Dr. Gary Wexler, MD

Dr. Gary Wexler, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 50 years old

Dr. Gary Wexler's orthopaedic expertise is in the field of knee and shoulder injuries. He has received subspecialty training in the arthroscopic treatment of complex knee and shoulder injuries. He is presently Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery at Good Samaritan Hospital.Read more

Dr. Wexler's Experience

See how Dr. Wexler's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wexler

Dr. Wexler accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Wexler has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Wexler
Dr. Wexler's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (42)
West Palm Beach, FL |
If you want a doctor who will spend a lot of time with you, Dr. Wexler is not the one for you. I had prepared for my visit by bringing recent images. He spent a minute or two reviewing the images and then took his own MRI. He compared the images and gave me a recommendation to visit a physical therapist. After a few weeks of physical therapy I'm happy to report "That was exactly what I needed". Significant improvement.
Jupiter, FL |
Worst ortho doc I've ever seen! Sloppy work, doesn't take the time he should. Missed a complete tear of my supraspinatus tendon (rotator cuff) tear because he didn't take the time to investigate (fibers were still intact from the top). It cost me my job and and additional surgery, lots of additional pain ad lost time. When I told him I was still having pain, he told me "there is nothing more I can do for you, It's all coming from your neck, and that I needed to see a Psychiatrist."
in Palm Beach, FL |
I was a little hesitant about seeing Dr. Wexler because I did not have the recommendation of a friend. But, this was a great choice. He was kind sympathetic and extremely efficient and knowledgeable. Good Sam had read my Xrays as a fracture but Dr Wexler was not too sure about that and so he took another X-ray just to be sure. Well, he was right in his suspicion because the new X-ray was clear that there was NO fracture - just a very bad sprain. He is a wonderful doctor!!
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
I read the previous reviews prior to my visit today, which had left my with limited expectations. However my experience was extremely positive. Dr. Wexler was attentive, interested conservative in his approach and very helpful. As a healthcare professional myself I feel I can provide the reader with an objective analysis. I highly recommend Dr. Wexler.
in North Palm Beach,Fl |
I was treated by Dr. Wexler for almost 1 year after I suffered a very serious debilitating shoulder injury. From my initial consultation,surgery and after care Dr. Wexler was always concerned polite professional on time and knowledgeable. I can be considered a difficult patient but Dr.Wexler was always available to patiently answer my many questions and put my mind at ease. His staff is equally professional. I highly recommend Dr. Wexler
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
He is polite, professional, on time, to the point, very knowledgeable and caring. i would and will recommend him and the facility.
in Jupiter, FL |
not surprised to see a low rating. His poor attitude, lack of interest in clients is clear. In three visits, he each time spent less than four minuets with me. Last visit he asked how I was and what I wanted to do, taken back as this was a followup to review a MRI he had schedule . I told him, well maybe we should look at my MRI. He seemed surprised than clicked the computer and pulled it up. explained it suggested therapy and left. I made the nurse bring him back. I will not see him again.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
have never reviewed anything in my life, but this place is a joke and if one person doesn't go because of this review I will have done them a service. All they care about is getting your money. Spent 30 seconds with mr Wexler who had no time to ask me any questions.. Not that he would have cared anyway. Wrote me a scrip for a drug that I didn't want and sent me to PT. not to mention they spelled my name wrong and never fixed it after asking 3 times. Run like a business not a doctors office
in Palm beach gardens, fl |
If you don't have to go to this doctor, don't go. His staff is extremely unprofessional and you are better off going some place else. This office only cares about getting your money. They don't care about fixing your problem. Run from this doctor, don't walk.
in Jupiter, FL |
After reading other reviews, I was a bit hesitant to see Dr. Wexler. After doing additional research (which including the opinions of another doctor) I chose Dr. Wexler to do my knee surgery. He doesn't take a lot of time with you but my surgery went well and I am on the way to a good recovery. I was very happy with my decision. If you want a doctor who will sit and chat he is not your guy. If you want a no-nonsense doctor who will give you good treatment with good results, he is your guy.
in Palm Beach, FL |
I actually never did get in to see him. I had an appointment at 9:00am, arrived promptly, and left after 45 minutes of no indication of how much longer I would have to sit and wait. 5 people were taken ahead of me when the arrived AFTER me. My time is valuable as well, and this certainly wasn't appreciated.
Have you seen Dr. Gary Wexler, MD?
Are you Dr. Wexler?

Dr. Wexler's Care Philosophy

Dr. Wexler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Wexler has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wexler's Board Certifications

• Bicep Muscle Strain
  • Bone Cancer
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia
  • Heroin Withdrawal
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

University Cincinnati

Completed in 1998

Stanford University

Graduated in 1989

Dr. Wexler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wexler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine

• Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Excision of Tibia or Fibula
  • Foot and Ankle Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Total Knee Replacement

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.