Dr. Gary Stephens, DO

Perinatal Medicine ·  Male · Age 60

Dr. Stephens

Dr. Gary Stephens, DO is a perinatal medicine specialist in Knoxville, TN and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from A.T. Still University Health Sciences/Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 1986 and specializes in perinatal medicine and obstetrics & gynecology.

Make an appointment

Dr. Stephens accepts

(865) 541-2020

Dr. Stephens accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check if Dr. Stephens treats your condition or procedure

• Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Sickle Cell Disease
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thrombosis
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Stephens

Dr. Stephens?
Dr. Stephens' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Gary Stephens, DO
Very good doctor and compassionate. He delivered my baby girl. I was very sick in hospital before delivery and after and he can and checked on me 2-3 times a day. Definitely recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
Dr. Stephens was wonderful through out my entire high risk pregnancy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
He was so caring and just down to earth. When Dr Rousis could not deliver me Dr Stephens stepped up. I could not have been more comfortable with him. I highly recommend him if ever experiencing any high risk issues. He was wonderful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
Dr. Stephens is wonderful! During my high risk pregnancy, I trusted him every step of the way and he took great care of us. Look forward to working with him for the next baby!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
He delivered and/or assisted in the birth of 3 grandchildren. Might I add that each birthing event was high risk. I can't express fully my respect and gratitude for this doctor. We are fortunate he is available in Knoxville, TN. Dr. Gary Stephens is the best in professional knowledge, compassion, work ethics...Rarely found in one doctor. God bless you Dr. Stephens.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
Dr. Stephens is amazing! You can tell that Dr. Stephens and Dr. Roussis both care a lot about their patients! If you need a high risk doctor in the Knoxville area I highly recommend them! The whole staff at the perinatal center is amazing. They made sure they did everything to make sure everything with my daughter and I turned out great! They are truly amazing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
I had a great experience with Dr. Stephens and Dr. Rousis and all the office staff! I loved everyone! The nurse practitioners are amazing! Cheryl, Cynthia, Christy, Jennifer, and Donna. I loved them all! I will come here for every pregnancy. I can’t say enough great things!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
I had the worse experience at Oak Ridge Obgyn in 2011. Dr. Hayes delivered our first child by emerg c section. Terrible experience, & complications with baby at birth because of it. Fast forward 6 years later we find Fort Sanders Perinatal. Dr. Stephens delivered our baby by c sect and it was the best experience ever! I felt great & in very mild pain that evening. I mostly seen Christy at the office. She is the absolute best! Very caring & always so happy! I will forever go there! She's amazing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
Dr. Stephens is wonderful. Due to some issues with my previous provider I needed to find a new provider during my last couple of months of pregnancy. I was referred to Fort Sanders Perinatal Center... Ironically , my previous office had sent me here for more in depth testing at one point. Dr. Stephens was the one who delivered my healthy baby boy via C-Section. Dr.Stephens did an excellent job and was amazing! Very easy going and great bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
I had both my children with Fort Sanders Perinatal Center. They're efficient and caring staff made my pregnancies a lot easier. Dr. Stephens delivered both my children. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
WOW I can't say enough about this office & its staff! They are hands down the best at what they do. ???? The level of care that I received was/is outstanding. I could have never imagined that I would be taken care of as well as I was/am. Every person I encountered showed me kindness & support. Thank you all so much for the top notch care that you gave/give to me & my sweet Olivia. Without you she would not be here! ??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
Dr. Stephens is wonderful! I feel confident in saying that Dr. Stephens is extremely knowledgeable. His laid back personality is comforting during high risk pregnancies. He is super friendly and takes time to answer questions. I highly recommend Dr. Stephens and the staff at Fort Sanders Perinatal Center.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
Kind. Spent time explaining things in detail. Thorough!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
I saw Dr. Stephens several times throughout my pregnancy with my son in 2014 and he delivered my daughter in November of this year (2016). He is an amazing, knowledgeable, and caring doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
Dr Stephens is her very compassionate, intelligent, and listens to his patients. He his her efficient. He saved my daughter in a critical situation. He was fast in his actions and feel like of it wasn't for his concern to come in and be there to check on me during induction things may not have gone as good. She is healthy and I am so appreciative.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
Dr stephen and the entire staff of the Fort Sanders Perinatal group are excellent providers. We were considered a High risk pregnancy- which means more frequent visits than regular ob appointments. They are extremely throughout and left no stone unturned. Your health and the health of your baby are their top most concern. I highly reccommend the entire staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
Dr Stephens has been with me in the journey to have all 3 kids and I wouldn't go anywhere else! He is thorough and friendly and compassionate and I have never felt better taken care of! With all pregnancies being high risk, it was essential that I felt comfortable ans the staff here is amazing! Highly recommended and respected! He is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
Dr. Stephens is an incredible physician. He is patient, informative, and overall just exceptional. I saw him with both of my pregnancies and always felt like I was in the best possible care. He has excellent bed side manner and extremely knowledgable. I would recommend him a thousand times over. The group is amazing as well and I loved the NP's with his group too. I can't imagine having gone through my pregnancies anywhere else. I will always be grateful for him and his excellent care!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?
Dr. Stephens and his staff are truly exceptional. He helped me through two pregnancies. I had complete confidence in him, his knowledge and abilities. He was always very caring and thorough and gave me all the time I needed at every appointment. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Stephens, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Stephens?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Stephens treats patients.