Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Gautam Siram, MD
Dr. Gautam Siram, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Chevy Chase, MD. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Siram is affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital and Suburban Hospital.

Summit Orthopedics

5530 Wisconsin Ave Ste 1660

Chevy Chase, MD 20815

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Siram

Dr. Siram's Experience

Dr. Siram's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Adult & Pediatric Neurology

Dr. Siram does not have any board certifications listed.

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lambert-Eaton Syndrome
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of Ny Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 2006

Dr. Siram has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Siram has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Siram does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Siram and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Siram's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Siram to family and friends
Dr. Siram's Performance
in Washington DC |
Dr Siram is a knowledgeable, kind gentle/man and a great surgeon.
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Siram replaced my right knee. He is amazing. Pain was much less than expected and totally manageable. Walking the day of the surgery, only one night in hospital. Very fast recovery. Dr. Siram is in touch with his patients everyday with a special app for two weeks before and two weeks after surgery. He tells you every day what to do and what to look for. You can send him photos if you have a question about your recovery. So grateful to Dr. Siram! Highest recommendation possible
Bethesda, MD |
Great experience with Dr. Siram. I highly recommend him.
in Rockville, MD |
Very good, caring doctor.
in DC |
Dr. Siram made me feel confident and that I was in good hands. He took the time to answer my questions and was always very pleasant. I'd highly recommend him.
in Winter Park, FL |
Dr. Siram is excellent through all phases of the process. I felt extremely comfortable from my first appointment. He is a great surgeon with a spectacular bedside manner. All questions are welcome and he is extraordinarily patient. Highly recommended!
in Beltsville, MD |
This is my second knee replacement done by Dr. Siriam. In January I operated my right knee and now in June my left. In both cases, I was very impressed and pleased with the high level of caring professionalisn and skill of the Doctor and his staff. I would highly recommend this doctor to all. In fact my husband will soon be going back to have his second knee replacement done by the same doctor.
in Poolesville, MD |
Dr. Gautam Siram is a young dynamic orthopedic surgeon. His diagnosis and surgery skill is phenomenon. He is a very compassionate professional to the well being of a patient. Both of his pre-surgery examination and post surgery follow ups are effective. His surgery skill is outstanding - almost no scars and never felt I had two successful knee replacements. God bless.
Washington, DC |
efficient, forthright, friendly, calm very personable answers questions with you feeling like you are imposing. He and his clinical staff are terrific. But, ah ha there is always a "but", front desk staff need to be more friendly and answer the phones more efficiently. the wait time on hold is way too long for a physician's office.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Siram seems to be quite thorough and attentive to detail that might be relevant to surgery and recovery. He seems knowledgeable and experienced. He inspired confidence in me.
in College Park |
From the initial consult throughout surgery and follow up, Gautam and Ashley have been consistently caring, competent and thorough. They were always available thru the portal to answer all of my questions quickly and thoroughly. I had seen three doctors prior to Dr Siram for opinions -and was so confident, trusting and impressed with him that I scheduled my surgery (hip replacement) on the way out of leaving his office. He was hands down the best and most competent doctor I had seen.
in Fredericksburg, VA |
My experience with Dr. Siram has been great. I told him I wanted to dance at my daughter's wedding in the beginning of July. With the care I've received from Dr. Siram, I'm going to make it. Thanks Dr. Siram. You're the best.
in Arlington, VA |
Dr. Siram did a partial right knew replacement on April 10, 2017. I now get up in the morning and I am able to walk again without pain. Before that I was barely able to walk when I awoke. Not only would I recommend him to anyone else he will be doing my left knee later this year. Dr. Siram and the team he works with in the office and at Sibley Hospital started prepping me a month before my operation to make sure I had a safe and successful operation. I was walking the same day and on my own
He is a good doctor and very pleasant. Maybe explaining procedure would be one recommendation. Looking it up on Goggle is one way but hearing it in office would be a better experience.
in Rockville, MD |
I just had anterior hip-replacement and highly recommend Dr. Siram. What a wonderful experience this has all been, from my first meeting with Dr. Siram, the staff in his office to the staff at Sibley, love the app they use to keep in communicate that reminds and encourages. I love my new hip, my new life, thank you.
in DC |
Dr. Siram is a knowledgable and courteous professional.
Washington, DC |
Dr. Siram is excellent. My brother referred him for a knee replacement procedure and I have since recommended him to friends and colleagues. He sincerely cares about his patients and made me feel very comfortable about the entire process. He throughly explained the procedure, the recovery process, as well as provided extensive written information about the procedure and patient care. I am extremely satisfied with my results. Thank you so very much.
Columbia, MD |
Dr. Siram is absolutely wonderful. This was my first surgery and he made the experience as painless as possible. He and his team answered all of my questions with a smile and stayed in contact throughout the whole process. I would definitely recommend him for any orthopedic surgery. He's top-notch!
Washington, DC |
The best. Very impressed from day one and he got me through my surgery flawlessly. I was impressed with his knowledge, care, and humility. He knows what he is doing.
in Washington, DC |
I was a "basket case" about the possibility of having hip replacement. Dr. Siram eased my anxiety about the surgery and walked me through the procedure. He is patient, steady, and a superb surgeon. The actual operation and recovery was so much better than I could have ever imagined. Kudos to Dr. Siram and his team.
Silver Spring, MD |
He is very polite and respectful and listens to the patient. He is very good at his job. My family is also impressed by his treatment of the family briefing after surgery. Talked to me very well after surgery too. Very happy with my surgery results. Recommend him highly for hip surgery with pagets disease or without.
in Locust Grove, VA |
Dr. Siram and his team are extremely professional and have provided excellent care throught the process. I would highly recommend him to everyone I know. If I had one negative, and mind you, it is not necessarily negative, just a heads up; I'd warn about the busy atmosohere of the office in Chevy Chase. While it is usually packed and busy, it also speaks to the popularity of the office which in my opinion translates to excellent treatment and satisfaction. Thank you all.
Bethesda, MD |
I had a total hip replacement surgery with Dr. Siram and it couldn't have gone more smoothly. I would recommend him without any hesitation.
in Reston, VA |
Dr. Siram is a very skilled and highly effective surgeon. I was looking for a specific procedure - to have both hips done at the same time. He has performed this procedure a number of times and agreed that i was a good candidate for this. The surgery went well and the recovery is going better than predicted. I am 2 weeks out of the surgery and walking on my own. Dr Siram checks in with me every day winch is comforting - asks me questions and answers mine. I would recommend him highly.
in Winchester, VA |
Dr. Siram is an excellent surgeon. He cared about me and how my condition effected my life. He personally got involved in the expediting my surgery. He has an excellent people skills and was never rushed in his approach to my case. I would recommend him without reserve to future patients.
Silver Spring, MD |
I have had a partial knee replacement twice with two excellent doctors. Even so, my experience with Dr. Siram was outstanding - and I was on my feet MUCH sooner than with the other doctor. Better preparation, better follow up, more accessibility for questions, and better results. Highly recommended.
in Mc Lean, VA |
I recently had my hip replaced with Dr. Siram. My recovery has been nothing short of amazing. Dr. Siram and his team have been extremely responsive to any and all concerns that I have had during this stressful time. I did my surgery on an outpatient basis. I was somewhat reluctant to do my surgery in anything but a hospital. I was very pleasantly surprised at the ease, comfort and extreme cleanliness of the surgery center. I give Dr. Siram my highest recommendation!
in Washington, DC |
Dr Gautam Siram's knowledge of my procedure, both hips replacemed, is the best I have seen from a Surgeon in while. He was concerned and with me all at the way ... Also I must mention his staff combined with the Massachusetts Surgery Out Patient center combined is "poerty in motion". Clean, organized, prompt, tentative, all adjectives that a stellar health care requires. Also tell Mrs. Judith FInk I said hello, also a long time care giver I have run across at the surgery center. Thank you all.
in Washington, DC |
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Siram to anyone. He is knowledgeable, accessible, and confident without being arrogant. He takes the time to answer questions and explain the procedure and what to expect afterwards. His staff is extremely accessible and knowledgeable as well. I saw three other surgeons before I decided and Dr. Siram was the only one I had complete confidence in. After the surgery, he and his staff keep in touch constantly.
in Washington, DC |
Dr Siram has been terrific. He has been personable, easy to talk to and thorough in answering my questions. He responds quickly to my questions and concerns. I would highly recommend him.
in Chevy Chase, MD |
My experience with Dr.Siram has been excellent. The communications, post surgery follow-up and my quick recovery show how he and his team have a really terrific way of treating you as a patient and a person.
in Silver Spring, MD |
Before I had my hip replacement, every medical professional that asked who my surgeon was said I was in great hands. My therapists since the replacement all comment on how good the incision looks with minimal swelling. From start to finish I've felt confident in my surgeon and recovery. It's been 3 weeks and so far so good. I don't think hip replacement is ever easy but Dr. Hiram made it as comfortable as possible for me. I'm grateful I was referred to him.
Greenbelt MD |
Very knowledgeable and very kind. Wonderful job on my hip replacement.
in Rockville MD |
This is my second knee replacement procedure with with the doctor. I find him very easy to talk to and also very straightforward about the procedure. The results from the first procedure were excellent, and I'm hopeful that it will be with this one as well
in Washington, dc |
He is an Outstanding doctor with an Excellent bedside manner and Does not mind answering questions.
in chevy chase md |
He and his staff did a fantastic job. I could not be more pleased with the attention and care I have received. I would not hesitate a second to recommend him to others. I have in fact said so to many people. Great job and care. Nat Finkelstein
in Bethesda, MD |
Dr. Siram has done 2 knee replacements in 2 years on me. He is compassionate & cares about his patients unlike any orthopedic surgeon I have ever had. He listens to what you tell him & devotes enough time for patient to ask questions/concerns. Despite being young, his expertise & knowledge is on a much higher level than surgeons who have been operating for more than 20 years. Outstanding orthopedic surgeon!
in Silver spring MD |
Very good and great manner. I enjoyed talking with him. Extremely reassuring. Ashley was also excellent.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Siram not only made me feel like this Right-Hip replacement was the right procedure for me, he and his team made me aware of Pre-Op, and Post-Op needs, options and expectations. He left me with no doubt that I would have the left hip replacement surgery done by him and his 5 star team.
in King George, VA |
Dr Siram is one of the most exceptional physicians I have ever experienced. He has performed two partial knee replacements for me with the same consistently amazing results. Beyond his medical expertise his staff and the facilities he uses are superb. Regarding the partial knee replacement procedures, I did not require the use of crutches with either one and was able to climb and descend stairs normally after a week. The pain was minimal. With the second one I did not require any pain meds.
in Reston, VA |
Dr. Siram is great. He is attentive, patient, extremely knowledgeable, personable, a great communicator and accessible. Most importantly, my post surgical results have thus far been great. I'm so thankful and proud to have him as my doctor.
in Silver Spring, MD |
With Dr. Siram and his support team, I enjoyed clear communications and expectations throughout the partial knee replacement procedure (including essential preparations before the procedure, careful and conscientious post-op care while still in Sibley Memorial, and then later while recuperating at home. With follow-up calls, e-mails and visits from an in-home physical therapist, I felt supported throughout the entire experience, and felt reassured that all parties were in the loop at all times.
in Kensington, Md |
Dr Siram was recommended to me by my orthopedic surgeon, who was retiring. He said "if I were getting a knee replacement, this is the guy I would want. Dr Siram recommended only a partial knee replacement, which surprised and delighted me. His personality and bedside manner are excellent.
in Washington DC |
Dr. Siram is a wonderful surgeon. He is very conscientious, thorough, and responsive. He listens well to concerns and always responds in a caring and understandable manner. I thoroughly recommend him.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Siram and his team are professional, highly competent, and genuinely interested in the welfare and individual needs of his patients.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Siram and his team are knowledgeable and friendly. My right hip replacement has been a breeze! I appreciate how much they are in contact with me during the recovery period, reminding me about medication, safety, and other post-op concerns. I would definitely recommend Dr. Siram to anyone who needs a hip replacement.
in Silver Spring, MD |
Dr. Siram performed my second knee surgery. I highly recommend him. His staff answered all my questions and concerns promptly. I had the stitched removed by Kelly who was super nice and thoughtful. I am very grateful to him and his staff.
Washington, DC |
I highly recommend Dr. Siram. I am just two weeks out from total hip replacement and my recovery has been speedy. Dr. Siram has been direct and confident. He's a bada - -! Using the Healthloop app to stay in touch is awesome and Dr and staff responsiveness is nearly immediate. I feel there is room for improvement at the reception desk. Scheduling appointments has been annoying because the person I've been speaking with has been difficult.
in Aberdeen, MD |
Dr. Siram is very thorough about answering questions both before and after the procedure. He responds very promptly to questions phoned or emailed in. He contacts you personally when necessary. His staff is also very responsive.
in Hyattsville, MD |
Will definitely recommend Dr. Siram. Extremely knowledgeable, great communicator, breaks things down so you can fully understand everything. Does not rush in answering questions. Makes you feel comfortable with procedures and explanations.
Have you seen Dr. Gautam Siram, MD?
Are you Dr. Siram?