Dr. Gary Varley, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Gary Varley, MD
Dr. Gary Varley, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Blue Ash, OH. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Varley is affiliated with University Cincinnati Medical Center , Good Samaritan Hospital, Bethesda North Hospital and Christ Hospital.

Dr. Varley's Experience

See how Dr. Varley's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Varley

Dr. Varley accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Varley is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Varley has admitting privileges.

Dr. Varley's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Varley to family and friends
Dr. Varley's Performance
in Cincinnati, OH |
I would highly recommend Dr. Varley to everyone, as I was extremely pleased with his personable service and caring attitude. His staff is to commended also, especially David. A delightful experience!!!!!
in Cincinnati, OH |
I have been a patient of Dr. Varley for many, many years and I would recommend him to everyone. He has always corrected any problems I have had with my eyes. My recommendations for him would be ranked as the highest. Also his staff has always been helpful and answered my questions which is comforting to me.
Lebanon, Oh. |
More than satisfied with contact with Dr. Varley and his staff in general. Have been and will continue to recommend my contact with CEI and the staff.
in Hamilton, Ohio |
I was satisfied with the Doctor's skills and the outcome of my surgery.
in Middletown, OH |
Dr. Varley did an excellent job of explaining the procedure to me and helped me understand the importance of my obligations to recovery.
Milford, OH |
I have been going to Dr. Varley for over 10 years and he is an incredible doctor! I highly recommend him. He is very thorough and really knows his stuff. I had Lasik done with him and I switched my eye practices just to go for him for my regular annual visits. He found an eye condition I had, that my previous eye doctor (at another practice) did not, and he was able to diagnose and treat it. Very thankful for Dr. Varley!
Germantown, OH |
Kind knowledgeable passionate and skilled. Fabulous physician with amazing passion for his work
Lebanon, OH |
He did my left eye cataract two years ago. It was successful. I needed the right one done this year. Again, he conducted a successful surgery.
in Batavia, OH |
Dr. Varley & the staff were great, I am pleased with the results and would recommend them to anyone needing his services!
West Chester, OH |
Dr. Varley is very patient to explain all details of the procedure as well as follow up care. He answers all questions to make the patient feel at ease. I would certainly recommend him to anyone.
in Milford, OH |
Very satisfied. The staff is outstanding and very professional. I still have the other eye to go and am excited to get it done.
in Lebanon, OH |
I have been a patient for 25-30 years and have always been very pleased with the high quality of care that I have received from Dr Varley.
Mason, OH |
Dr. Varley is very professional and takes his time to explain the procedure and risks. During my Lazik procedure he put me at ease with his bedside manner and humor.
in Camden, Ohio 45311 |
Dr. Varley worked rapidly and efficiently while making me feel relaxed during the procedure. He is obviously quite experienced in his field, and takes seriously the comfort of the patient.
in Monroe, OH |
Dr.Varley was so kind and explain everything that needed to been done! He did a great job and I definitely would recommend him to family and friends
in Englewood, OH |
Dr. Varley and his staff do an outstanding job at managing the entire patient experience. They make sure that you're prepared going into surgery and that you have all the tools necessary to have the best possible results and recovery moving forward!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Varley and his staff are very knowledgable and thorough. It was a pleasure being seen by him. Scheduling appointment was easy and time at appointment was acceptable given my eye exam
in Cincinnati, OH |
RLE surgery and am very happy.
in Cincinnati, OH |
He and his staff are very friendly and show a genuine concern for the wellbeing of his patients. Extremely professional, very knowledgable about the procedures he performs.
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr Varley is very friendly and easy to talk to. HE treats you with respect and is very knowledgable
in Mason, OH |
Very friendly. Took considerable time explaining everything.
Cincinnati, OH |
Extremely thorough and very cautious. I ultimately was not a candidate for lasik, but Dr. Varley clearly had my best interest in mind and did a great job explaining my options.
in Tipp City, OH |
I had lasik surgery with Dr. Varley in August 2001. I have continued to use him as my eye doctor since my eye doctor retired in 2001. He does a thorough eye exam and goes over everything with me. He is always professional, courteous and friendly. Would recommend him to anyone.
in Hamilton, OH |
Down to earth,caring individual. He and his staff are exceptional. What a great team.
West Chester, OH |
A great experience with Dr. Varley! He was extremely friendly and attentive to my needs. He made everything about my testing easy to understand.
in Troy, OH |
Dr. Varley is very good at what he does. He always makes me feel like he truly remembers me every time I see him.
Courteous , very professional and treated me as an old friend. I felt very comfortable with his evaluation and recommendations.
in Monroe, OH |
It was probably just a case of bad timing but Dr. Varley was in a hurry to get to a surgery and I felt very rushed by him when I had my appointment. I feel very frustrated that I have a bill waiting to be paid at home for $149.00 for the few moments I was able to spend speaking to Dr. Varley. This seems like a serious case of over-billing for the time I spent with him.
in Miamisburg, OH |
I would highly recommend Dr. Varley. Professionalism at its best. Now have better that 20/20 vision. Excellent staff and overall experience was exceptional.
in Dayton, OH |
CEI in general is employs some of the best eye doctors in the country, and Dr. Varley is a key contributor. His level of detail and perfectionism make him ideal for Lasik procedures. He will not perform the procedure unless the equipment is in optimal working condition. Additionally, he uses the latest and greatest in Lasik technologies to best ensure ideal results are obtained.
in Hamilton, OH |
I had a great experience with Dr. Varley. He is very talented doctor.
Dr. V is the best. He has been my eye doc for many years. I would not consider seeing anyone else.
Have you seen Dr. Gary Varley, MD?
Are you Dr. Varley?

Compare Dr. Varley

Dr. Varley's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Varley has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Varley's Board Certifications

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Cleveland Clinic Foundation

Completed in 1988

University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics

Completed in 1989

Dr. Varley does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Varley and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology