Dr. Gary Wexler, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Gary Wexler, MD
Dr. Gary Wexler, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Wexler is affiliated with Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center and Good Samaritan Medical Center.

Dr. Wexler's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gary Wexler's orthopaedic expertise is in the field of knee and shoulder injuries. He has received subspecialty training in the arthroscopic treatment of complex knee and shoulder injuries. He is presently Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery at Good Samaritan Hospital.

Dr. Wexler's Experience

See how Dr. Wexler's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wexler

Dr. Wexler accepts 19 insurance carriers

Dr. Wexler is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Wexler has admitting privileges.

Dr. Wexler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wexler to family and friends
    3.1
    Dr. Wexler's Performance
    Jupiter, FL |
    Worst excuse for a doctor I have ever seen. Spent all of a minute and a half looking at my daughter's sprain. He was rough with her and had ZERO bedside manner. Acted as though we were bothering him with our questions and then ordered x-rays that were not needed. We never went back to him. The whole visit felt as though we were rushed out to make money for him as quick as possible. I have never left a negative review before but wanted to save someone else from making a mistake by going to him.
    in Palm Beach Gardens |
    Dr. Wexler is kind and caring, and makes you feel like all he has to do is worry about your care. He's a wonderful doctor!
    in Jupiter, FL |
    I have going to Dr. Wexler for years now. He is our family Orthopedic Doctor. I trust him completely. He is caring , knowledgeable and experienced. He takes time to explain treatment plans and options. His office staff is incredibly caring and accessible .
    West Palm Beach, Fl |
    I badly sprained my ankle and could not walk on it for 3 weeks. My first time seeing Dr. Wexler, he was very fast and was not gentle with my ankle. I spent 175 dollar to be told to ice my ankle and the second appointment spent the same amount to be told he has "nothing to tell me " and I'm on the right track. I was trying to ask questions and he literally had one foot out the door. Very rushed and seems to not care about the patient, which is not good for business.
    in Stuart, FL |
    Injured my shoulder in a biking fall. PBOI took 3 xrays of shoulder. Wexler took one look at the 1st xray, asked what happened, diagnosed an acromial fracture but said he couldn't be 100% sure w/o MRI. Not one look at 2 other xrays or even a physical exam. My portal visit summary shows meds I'm not on, info on caring for knee injuries. Zero bedside manner. I would give zero starts if I could. Don't waste time with this guy, unless to get lab work done quick, then go to someone competent
    West Palm Beach, FL |
    If you want a doctor who will spend a lot of time with you, Dr. Wexler is not the one for you. I had prepared for my visit by bringing recent images. He spent a minute or two reviewing the images and then took his own MRI. He compared the images and gave me a recommendation to visit a physical therapist. After a few weeks of physical therapy I'm happy to report "That was exactly what I needed". Significant improvement.
    Jupiter, FL |
    Worst ortho doc I've ever seen! Sloppy work, doesn't take the time he should. Missed a complete tear of my supraspinatus tendon (rotator cuff) tear because he didn't take the time to investigate (fibers were still intact from the top). It cost me my job and and additional surgery, lots of additional pain ad lost time. When I told him I was still having pain, he told me "there is nothing more I can do for you, It's all coming from your neck, and that I needed to see a Psychiatrist."
    in Palm Beach, FL |
    I was a little hesitant about seeing Dr. Wexler because I did not have the recommendation of a friend. But, this was a great choice. He was kind sympathetic and extremely efficient and knowledgeable. Good Sam had read my Xrays as a fracture but Dr Wexler was not too sure about that and so he took another X-ray just to be sure. Well, he was right in his suspicion because the new X-ray was clear that there was NO fracture - just a very bad sprain. He is a wonderful doctor!!
    in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
    I read the previous reviews prior to my visit today, which had left my with limited expectations. However my experience was extremely positive. Dr. Wexler was attentive, interested conservative in his approach and very helpful. As a healthcare professional myself I feel I can provide the reader with an objective analysis. I highly recommend Dr. Wexler.
    in North Palm Beach,Fl |
    I was treated by Dr. Wexler for almost 1 year after I suffered a very serious debilitating shoulder injury. From my initial consultation,surgery and after care Dr. Wexler was always concerned polite professional on time and knowledgeable. I can be considered a difficult patient but Dr.Wexler was always available to patiently answer my many questions and put my mind at ease. His staff is equally professional. I highly recommend Dr. Wexler
    in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
    He is polite, professional, on time, to the point, very knowledgeable and caring. i would and will recommend him and the facility.
    in Jupiter, FL |
    not surprised to see a low rating. His poor attitude, lack of interest in clients is clear. In three visits, he each time spent less than four minuets with me. Last visit he asked how I was and what I wanted to do, taken back as this was a followup to review a MRI he had schedule . I told him, well maybe we should look at my MRI. He seemed surprised than clicked the computer and pulled it up. explained it suggested therapy and left. I made the nurse bring him back. I will not see him again.
    in West Palm Beach, FL |
    have never reviewed anything in my life, but this place is a joke and if one person doesn't go because of this review I will have done them a service. All they care about is getting your money. Spent 30 seconds with mr Wexler who had no time to ask me any questions.. Not that he would have cared anyway. Wrote me a scrip for a drug that I didn't want and sent me to PT. not to mention they spelled my name wrong and never fixed it after asking 3 times. Run like a business not a doctors office
    in Palm beach gardens, fl |
    If you don't have to go to this doctor, don't go. His staff is extremely unprofessional and you are better off going some place else. This office only cares about getting your money. They don't care about fixing your problem. Run from this doctor, don't walk.
    in Jupiter, FL |
    After reading other reviews, I was a bit hesitant to see Dr. Wexler. After doing additional research (which including the opinions of another doctor) I chose Dr. Wexler to do my knee surgery. He doesn't take a lot of time with you but my surgery went well and I am on the way to a good recovery. I was very happy with my decision. If you want a doctor who will sit and chat he is not your guy. If you want a no-nonsense doctor who will give you good treatment with good results, he is your guy.
    in Palm Beach, FL |
    I actually never did get in to see him. I had an appointment at 9:00am, arrived promptly, and left after 45 minutes of no indication of how much longer I would have to sit and wait. 5 people were taken ahead of me when the arrived AFTER me. My time is valuable as well, and this certainly wasn't appreciated.
    Have you seen Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
    Are you Dr. Wexler?

Dr. Wexler's Care Philosophy

Dr. Wexler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Wexler has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wexler's Board Certifications

• Bicep Muscle Strain
    • Bone Cancer
    • Elbow Bursitis
    • Elbow Disorders
    • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
    • Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia
    • Heroin Withdrawal
    • Hip Pointer Injuries
    • Knee Arthritis
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Lupus
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

University Cincinnati

Completed in 1998

Stanford University

Graduated in 1989

Dr. Wexler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wexler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine

• Excision of Femur or Knee
    • Excision of Tibia or Fibula
    • Foot and Ankle Dislocation Treatment, Closed
    • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
    • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
    • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed