Dr. Gautam Siram, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 43

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Gautam Siram, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Chevy Chase, MD. Dr. Siram has extensive experience in Hip & Pelvic Surgery and Headache. He is affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital, winner of the Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Gautam Siram, MD

Summit Orthopedics

5530 Wisconsin Ave Ste 1660 Chevy Chase, MD 20815 ()

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Siram with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Reston Hospital Center.

Make an appointment at Reston Hospital Center today at (703) 923-8975.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Reston Hospital Center.

Dr. Siram's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Siram

3.1914893617021276%

Dr. Siram

Dr. Siram may be an excellent surgeon, but when it comes to followup care post surgery, his practice is a MAJOR disappointment. I was discharged from his surgery center less than three hours after my surgery began, given some printed instructions and .... that was it. No one from Dr. Siram's office ever called to check how I was doing, and when I called for advice/help with pain management, the only people I heard back from were medical assistants who gave me conflicting and confusing info on what drugs I should be taking and how often I should be using them. It took three full days to have a badly need prescription for painkillers correctly called into my pharmacy. Total knee replacement is a painful surgery so it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect a surgeon or other doctor to be available to help manage that pain in the immediate aftermath. That was decidedly NOT what happened. Unless you're looking for a DIY experience, I suggest looking for another surgeon,
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Jan 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
Dr. Siram is in my opinion the new super star in full hip replacement in the Washington DC area. The surgical procedure he uses spares muscle and tendons which allowed an amazingly quick recuperation for me. I was able to walk without walker or cane within 3-4 days.
Aug 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
My right knee surgery was very challenging but Dr. Siram and his PA Ms. Walton. Dr. Siram and Ms. Walton were very caring and reassuring. I consider myself very fortunate to have this surgical team as my providers. I highly recommend Dr. Siram.
Jul 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
I had a Total Knee Replacement (TKA) on June 17,2020. My knee feels so much better; I need to have the second one done soon. Dr. Siram is a great doctor! He answered all of my questions beforehand and put my mind at ease. My friend highly recommended Dr. Siram. He did both her knees years ago. I’m very pleased with his work and the staff who works with him.
Gwendolyn Davis – Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
Second hip replacement by Dr. Siram and same result - surgery at 7 am, home by 2 pm and no pain meds needed at all because absolutely zero pain or discomfort. Using a cane two weeks after surgery only because instructed to since able to walk totally normally without.
Barry Wolfson – Jul 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
My knee replacement did not go so well and when I mentioned my concerns...his staff became aggressive and I decided to remove myself from the negativity. His knee replacement has had to be corrected by an additional surgery
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
DR Sira is a very good dr . he just did my mom knee surgery she is doing really well .
Bayush – Oct 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
1 1/2 months post op, total hip replacement and feeling good. Biking from the 2nd or 3rd week, and now squatting with light weights, swimming, etc. There was secondary soft tissue pain for a while, but my hip feels strong. Dr. Siram impressed me from the start with his excellent bedside manner and thoroughness. I'm only 50, but have had much experience with orthos, and he's up there with the best. My only complaint is the sometimes inconsistent administrative staff, which is expected from a large practice. I won't diminish his stars because of that. I'll def return for my impending knee surgery. Be your own best advocate!
Apr 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
I went to Dr. Siram to consult with him about minimally invasive knee replacement surgery. I found him to be very personable, knowledgeable, and thorough. In fact, he pointed out that I my be able to get by with a partial knee replacement instead of a total knee replacement, something that my previous ortho doctor did not point out. But just to be certain, he sent me for an MRI to check for any hidden damage, which my other doctor also did not suggest.
Lena P. in Washington, DC – Mar 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
I had partial knee replacement and it was very successful. Since then I have recommended several friends and they too have had knee replacements and are also very pleased.
Dec 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
Dr. Siram and his team are extremely caring and compassionate . I have had both hips replaced and the surgery went smoothly and my recovery was quick and almost painless.
Carol Stern in Chevy Chase, MD – Dec 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
Dr. Siram is a very very good orthopaedic Dr. Who's knowledge and experience is instrumental in my and others speedy recovery.
upper MARLBORO – Nov 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
My Physical Therapist says that Dr Siram’s patients are noticeably better after surgery and was not surprised at my fast and excellent progress. Dr Siram also uses an app that gets you an answer to questions/concerns immediately. Twice I had questions and got answers in 8 mins and 12 mins, even on weekend. Beyond comforting! Will go to Dr Siram soon for second knee.
Ginger Howard in Washington, DC – Nov 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
Dr. Siram is probably the best orthopedist in the DC area for knee and hip replacement surgery. His advanced post-residency fellowship training in minimally invasive techniques means his patients heal more quickly with less pain, and reach their recovery goals in less time. On top of that, he is compassionate and highly available to his patients. As a physician myself, I would recommend him enthusiastically.
Richard Waugaman, M.D. in Potomac, MD – Nov 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
I needed hip replacement surgery on both hips having issues as a result of Paget’s disease. I had my right hip done in March and my left hip done in September. Thanks to Dr. Siram who did both hips the quality of my life has improved tremendously. Not only is he an expert at his job, he is polite and answers every question clearly and thoroughly. I recommend him highly to anyone considering hip replacement surgery.
Etsehiwot Hailemariam in Silver Spring, MD – Nov 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
Dr. Siram is excellent. Two weeks after a full knee replacement by him I cannot believe how good I feel. Though I'm still healing, I am fully mobile and have been off any kind of prescription pain-killer for over a week. He is a very clear, thoughtful and enjoyable communicator and attentive to his patient's needs, emotional as well as otherwise. He is a relatively new member of a practice that I have gone to for years and in which I have complete faith and trust; The picked the right person!
Washington, DC – Nov 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
My experience with Dr. Sir am was great, he explained the procedure of the hip relpacement, and insure me that I would feel much better after the surgery. The next morning after surgery I was able to stand without the discomfort I had before..
Laurel, MD – Nov 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
Dr. Siram's care and attention to my case has been exemplary, both pre- and post surgery. This has been the first and only major surgery that I have ever experienced in my life, and I am thankful that I was fortunate to find Dr. Siram to shepherd me through the process.
Stephen Gilson in Washington, DC – Nov 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
Dr. Siram is a first rate surgeon! My experience with him doing my partial knee replacement surgery was excellent. Just like the rhythm says, **Dr Siram is the MAN!** when considering knee replacements! Good Luck to you all!
KacyT in Fairfax, VA – Nov 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
Great people person. Answers all questions. Inspires patient confidence. Returns messages in a timely manner. Great surgical team.
Virginia – Nov 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Siram?