Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Gary Weiner, MD
Dr. Weiner has a broad range of clinical expertise. He provides care for patients with conditions and injuries of the shoulder, elbow, knee, and hip regions, utilizing both surgical and nonsurgical techniques. This includes arthritis; ligament, tendon, and cartilage tears; and sports injuries and fractures of the upper and lower extremities. Specific conditions and treatments include arthroscopic shoulder surgery for rotator cuff repair, tendinitis, and instability; arthroscopic knee surgery for meniscus and ligament tears, and arthritis; joint replacement and reconstruction procedures for the shoulder, knee, and hip; and surgical/nonsurgical fracture repair. Dr. Weiner remains on the cutting edge of technology, providing some of the latest state of the art techniques for joint replacement. For shoulder replacement surgery, in addition to the traditional shoulder replacement technique, Dr. Weiner performs reverse total shoulder replacement. This technique, introduced from a long-term successful European experience, has revolutionized the functional outcome for those patients with severe rotator cuff dysfunction, complex shoulder fractures, or failed previous shoulder surgery. Previously, these patients had no adequate medical or surgical solution. For knee replacement surgery, Dr. Weiner frequently utilizes a technique where personalized surgical instrumentation is matched to each individual patient's anatomy. With this technique a preoperative MRI of the knee is used to manufacture a custom bone-cutting guide that is used during surgery. This results in a more accurate fit of the knee implant, less blood loss, shorter operating time, and a knee replacement with potentially better performance and longevity. Dr. Weiner has practiced in the Scottsdale area since 2003 and is on staff at all 3 hospitals of Scottsdale Healthcare and Paradise Valley Hospital. He has served as an orthopedic trauma surgeon at Scottsdale Healthcare's level I Trauma Center. Dr. Weiner's mission is to provide excellent and compression patient care. He values his relationship with his patients and encourages ongoing discussion so orthopedic conditions are understood and treatment plans are decided together.

Main Office

10250 N 92nd St Ste 308

Scottsdale, AZ 85258

• Golden Rule
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Weiner

Expertise, compassion, and excellence in Orthopaedic care: this is the mission I have for every individual I encounter in my practice. I aim to personalize each person's orthopedic needs with their personal lifestyle. My approach is to safely return individuals with musculoskeletal injuries or problems to as high a functioning and productive level as quickly as possible. I believe in fully informing my patients of their orthopaedic problems and providing information so these problems are understood. I encourage patients to particpate with me in deciding on treatment plans when multiple treatment options are available and reasonable. Forming and maintaining relationships with my patients is important to me. My staff and I strive to maintain open lines of communication with our patients and facillitate timely responses to questions from patients that may arise. In short: your care is our greatest concern.

Dr. Weiner's Experience

Dr. Weiner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Glenoid Labrum Repair
  • Shoulder Reconstruction
  • Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of California At Los Angeles
  • Maricopa Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University California San Diego Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Weiner has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Weiner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Weiner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Weiner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Weiner to family and friends
Dr. Weiner's Performance
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Weiner and his staff are excellent. The staff is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. While there might be a delay occasionally at appointment time, I am confident it is because Dr. Weiner spends an appropriate amount of time with his patients. He seems genuinely concerned for the patient's welfare and is extremely thorough. He is friendly, professional and an excellent communicator.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Weiner is an excellent orthopedist and surgeon. He did a beautiful repair of a compound fracture of my left humerus about 7-ys ago and has since cared for two fractured patella for which surgery has not yet been necessary. He's highly skilled, ethical, an excellent communicator, and - bonus - kind!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I'm impressed with Dr. Weiner and team, all are friendly, efficient, professional. X-rays ordered so ready for appointment. His office very conveniently located w/i walking distance of imaging center (he recently moved) and staff there also friendly and efficient. No wait longer than 5 minutes for any part of my visit. Dr. has excellent 'bedside manner': thorough, listens, clarifies, doesn't use jargon to explain diagnosis. Highly recommend doctor and practice to anyone in need of an ortho doc.
Thank you for the positive feedback! My staff and I are committed to offering the best care we can.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I broke my ankle in two different places and he knew exactly what to do. Such a knowledgeable, attentive doctor! I would recommend him to anyone, he really cares and my ankle is back to normal. I can still be active and not have to worry about any type of pain. Can't thank him enough!!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Very competent doctor and staff.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I had my left knee replaced four months ago and the experience was amazing! Right out surgery I had 85% of normal flexibility and very little pain. They kept telling me the knee was going to hurt, but it really felt more like sore muscles (quads) for most of the first month. By the end of the second month I was off of all meds (was taking 1/2 dosage to ensure good sleep). The combo of Dr Weiner's skills and HonorHealth Shea care was perfect. PS. I highly recommend getting an adjustable bed.
in San Jose, CA |
The staff is very helpful and pleasant as well as kind and caring. Dr. Weiner is outstanding, good listener and explains in detailed condition and what he is doing. After 2 surgeries, I am delighted to have him as my physician.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Weiner did an excellent job with the surgeries and appointments. He was spot on and easy to work with. Very knowledgeable guy. Was told he was one of the best around. I do believe that Dr. Weiner's office staff was awesome. Always friendly and on top of things. Always got back to one in a timely manner and answered my phone calls!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
My visits here over the last 10 months have been excellent. The staff and the doctor go above and beyond the call. I would give 10 stars, by far the best.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Staff were always helpful - Doctor always explained all things so you could understand what is to be done. The people who came for physical at home were always professional. I would recommend Dr. Weiner to anyone
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Because I had unexpected surgery, I didn't not have any appointments scheduled until 2 weeks after the procedure. However, meeting Dr. Weiner at the hospital, I found him to be very thorough in his explanation of the surgery. No issues or concerns. Very pleased with the outcome.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
It would be very difficult to find an office staff more friendly, helpful, patient and charming than this one. Dr. Weiner is an excellent surgeon and I would recommend him and his office to anyone.
Phoenix, AZ |
He was terrible. He left my shoulder after an op in worse shape than before. We noticed problems in the post op chart; he closed the book and hurried away. I had to have a risky 2nd operation to mop up his grievous errors He didn't have a line on a PT or explain their importance He also always ran very late with no apologies. Make sure you find a doctor that loves shoulders and stay away from Dr Weiner
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Weiner is fantastic! He is very detail-oriented and he recognized that my hip replacement had special needs that were missed by another surgeon. Additional scans were ordered to get the information needed to do the surgery correctly. He modified my surgery to make sure I will have the best final results. Dr. Weiner and his staff are super-friendly, and spent plenty of time with us to make sure we understood everything from beginning to end. I would give 10 stars if I could!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I have been very impressed with Dr. Weiner and his staff. He is very professional and hist staff is very kind.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Very professional people. Pleasant and prompt. Complete explanations from the doctor.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Good fast, no problems encountered.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
We first met Dr. Weiner at the ER in Thompson Peak Hospital when my husband injured his foot in an accident. After he performed a tricky emergency surgery, my husband made a full recovery and we had no doubt Dr. Weiner would be our physician of choice in the future. My recent rotator cuff repair has been equally successful and hassle free. Dr. Weiner's staff is efficient, friendly and helpful and I had the same positive experience at the North Valley Surgery Center, which could not be faulted. W
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Always wonderful people at the office. Dr. Weiner was great and answered all my questions.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
The staff was very efficient and the wait time to see the doctor was less than most doctor's offices.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Weiner took his time with me and answered all my questions thoroughly. It was a bit of a wait time but as soon as I was able to see him I understood why. He makes sure to answer all questions and that I fully understood his plan for me.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I am most happy with the treatment received from Dr. Weiner. He is very up front but kind and attentive. I refer to him as the miracle man though he is most humble and I am sure this embarrasses him. Regardless, I would recommend him to anyone needing hip-replacement without hesitation!!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
It has been 6 months since I had my right knee replaced and I am thrilled with the result. I am back walking, climbing stairs, hiking, swimming and playing golf all without any pain. I wish I hadn't waited 10 years to have the surgery at 75. It has given me a new life.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Weiner's progressive approach to my shoulder problem made sense and was logical in his delivery. Very informative and kept me involved.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Weiner explained my surgery to my satisfaction and never implied that the recovery would be easy. I'm pleased with the surgery outcome.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Doctor visits have always been very easy and the staff is wonderful. Nothing than better than to have your ortho doctor say I hope to never see you again.
in Prescott, AZ |
Dr. Weiner is an excellent surgeon. I have had a full knee replacement and a hip replacement . The procedures were explained to me and I'm doing very well after the surgeries. I have complete trust in Dr. Weiner.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr Weiner pays attention to detail. He is extremely particular and thorough. At the same time very sympathetic and caring towards the patient I'm 79 years old and had total knee replacement. Throughout the entire procedure I felt comfortable and secure under Dr Weiners care.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Weiner is a fine surgeon and my hip replacement was an amazing experience.
in Phoenix. AZ |
Office atmosphere is pleasant and upbeat. I had an appointment with Dr Weiner today for a second opinion regarding a knee injury I sustained about two months ago. He examined the knee and asked several questions after he reviewed the X-Ray I had brought with me. He was not quick to go to the knife to perform a replacement surgery. He discussed several possibilities of what could be the problem and suggested an MRI to seen if there is a tear in the meniscus. A follow-up appointment was made.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Weiner and staff are very personable. Dr. Weiner takes whatever time you need to understand your issues/pain and is empathic. He explains procedures thoroughly and makes sure you understand.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
The overall experience went well, but I would be sure to book an appointment. The afternoon waiting time was brutal.
in Scottsdale |
He takes time and patience with you. He is a superb listener to conditions affecting and will give several solution rather than jumping to surgery. This is unique for a surgeon. You will enjoy the time spent with great office personel
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Weiner is concise, patient, competent and a pleasure to have as my ortho. The staff is helpful, friendly and cheerful.
Very pleasant, efficient.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
We met Dr. Weiner in Thompson Peak ER. I thought he was excellent. He is direct. He listens to the patient and the family. He allows all questions from everyone. He is clean in his directions, he is polite and as a physician he has delivered excellent care in the ER, surgery and post surgery!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Visit was great, everything on time and no problem. We couldn't have been treated better.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
The staff here was by far the best I've ever encountered in an office. They were so friendly and helpful and thorough. Dr. Weiner was the most amazing surgeon. I will recommend him as the very best surgeon to anyone. He is absolutely wonderful.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Weiner did everything I would expect a true professional to do. He explained the process to me and set expectations. I feel he exceeded my expectations as I have had a very find recovery. The staff made an excellent recommendation for physical therapy.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
All treatment, from the hospital emergency to the very last (9 weeks later) visit, Dr. Weiner and entire staff were fantastic to work with. As a first time injury, the care was A #1.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Weiner was very attentive and listened to what I had to say and followed through with suggestions and solutions. The staff was very nice and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Weiner to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Gary Weiner, MD?

Visit Dr. Weiner