Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD

Pain MedicineMaleAge 40

Pain Medicine

Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Sterling, VA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Uva Culpeper Medical Center and UVA Haymarket Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD

DMV Spine and Pain

46090 Lake Center Plz Ste 102 Sterling, VA 20165
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Pain Medicine Specialists

Compare Dr. Bhatia with our nearby Pain Medicine Specialists at Reston Hospital Center.

Make an appointment at Reston Hospital Center today at (703) 923-8975.

These providers are on the medical staff of Reston Hospital Center.

Dr. Bhatia's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bhatia

Outstanding Practice Dr. Bhatia is Truly The Best!
Dr. Bhatia is truly the best in his field. He not only takes the time to get to know you and listen to your issues, he talks you through all of your options and explains everything that he’s going to do for you. He is a very unique doctor and the fact that he truly has compassion and cares for each of his patients, you are not just a folder in his hand you are a person. He has a wonderful staff, they go above and beyond and are extremely kind and friendly. When you walk in they know you and they care as well. I absolutely love this practice. I would recommend Dr. Bhatia to anyone and if I ever moved out of state I would travel back just for him.
Kim Coughlin – Nov 02, 2022
The best.
Dr. Bhatia is by far the best pain doctor. He listens and truly cares about his patients. I encourage anyone who is looking for a great pain management Doctor to give Dr Bhatia a try. You will not be disappointed.
Sep 29, 2022
The best pain doctor
Dr Bhatia provides a high quality caring and personable approach to patients and is very attentive to questions and comments. He not only places high priority on immediate pain relief, but also continues to pursue the cause of the pain to achieve the most comprehensive treatment. I was referred to him by Dr. Pateder, who was the only one of three spinal surgeons I saw who did not recommend surgery for treatment. This was very fortunate for me because, after a series of injections, Dr. Bhatia was able to identify the primary cause for my sciatica was proximal hamstring tendinopathy. Not only that spinal surgery would have had no benefit in resolving this, most of the exercises recommended to me, by others, for sciatica were counter-productive. Through injections, medications and the use of specialized cushions, my pain levels have been significantly reduced to a more manageable level where I can expand my activities. I also appreciate the quality of service from his primary assistant.
LEFant – Jul 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD?
Highly recommend with no reservations.
After years of pain and numerous specialists and procedures. I was taken aback by Dr. Bhatia. He clearly explained options, outcomes, and his treatment plan. Sam, his right hand' assistant helped obtain my records after my efforts with portals and technical staff proved futile. On the day of my spinal epidural injection, Dr Bhatia, noted I was stressed and 'stiff'. Despite a full waiting room, he had already gone through my health records, took his time to put me at ease as though I was his only patient. He talked me through the procedure and it was over. Every aspect in the delivery of care services provided were exemplary. Also commendable and very telling is the well coordinated exchange and communication with Sam. This was my first night with no excruciating back pain. It doesn't get better than this!
Mehr – May 19, 2022
Spinal Stenosis
Dr. Bhatia is a throw-back to ages past when doctors truly care about their patients. Not just their injuries, but someone who is interested in you the person as well. He has the demeanor of a best friend who cares. I have been treated with steroid injections by him. I can not say enough about his professionalism and true care and concern. He is a top notch, A-class individual and Doctor in my book. Never lose your style Dr. Bhatia. It is very loving.
Jeffrey Butts – Mar 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD?
If you are experiencing discomfort, go see Dr. B!!
Dr. B is someone that has helped both my husband and I tremendously. He is one of the easiest Physicians to talk with that I’ve ever met, he works closely with you, assuring you understand your situation and your options. He works with you through every aspect to find what works best for you. Do yourself a favor, go see Dr. B, he will give you and your condition his full and complete attention!!
Jean – Mar 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD?
Dr Bahtia is the BEST. He makes you feel like you are his only patient. Always pleasant and explains everything.
Mar 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD?
Absolutely the Best Pain Management physician!
Dr Bahita has been literally a life saver for me! When I first saw him my husband and I had been transferred to Virginia and the rules were changing for pain management. I had seen several different doctors who refused to take my case. Dr Bahita took me on as a patient and it has now been nearly 4 years and I am doing so much better! When I first came to him I was spending most of my time in bed in pain and had a very limited quality of life. I now have my pain under control and I actually started my own business last fall. My life has greatly improved and it’s all thanks to Dr Bahita’s treatment plan, injections and his amazing bedside manner and his incredible positive attitude which is infectious! His staff (Samantha) is so helpful and friendly that going to see them is such a pleasure! I highly recommend Dr Bahita and I am so happy that he now has his own practice and I wish him and his staff the very best! Can’t wait to see your new office!
Holly Kim – Feb 28, 2022
Excellent, caring physician
Kathy C – Sep 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD?
I can't say enough good things about Dr.Bhatia and his medical assistant, Sam. I feel years younger. This last visit (my 2nd cortisone injection) was completely painless because Sam and Dr. Bhatia reviewed my case before I arrived and remembered from my first visit how difficult it was to find a clear path due to the osteophyte build up in my spinal column. This time, Dr. Bhatia went even slower, feeling for any resistance before proceeding to avoid any "lightning strikes." We talked through it together. Participating in my own treatment was empowering. Dr. B isn't just a pain management guru, he's a rare, holistic healer, because he understands how stressors in our lives exacerbate other pains, and he gets to know you very quickly before applying treatment. He's got all the skills of a medical doctor, a nurse, and a psychologist. He truly cares your health, well being, and quality of life. Could you honestly ask for anything more?
Scott LaRocca – Jul 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD?
Dr Bhatia is awesome and an excellent Doctor! I highly recommend him!
Bernadette Cillan – Feb 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD?
Dr. Bhatia is outstanding. He listens and you never feel rushed. He pinpointed exactly where the problem and began treating it. I can move better and am active once again. I would recommend him to everyone.
Dec 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD?
I have a chronic back condition and I have been a patient of Dr. Bhatia's since 2015. He is an excellent doctor who provides excellent care. In addition to spinal epidural shots he has helped me with care suggestions to set and to achieve healthy goals and lifestyle for my individual needs (i.e. physical therapy; weight loss; medical massage, etc.). My experience is that Dr. Bhatia listens and he cares and he expects me to be a part of my healthy goals. I am very happy with his care.
Cynthia Hargest – Dec 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD?
Dr. Bhatia is excellent with pain management. I have suffered for years with lower back pain and now neck pain due to scoliosis. He has done injections in my lower back which made the pain go away. Recently, he gave me an injection in my neck (which I swore no one would be doing and I would rather have surgery). I now have no pain and highly recommend this doctor for his patience and kindness and amazing skill. This morning I was able to walk over a mile and hope to get back to my 3 miles soon.
Nicole Jones – Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD?
I was suffering excruciating pain from a ruptured lower back disc and while battling the pain, I also was fighting my awful insurance company, Cigna Virginia Connect. Not only was Dr. Bhatia gentle and compassionate, but he carefully explained all of my options and he agreed to administer an epidural immediately because he was concerned the coronavirus epidemic could close everything down. The injection brought me blessed relief in about 4 days for the first time in five months and I am improving every day. Dr. Bhatia not only called to check up on me, but contacted my insurance company and they agreed to cover the costs of the procedure, which I had paid out-of-pocket. Dr. Bhatia is the very model of a caring and competent physician.
Nell Sanders – Mar 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD?
He is an excellent physician and managed my care superbly. I had chronic pain from back issues and he helped me get through a very rough period with no ill effects from his treatment. I was on opioids for over a year and a half and he prescribed these judiciously and properly. I also received several epidural injections periodically that brought significant relief. I was fortunate to have surgery on my back which relieved all of the pain I was having. I saw him for pain management post-operatively and he handled that problem excellently. Now, I am pain free altogether and no longer am taking opioids. I was able to stop those medications without any problems; not having any symptoms of withdrawal. Dr. Bhatia had an excellent manner with me and always listened well to me about my concerns and addressed those concerns competently and thoroughly with language that I easily understood. I highly recommend him to anyone who is in need of pain management.
Brian Dighton – Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD?
He listens carefully, explains everything clearly. He is kind and everything you want in a doctor.
Nora – Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD?
Dr. Bhatia is an outstanding. top-drawer physician. He looked me in the eye, listened to all of my questions and answered them all with total candor and honesty. And, best of all, his treatment worked like a dream and with no pain. Credit should also go to Dr. Bhatia's two excellent assistants, Sammy and Shemila. What a team!
William Ritz – Oct 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD?
I’m so glad I found Dr. Bhatia. He is very knowledgeable and friendly and answered all of my questions with patience. When I had difficulties with a previous doctor and insurance approval, he made sure to work with them to get me the treatment I needed.
Sep 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Bhatia. He's everything a patient would want in a doctor. Besides being an excellent doctor, he is warm, caring and listens to the patient. I've never seemed rushed while in his presence. He is very professional yet has a sense of humor which I find refreshing in a doctor!
Mar 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaurav Bhatia, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bhatia?