Dr. Gary Wortz, MD

Dr. Gary Wortz, MD

Ophthalmology  ·
Dr. Gary Wortz, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Lexington, KY and has been practicing for 3 years. He graduated from University of Louisville School of Medicine in 2004 and specializes in ophthalmology.

2353 Alexandria Dr Ste 350

Lexington, KY 40504

• Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Wortz

See how frequently Dr. Wortz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cataract Removal Surgery
Glaucoma Surgery

Dr. Wortz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Wortz ""People come to me from all walks of life and with different sets of expectations. My job as an eye surgeon is to listen to my patients so that I can properly understand the their problems, and develop a treatment plan that will satisfy them. With advances in technology, I am now able to offer more treatment options in order to customize the results for each patient.""

• Ophthalmology

• Glaucoma Surgery
  • Laser Surgery
  • Ocular Prosthetics
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Vitrectomy
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• Asbury University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Laser Refractive Surgery Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

• Mensa Member, 2007 - Pre
  • American College of Eye Surgeons- First Place in the National Bloomberg Memorial Resident Cataract Competition, 2008

Dr. Wortz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wortz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wortz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wortz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wortz to family and friends

Dr. Wortz's Performance

Dr Wortz is no longer with the practice he was with when he did cataract surgery on my husband. He never saw him again after the procedure. Another practice took care of him and had to have another procedure to correct the problem.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

I am really sad to learn about this through the internet. As can happen in any profession, new opportunities can cause physicians to change practices. It is the responsibility of the original practice to continue caring for the patients, or to refer them to the doctor at the new location. I am sorry that you felt disconnected from my care. I only wish I had the opportunity to see him and discuss the options with you myself. However if I am not informed about a situation I am unable to help.

I want to brag on the nursing staff and how comfortable they made me feel before my cataract surgery. I felt very comfortable and care for from the office staff, to nursing staff, to my surgeon. Even the young man who wheeled me out to my vehicle that day, made me feel cared for. I would recommend...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Very nice doctor, courteous, pleasant, and confident.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
The entire team at Commonwealth Eye Surgery center is worthy of high praise. Dr. Wortz was the surgeon who did both of my cataract and Toric implant procedures this month. He provided a gentle laser procedure to break up the cataracts and precision in implanting the lenses. Nice man.. excellent...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Worx was very impudent and non responsive to patient concerns. There was an extensive wait time in the office. The whole setting resembles an assembly line. I think that when you have to wait so long that they bring you snack crackers that it is getting just a little on the overbooked to...more