      • Internal Derangement of Knee
      • Knee Dislocation
      • Knee Fracture
      • Knee Sprain
      • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
      • Osteoarthritis of Hands

Completed in 2000

• Other Education
        Mayo Medical School
        University of Dublin / Trinity College / School of Physic

Dr. Duffy has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Duffy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
      • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Duffy

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Duffy's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Duffy

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Duffy's Care Philosophy

Heekin Orthopedic Specialists is dedicated to providing the community with the highest quality healthcare through our commitment to leadership and excellence. Through this mission, we strive to set the standard for quality healthcare delivery in the region bringing national-level care to a local setting.