Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO

Interventional Pain MedicineMaleAge 57

Dr. Theofilis

John P Murtha Neuroscience/Pain

1450 Scalp Ave Ste 2100 Johnstown, PA 15904

Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO is a Interventional Pain Medicine Specialist in Johnstown, PA. He is affiliated with Northside Hospital Forsyth. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Theofilis to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Interventional Pain Medicine Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Theofilis' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Theofilis treats this condition more than 88% of his peers

Fibromyalgia

Dr. Theofilis treats Fibromyalgia more than 74% of his peers

Dr. Theofilis treats this condition more than 74% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Deposition Disease-Related Fibromyalgia
  • Epstein Barr Virus-Related Fibromyalgia
  • Major Depressive Disorder-Related Fibromyalgia
  • Primary Fibromyalgia
  • Rheumatoid Arthritis-Related Fibromyalgia
  • Secondary Fibromyalgia
  • Sleep Disturbance-Related Fibromyalgia
  • Tension Myositis-Related Fibromyalgia
Hide other areas of care

Dr. Theofilis' conditions and procedures:

• Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Theofilis accepts

Dr. Theofilis accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Theofilis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Theofilis

3.9

Dr. Theofilis?
  • Office environment (46)
  • Staff friendliness (44)
  • Appointment scheduling (43)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (14)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (14)
  • Appointment was rushed (13)
Dr. Theofilis used to be a great doctor to whom I looked forward to seeing every month for my appointment for my chronic pain conditions. I'm not sure what happened over this past year, but he has been seeing upwards of 90 patients a DAY! One doctor, 90 patients. In ONE day. That is criminal. I have since moved on to a different practice as I feel the quality of care has sharply declined as the level of greed has increased. It's only a matter of time before there is a medical mishap or a forced closure by the medical board and I'd rather not be left having to scramble for a new doctor.
Disappointed – Jun 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
Dr. Theofilis has made everyday living bearable. I receive rare and professional care, that's hardly found in this day and time. Thank you, Jeffrey Arwood
Jeffrey Arwood in Social Circle, HI – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
Dr. T is the best at what he does! He relates to you on a personal level and doesn't talk "above your head". He treats me for addiction/recovery and I've never felt more at ease on my road to recovery than I do now with him as my doctor. I would recommend him to anyone!
M.S. in Cumming, GA – Jun 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
Went to this Dr for my neck pains from a injury I sustained due to a motorcycle accident. I explained to him that this pain causes me to have severe headaches and the inability to turn my neck somedays. He refused to look at the scans from my doctor showing the injury he accused me of just wanting pain medicine so I politely got up and went to leave before I could get out the door he threatened to call the cops on me and was trying to take pictures of my tag on my vehicle.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Adam in GA – Jun 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
Dr. T is no doubt good at what he does, but if you are looking for someone who resembles an actual human being, he is not a good choice. His lack of empathy coupled with what must be an ego problem leaves what I considered to be one of the most disrespectful men I have ever come in contact with!
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
Dr Theofilis is a great pain management doctor taking the time to listen, and you can be honest with him. Wait times are 5-10 mins to see him, and normally waiting room has 1-2 people with plenty of sitting room. Dr. Theofilis will work with you in any way he can, and has personally called me on my cell phone for an update to getting me on a schedule that worked, he went above, and beyond in doing so and made a big impression me. Office is clean, and the bathroom is also clean. If your looking for a good pain management doctor I highly recommend "Dr. T"
May 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
Dr. Theofilis is a very professional, compassionate, highly educated physician. He will do everything in his power to find the root cause of your pain. I had had 20+ female surgeries for endometriosis, fibroids, cysts and vaginal prolapse. He figured out what was causing my severe pain, took me from laying on a couch to a life I can now enjoy! I am working full time, traveling the world, hiking, fishing and I don’t have to worry about the long car ride! Thank you for giving me my life back Dr. T
Apr 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
Pathetic, dishonest and incompetent, always putting patients down. Please never go to this doctor.
Apr 01, 2019
Dr. Theofilis sits on the Forsyth County Drug...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
Dr. Theofilis is a very smart physician that really knows his stuff. I had been in pain for a month and it was increasing very rapidly to the point where I could barely walk. I had been on several medications that didn't help. After a thorough exam, he diagnosed exactly what was going on and told me I needed surgery. A few weeks later I had neurosurgery and have been pain free since. Thank you!!!
Eric in Dawsonville, GA – Mar 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
I was new to Dawsonville. Coming there with mystery issues basically and Dr. T was compassionate and willing to LISTEN and investigate my issues carefully and came to several conclusions other docs had missed. He has a very pleasant and GENUINE demeanor that allows the patient to feel safe in opening up. I would recommend him to anyone - I have been returning to Georgia to see him specifically even though I have since moved because I have never had a doctor make me feel hope until him. Thanks
Bex in Charlotte , NC – Sep 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
Dr Theofilis is the most thorough, caring, ethical, and competent doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He honestly cares about his patients, treating all with respect and dignity. The staff at Arilex is respectful, experienced, and caring. I am in the healthcare field, and I have seen many physicians not take time with patients and not understand the full picture of each individual. This is not the case at Arilex. Each patient is treated equally. I highly recommend Dr. Theofilis
Jill in Cleveland – Apr 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
Dr Theofilis is an extremely caring and understanding doctor. He goes out of his way to meet his patients needs on a much more personal level than any doctor I have ever been to before. He is very knowledgeable, up to date, honest and personable. I would highly recommend him to anyone I know!
Mar 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
After a year of seeing numerous specialist and being told repeatedly surgery is out of the question, I had no other option but to see a pain specialist. I saw four before finding Dr. Theofilis. He diagnosed me and prescribed a pain medication that does not keep me "high" rather, helps my pain and allows me to continue living a productive life. When first seeing him, I could barely walk in the office and now I live my life, similar to before my pain began. He's been a blessing to me.
Elaine in Suwanee, Georgia – Feb 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
Dr. T is an phenomenal doctor that listens and provides individualized care. He has helped me more in the last few months than any doctor I’ve seen over the last 2 years!
Jennifer in Cumming, GA – Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
My husband & I have both dealt w/ chronic pain & health issues, myself since puberty, & my husband since a debilitating accident in 2001 that lead to his bk amputation 2 yrs ago. That being said, it has always been a ridiculous struggle to find real health CARE. Since beginning to see Dr. T, over 2 yrs ago, we now feel like we have a doc in our corner, someone willing to help us & actually take CARE of us. He's what docs used to be, he is the best doc we've had in our lives. So grateful for him!
Brooks Family in Cleveland – Jan 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
Excellent provider experience. Dr. T deliberately runs a small and personalized practice so that the patient receives proper care. I was experiencing non pain related discomfort from a recent surgery late into the night on Dec 23. My surgeon’s office was closed, however, Dr. T was able to get me some relief and “saved Christmas”. I imagine this is how doctors treated patients 50 years ago...where you feel “cared for” and not just rushed through the office visit!
Haley in Atlanta – Dec 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
If you want a doctor who is unprofessional, unethical, immature, and not board certified in pain management- he's the doctor for you. I would not recommend him to any friends or family after seeing how he practices.
Atlanta, GA – Aug 25, 2017
This was posted by an employee of ANCORA Pain...Read More
Not impressed
Jul 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
I seen Dr Theofilis at the John's Creek location for 1 year (2016-2017). Since 1998 I suffered from well documented medical conditions such as severe peripheral motor and sensory neuropathy, back and neck problems. Dr Theofilis is the ONLY doctor who has brought my pain to a tolerable level. He is the most caring and understanding doctor I have ever personally known !!! He cares about the whole you and his knowledge and expertise go far beyond just pain management. I VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM
Wilma Williamson in Dahlonega, GA – Jul 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?
Dr t is the best in pain management ive been going to almost two years he take time to listen to you has been the only pain dr that really tried to relive my pain he will set down an talk on how best wat to treat you i live in Georgia but 3 weeks a month I'm having to go to Tennessee to take care of my dad an first words to me when i go see him is how's my dad he really cares from his heart an understand me on how to help me so lucky to have found him i highly recommend him
Charles wright in 108 alice bridge way woodstock ga. 30188 – Jul 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Theofilis, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Theofilis?

As an Osteopathic Physician I strongly believe in the principles set forth by Dr. A.T. Still.  These osteopathic principles are: The body is a unit,...Read more

Dr. Theofilis is Board Certified and Fellowship Trained in Interventional Pain, Addiction, Integrative & Aesthetic Medicine.

He that has...