Dr. Gary Wexler, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 53

Dr. Wexler

Palm Beach Orthopaedic Institute

4215 Burns Rd Ste 100 Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410

Dr. Gary Wexler, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine in 1992 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and sports medicine.

Dr. Wexler accepts

Dr. Wexler accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
First Health (Coventry Health Care) EPO
Galaxy Health Network
Golden Rule
Health Care District of Palm Beach County
Integrated Health Plan (IHP)
Neighborhood Health Plan
Prime Health Services
Private HealthCare Systems
Tricare
TriCare for Life
United Healthcare Life Insurance Company
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Wexler's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Wexler's Top Procedures and Conditions

Knee Disorders

Dr. Wexler treats Knee Disorders more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Wexler treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Joint Pain

Dr. Wexler treats Joint Pain more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Wexler treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)

Dr. Wexler treats Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear) more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Wexler treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

• Foot and Ankle Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle DislocationTreatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Joint Injection
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Trigger Finger
  • Wrist Disorders
  • Wrist Fracture

Dr. Gary Wexler's orthopaedic expertise is in the field of knee and shoulder injuries. He has received subspecialty training in the arthroscopic treatment of complex knee and shoulder injuries. He is presently Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery at Good Samaritan Hospital.

• Sports Medicine

3.0

Dr. Wexler?
Dr. Wexler's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Gary Wexler, MD
Gary Wexler spent almost no time and did no evaluation. He didn't touch or manipulate my elbow to find pain or issues, asked for zero history, no imaging, no question on severity of pain or cause of pain. No advice on whether I needed to rest the elbow. Actually, DID NOT ASK ABOUT ANYTHING except whether I wanted physical therapy with their people! Left after a couple minutes to "get prescription" and didn't return. 100% useless and total waste of time and money.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
Did very little to evaluate my injury. Spends about 10 minutes with you. Don’t understand why I was referred to a knee and shoulder guy when it was a spine injury. No pain meds, prescribed a back brace and PT. Did not approve neck MRI for over a month after injury saying it “wasn’t related”. Works for the insurance companies over patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
Cease you for 1 minute you're lucky to get the full 60 Seconds you call the office 52 minutes on hold to leave a voicemail to make another appointment nobody gets back to you for weeks get someone else if you can
Prompt!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
Dr Wexler's care and surgery was superlative. He operated on my 92 year old mother's broken hip. No complications with surgery and great follow up post op with care and attention. Dr Wexler was very responsive in every way. He is the Best WPB has to offer!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
I had a terrible experience wit Dr. Wexler. Spent less than 5 minutes with me. Looked at x-ray of back. Told me I had arthritis of both hip and curvature of the spine. Told me I am "wearing out." Did not ask what brought on my terrible back pain. Left office to send in nurse who fitted me for a back brace. She told me he was finished. He did prescribe 2 meds. Just awful experience. Zero personality. Never said goodbye or to call. Are Medicare patients treated differently?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
I wish I would have read the reviews first - Dr. Wexler has -0- bedside manner and spent maybe 1-2 minutes with me. Looked at X-rays, didn’t really even look at my ankle. Made me feel horribly unimportant to him and since I didn’t have a broken bone (only arthritis) that I was wasting his time. He left so quickly I thought he must be coming back, but finally a nurse said and I’ll give you the prescription. Not going back. Tremendous automation in office so maybe they’ve forgotten how to be human
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
Dr wexler Was prompt on time and very professional along with knowing how to fix my knee Could not be happier with him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
Worst excuse for a doctor I have ever seen. Spent all of a minute and a half looking at my daughter's sprain. He was rough with her and had ZERO bedside manner. Acted as though we were bothering him with our questions and then ordered x-rays that were not needed. We never went back to him. The whole visit felt as though we were rushed out to make money for him as quick as possible. I have never left a negative review before but wanted to save someone else from making a mistake by going to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
Dr. Wexler is kind and caring, and makes you feel like all he has to do is worry about your care. He's a wonderful doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
I have going to Dr. Wexler for years now. He is our family Orthopedic Doctor. I trust him completely. He is caring , knowledgeable and experienced. He takes time to explain treatment plans and options. His office staff is incredibly caring and accessible .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
I badly sprained my ankle and could not walk on it for 3 weeks. My first time seeing Dr. Wexler, he was very fast and was not gentle with my ankle. I spent 175 dollar to be told to ice my ankle and the second appointment spent the same amount to be told he has "nothing to tell me " and I'm on the right track. I was trying to ask questions and he literally had one foot out the door. Very rushed and seems to not care about the patient, which is not good for business.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
Injured my shoulder in a biking fall. PBOI took 3 xrays of shoulder. Wexler took one look at the 1st xray, asked what happened, diagnosed an acromial fracture but said he couldn't be 100% sure w/o MRI. Not one look at 2 other xrays or even a physical exam. My portal visit summary shows meds I'm not on, info on caring for knee injuries. Zero bedside manner. I would give zero starts if I could. Don't waste time with this guy, unless to get lab work done quick, then go to someone competent
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
If you want a doctor who will spend a lot of time with you, Dr. Wexler is not the one for you. I had prepared for my visit by bringing recent images. He spent a minute or two reviewing the images and then took his own MRI. He compared the images and gave me a recommendation to visit a physical therapist. After a few weeks of physical therapy I'm happy to report "That was exactly what I needed". Significant improvement.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
Worst ortho doc I've ever seen! Sloppy work, doesn't take the time he should. Missed a complete tear of my supraspinatus tendon (rotator cuff) tear because he didn't take the time to investigate (fibers were still intact from the top). It cost me my job and and additional surgery, lots of additional pain ad lost time. When I told him I was still having pain, he told me "there is nothing more I can do for you, It's all coming from your neck, and that I needed to see a Psychiatrist."
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
I was a little hesitant about seeing Dr. Wexler because I did not have the recommendation of a friend. But, this was a great choice. He was kind sympathetic and extremely efficient and knowledgeable. Good Sam had read my Xrays as a fracture but Dr Wexler was not too sure about that and so he took another X-ray just to be sure. Well, he was right in his suspicion because the new X-ray was clear that there was NO fracture - just a very bad sprain. He is a wonderful doctor!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
I read the previous reviews prior to my visit today, which had left my with limited expectations. However my experience was extremely positive. Dr. Wexler was attentive, interested conservative in his approach and very helpful. As a healthcare professional myself I feel I can provide the reader with an objective analysis. I highly recommend Dr. Wexler.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
I was treated by Dr. Wexler for almost 1 year after I suffered a very serious debilitating shoulder injury. From my initial consultation,surgery and after care Dr. Wexler was always concerned polite professional on time and knowledgeable. I can be considered a difficult patient but Dr.Wexler was always available to patiently answer my many questions and put my mind at ease. His staff is equally professional. I highly recommend Dr. Wexler
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
He is polite, professional, on time, to the point, very knowledgeable and caring. i would and will recommend him and the facility.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
not surprised to see a low rating. His poor attitude, lack of interest in clients is clear. In three visits, he each time spent less than four minuets with me. Last visit he asked how I was and what I wanted to do, taken back as this was a followup to review a MRI he had schedule . I told him, well maybe we should look at my MRI. He seemed surprised than clicked the computer and pulled it up. explained it suggested therapy and left. I made the nurse bring him back. I will not see him again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wexler?

Palm Beach Orthopaedic Institute

• Sat: closed
    • Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Wexler treats patients.

Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center