Dr. Gautam Siram, MD

Dr. Gautam Siram, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Gautam Siram, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Chevy Chase, MD. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 11 years.

5530 Wisconsin Ave Ste 1660

Chevy Chase, MD 20815

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Siram

See how frequently Dr. Siram performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hip
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
Osteoarthritis

Dr. Siram's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Adult & Pediatric Neurology

Dr. Siram does not have any board certifications listed.

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Epilepsy
  • Essential Tremor
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myoclonus

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of Ny Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 2006

Dr. Siram has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Siram has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Siram does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Siram and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Siram's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Siram to family and friends
Dr. Siram's Performance
in Chevy Chase, MD |
Dr. Siram and his team are extremely caring and compassionate . I have had both hips replaced and the surgery went smoothly and my recovery was quick and almost painless.
upper MARLBORO |
Dr. Siram is a very very good orthopaedic Dr. Who's knowledge and experience is instrumental in my and others speedy recovery.
in Washington, DC |
My Physical Therapist says that Dr Siram’s patients are noticeably better after surgery and was not surprised at my fast and excellent progress. Dr Siram also uses an app that gets you an answer to questions/concerns immediately. Twice I had questions and got answers in 8 mins and 12 mins, even on weekend. Beyond comforting! Will go to Dr Siram soon for second knee.
in Potomac, MD |
Dr. Siram is probably the best orthopedist in the DC area for knee and hip replacement surgery. His advanced post-residency fellowship training in minimally invasive techniques means his patients heal more quickly with less pain, and reach their recovery goals in less time. On top of that, he is compassionate and highly available to his patients. As a physician myself, I would recommend him enthusiastically.
in Silver Spring, MD |
I needed hip replacement surgery on both hips having issues as a result of Paget’s disease. I had my right hip done in March and my left hip done in September. Thanks to Dr. Siram who did both hips the quality of my life has improved tremendously. Not only is he an expert at his job, he is polite and answers every question clearly and thoroughly. I recommend him highly to anyone considering hip replacement surgery.
Washington, DC |
Dr. Siram is excellent. Two weeks after a full knee replacement by him I cannot believe how good I feel. Though I'm still healing, I am fully mobile and have been off any kind of prescription pain-killer for over a week. He is a very clear, thoughtful and enjoyable communicator and attentive to his patient's needs, emotional as well as otherwise. He is a relatively new member of a practice that I have gone to for years and in which I have complete faith and trust; The picked the right person!
Laurel, MD |
My experience with Dr. Sir am was great, he explained the procedure of the hip relpacement, and insure me that I would feel much better after the surgery. The next morning after surgery I was able to stand without the discomfort I had before..
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Siram's care and attention to my case has been exemplary, both pre- and post surgery. This has been the first and only major surgery that I have ever experienced in my life, and I am thankful that I was fortunate to find Dr. Siram to shepherd me through the process.
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr. Siram is a first rate surgeon! My experience with him doing my partial knee replacement surgery was excellent. Just like the rhythm says, **Dr Siram is the MAN!** when considering knee replacements! Good Luck to you all!
Virginia |
Great people person. Answers all questions. Inspires patient confidence. Returns messages in a timely manner. Great surgical team.
Washington, DC |
He's a fantastic doctor. His staff is first-rate, as are all at Summit Orthopedics.
in Winter Park, FL |
Dr Siram is a great doctor and I would strongly recommend him. His skill in the operating room is amazing. My PT told me Dr Siram's patients recover quicker because of the extra care he takes in the Operating Room. His out of OR skills are strong too. Dr Siram is personable, approachable, and genuinely cares about his patients. I traveled from Florida at my own expense to have both knees done by Dr. Siram. I think he's that good!
in Chevy Chase, MD |
Dr Siram has the rare quality of truly listening. All my concerns were thoughtfully addressed which enabled me to form realistic expectations of the outcome of treatment. And, based on the outcome of the surgery, I have to conclude that Dr Siram is an excellent surgeon!
in Olney, Maryland |
Dr. Siram is warm, a great listener and very responsive.. I would highly recommend him!
in Washington DC |
Dr Siram is a knowledgeable, kind gentle/man and a great surgeon.
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Siram replaced my right knee. He is amazing. Pain was much less than expected and totally manageable. Walking the day of the surgery, only one night in hospital. Very fast recovery. Dr. Siram is in touch with his patients everyday with a special app for two weeks before and two weeks after surgery. He tells you every day what to do and what to look for. You can send him photos if you have a question about your recovery. So grateful to Dr. Siram! Highest recommendation possible
Bethesda, MD |
Great experience with Dr. Siram. I highly recommend him.
in Rockville, MD |
Very good, caring doctor.
in DC |
Dr. Siram made me feel confident and that I was in good hands. He took the time to answer my questions and was always very pleasant. I'd highly recommend him.
in Winter Park, FL |
Dr. Siram is excellent through all phases of the process. I felt extremely comfortable from my first appointment. He is a great surgeon with a spectacular bedside manner. All questions are welcome and he is extraordinarily patient. Highly recommended!
in Beltsville, MD |
This is my second knee replacement done by Dr. Siriam. In January I operated my right knee and now in June my left. In both cases, I was very impressed and pleased with the high level of caring professionalisn and skill of the Doctor and his staff. I would highly recommend this doctor to all. In fact my husband will soon be going back to have his second knee replacement done by the same doctor.
in Poolesville, MD |
Dr. Gautam Siram is a young dynamic orthopedic surgeon. His diagnosis and surgery skill is phenomenon. He is a very compassionate professional to the well being of a patient. Both of his pre-surgery examination and post surgery follow ups are effective. His surgery skill is outstanding - almost no scars and never felt I had two successful knee replacements. God bless.
Washington, DC |
efficient, forthright, friendly, calm very personable answers questions with you feeling like you are imposing. He and his clinical staff are terrific. But, ah ha there is always a "but", front desk staff need to be more friendly and answer the phones more efficiently. the wait time on hold is way too long for a physician's office.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Siram seems to be quite thorough and attentive to detail that might be relevant to surgery and recovery. He seems knowledgeable and experienced. He inspired confidence in me.
in College Park |
From the initial consult throughout surgery and follow up, Gautam and Ashley have been consistently caring, competent and thorough. They were always available thru the portal to answer all of my questions quickly and thoroughly. I had seen three doctors prior to Dr Siram for opinions -and was so confident, trusting and impressed with him that I scheduled my surgery (hip replacement) on the way out of leaving his office. He was hands down the best and most competent doctor I had seen.
in Fredericksburg, VA |
My experience with Dr. Siram has been great. I told him I wanted to dance at my daughter's wedding in the beginning of July. With the care I've received from Dr. Siram, I'm going to make it. Thanks Dr. Siram. You're the best.
in Arlington, VA |
Dr. Siram did a partial right knew replacement on April 10, 2017. I now get up in the morning and I am able to walk again without pain. Before that I was barely able to walk when I awoke. Not only would I recommend him to anyone else he will be doing my left knee later this year. Dr. Siram and the team he works with in the office and at Sibley Hospital started prepping me a month before my operation to make sure I had a safe and successful operation. I was walking the same day and on my own
He is a good doctor and very pleasant. Maybe explaining procedure would be one recommendation. Looking it up on Goggle is one way but hearing it in office would be a better experience.
in Rockville, MD |
I just had anterior hip-replacement and highly recommend Dr. Siram. What a wonderful experience this has all been, from my first meeting with Dr. Siram, the staff in his office to the staff at Sibley, love the app they use to keep in communicate that reminds and encourages. I love my new hip, my new life, thank you.
in DC |
Dr. Siram is a knowledgable and courteous professional.
Washington, DC |
Dr. Siram is excellent. My brother referred him for a knee replacement procedure and I have since recommended him to friends and colleagues. He sincerely cares about his patients and made me feel very comfortable about the entire process. He throughly explained the procedure, the recovery process, as well as provided extensive written information about the procedure and patient care. I am extremely satisfied with my results. Thank you so very much.
Columbia, MD |
Dr. Siram is absolutely wonderful. This was my first surgery and he made the experience as painless as possible. He and his team answered all of my questions with a smile and stayed in contact throughout the whole process. I would definitely recommend him for any orthopedic surgery. He's top-notch!
Washington, DC |
The best. Very impressed from day one and he got me through my surgery flawlessly. I was impressed with his knowledge, care, and humility. He knows what he is doing.
in Washington, DC |
I was a "basket case" about the possibility of having hip replacement. Dr. Siram eased my anxiety about the surgery and walked me through the procedure. He is patient, steady, and a superb surgeon. The actual operation and recovery was so much better than I could have ever imagined. Kudos to Dr. Siram and his team.
in Locust Grove, VA |
Dr. Siram and his team are extremely professional and have provided excellent care throught the process. I would highly recommend him to everyone I know. If I had one negative, and mind you, it is not necessarily negative, just a heads up; I'd warn about the busy atmosohere of the office in Chevy Chase. While it is usually packed and busy, it also speaks to the popularity of the office which in my opinion translates to excellent treatment and satisfaction. Thank you all.
Bethesda, MD |
I had a total hip replacement surgery with Dr. Siram and it couldn't have gone more smoothly. I would recommend him without any hesitation.
in Reston, VA |
Dr. Siram is a very skilled and highly effective surgeon. I was looking for a specific procedure - to have both hips done at the same time. He has performed this procedure a number of times and agreed that i was a good candidate for this. The surgery went well and the recovery is going better than predicted. I am 2 weeks out of the surgery and walking on my own. Dr Siram checks in with me every day winch is comforting - asks me questions and answers mine. I would recommend him highly.
in Winchester, VA |
Dr. Siram is an excellent surgeon. He cared about me and how my condition effected my life. He personally got involved in the expediting my surgery. He has an excellent people skills and was never rushed in his approach to my case. I would recommend him without reserve to future patients.
Silver Spring, MD |
I have had a partial knee replacement twice with two excellent doctors. Even so, my experience with Dr. Siram was outstanding - and I was on my feet MUCH sooner than with the other doctor. Better preparation, better follow up, more accessibility for questions, and better results. Highly recommended.
in Mc Lean, VA |
I recently had my hip replaced with Dr. Siram. My recovery has been nothing short of amazing. Dr. Siram and his team have been extremely responsive to any and all concerns that I have had during this stressful time. I did my surgery on an outpatient basis. I was somewhat reluctant to do my surgery in anything but a hospital. I was very pleasantly surprised at the ease, comfort and extreme cleanliness of the surgery center. I give Dr. Siram my highest recommendation!
in Washington, DC |
Dr Gautam Siram's knowledge of my procedure, both hips replacemed, is the best I have seen from a Surgeon in while. He was concerned and with me all at the way ... Also I must mention his staff combined with the Massachusetts Surgery Out Patient center combined is "poerty in motion". Clean, organized, prompt, tentative, all adjectives that a stellar health care requires. Also tell Mrs. Judith FInk I said hello, also a long time care giver I have run across at the surgery center. Thank you all.
in Washington, DC |
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Siram to anyone. He is knowledgeable, accessible, and confident without being arrogant. He takes the time to answer questions and explain the procedure and what to expect afterwards. His staff is extremely accessible and knowledgeable as well. I saw three other surgeons before I decided and Dr. Siram was the only one I had complete confidence in. After the surgery, he and his staff keep in touch constantly.
in Washington, DC |
Dr Siram has been terrific. He has been personable, easy to talk to and thorough in answering my questions. He responds quickly to my questions and concerns. I would highly recommend him.
in Silver Spring, MD |
Before I had my hip replacement, every medical professional that asked who my surgeon was said I was in great hands. My therapists since the replacement all comment on how good the incision looks with minimal swelling. From start to finish I've felt confident in my surgeon and recovery. It's been 3 weeks and so far so good. I don't think hip replacement is ever easy but Dr. Hiram made it as comfortable as possible for me. I'm grateful I was referred to him.
Greenbelt MD |
Very knowledgeable and very kind. Wonderful job on my hip replacement.
in Rockville MD |
This is my second knee replacement procedure with with the doctor. I find him very easy to talk to and also very straightforward about the procedure. The results from the first procedure were excellent, and I'm hopeful that it will be with this one as well
in Washington, dc |
He is an Outstanding doctor with an Excellent bedside manner and Does not mind answering questions.
in chevy chase md |
He and his staff did a fantastic job. I could not be more pleased with the attention and care I have received. I would not hesitate a second to recommend him to others. I have in fact said so to many people. Great job and care. Nat Finkelstein
in Bethesda, MD |
Dr. Siram has done 2 knee replacements in 2 years on me. He is compassionate & cares about his patients unlike any orthopedic surgeon I have ever had. He listens to what you tell him & devotes enough time for patient to ask questions/concerns. Despite being young, his expertise & knowledge is on a much higher level than surgeons who have been operating for more than 20 years. Outstanding orthopedic surgeon!
in Silver spring MD |
Very good and great manner. I enjoyed talking with him. Extremely reassuring. Ashley was also excellent.
Have you seen Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
Are you Dr. Siram?