Dr. Gary Slaughter Jr., MD

Dr. Gary Slaughter Jr., MD

Dermatology | Male | 47 years old

To provide our patients with excellent dermatologic care and service. Enhance patient care with new EHR system with modernizing medicine to decrease poor outcomes with patient charting. Give personal care and enhance the patient's experience. Commercial pilot completing over 300 missions to Charlotte Dermatology satellite clinic. Medical air transport of Angel flight Mid Atlantic take patients to medical appointments. Dr. Slaughter embracing technology made him the company's EMR user thrusting him as the successful doctor completing the government initiative for meaningful use. Read more

Charlotte Dermatology PA

Learn about this Doctor

To provide our patients with excellent dermatologic care and service. Enhance patient care with new EHR system with modernizing medicine to decrease poor outcomes with patient charting. Give personal care and enhance the patient's experience. Commercial pilot completing over 300 missions to Charlotte Dermatology satellite clinic. Medical air transport of Angel flight Mid Atlantic take patients to medical appointments. Dr. Slaughter embracing technology made him the company's EMR user thrusting him as the successful doctor completing the government initiative for meaningful use.Read more

Dr. Slaughter Jr.'s Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Slaughter Jr.'s experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Slaughter Jr.

Dr. Slaughter Jr. accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Slaughter Jr. has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Slaughter Jr.'s Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Slaughter Jr. to family and friends
3.1
Experience with Dr. Slaughter Jr.
Dr. Slaughter Jr.'s Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (79)
in Charlotte, NC |
I have been a patient of Dr. Slaughter for almost 2 years now. I highly recommend him and have already referred several friends to Dr. Slaughter. He spends time to calm my fears when needed with respect to pre-cancerous skin issues and treats me with respect. In his care and guidance, I am confident I can manage my skin issues proactively. His staff is also very accommodating especially with last minute schedule changes. A++ in my book and I have visited many derms in the area! A+
Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Slaughter was excellent. He took the time to explain all of the skin changes that I was seeing and what I should be concerned with and what I should not be. I completely trusted his judgment. He was very thorough and personable.
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr slaughter and his staff are kind, thorough, and caring. My experience has been nothing short of fantastic.
Cary, NC |
Don't believe the lastest reviews that guy is RUDE!!
Charlotte, Nc |
Dr. Slaughter is the best doctor I have ever seen! He has treated my 16 yr old for acne and has taken care of me for the last 5 years. He is easy to talk to, extremely knowledgeable and I always see fast results. I appreciate all that he has done for my family.
Charlotte, Nc |
I went to 2 other doctors to cure my skin condition before finding dr. Slaughter. He was able to diagnose and prescribe medications that made me feel like myself again. Not only was he kind and helpful he also gives back to the community. He is an outstanding dermatologist and I would highly recommend!
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Slaughter is an outstanding doctor, and I have been his patient for 10 years. He has kept me free of skin cancer, and is very friendly and personable.
in Clover, SC |
I was a former patient and now a returning patient. Dr. Slaughter removed a precancerous lesion with no issues. I saw him recently after going to another dermatologist who looked at me from six feet away and prescribed some cream and sent me on. I have had skin issues from sun damage and Dr slaughter listens to me, examines me and treats me accordingly. I would highly recommend him.
in Charlotte, NC |
I started seeing Dr Slaughter for routine skin checks due to childhood sun exposure. He has been treating me for about 5 plus years. Last year I had a biopsy for possible skin cancer. After a positive biopsy I had MOHs surgery to remove SCC. I have been very pleased with his level of expertise as well as his honesty and kindness in explaining all aspects of any treatment I've received.
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Slaughter was very friendly, concerned and accommodating. He gave me several options and is assisting in attacking the source of my acne from all areas. His staff was very friendly and my experience was very positive.
in Charlotte, NC |
To echo my 5-star review, Dr. Slaughter and his staff have been extremely helpful to me with a variety of my issues. Dr. Slaughter is great! He is extremely knowledgeable and dedicated. I?ve consulted many MDs in my life, and it?s rare I?ve found one as knowledgeable, accommodating, and concerned as Dr. Slaughter.
New York, NY |
He was caring and very knowledgeable.
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr Slaughter is amount the best of the best. His attention to details and knowledge are stellar. I constantly recommend him to friends, colleagues, and family.
District Heights, MD |
Dr. Slaughter was superior. . He was able to get me in right away and the surgery was so quick. His bedside manner and staff was best I have ever seen. The office was so nice and comfortable and the assistant was very professional. I would highly recommend this office and the doctor.
Charlotte, NC |
Dr Slaughter helped my daughter heal her acne. Very knowledgeable. and he gave me a prescription that we were able to get for free.
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Slaighter appears very compassionate regarding his practice. He presents as very knowledgeable as well. During my appointments ,he listens to all my concerns and thoroughly examines me. He has always been pleasant and professional. He was very diligent about treating my children during their adolescent years.
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Slaughter is very knowledgable and diagnosed my case instantly. No wasted extra time and I was able to start my day sooner. I see lots of negative reviews, but I think they all had bad days and took it out the wrong we. I would strongly recommend him!
in Rock Hill |
He solved my son's eczema, on the first visit. He's very direct with his answers, which is what I liked about Dr. Slaughter.
in Charlotte, NC |
He is an excellent dermatologist. I have been to four other dermatologis the in the area and he was the first to give me a medication that works really well for my skin condition. He is very thorough and a great listener. I would definitely recommend him to friends and family.
in Charlotte, NC |
I read the reviews and it seems as if the people have had a different experience than me. Dr. Slaughter was an excellent Doctor. Gave me free medication when I was down and out. Cleared my problem. His staff were great. The EHR they had gave me a list of what I had. We need a Doctor like him to stay in Charlotte and don't let the negative people run off great professionals in our community. I have heard about him for years as GREAT! He really is the best Derm in Town.
in Charlotte, NC |
Woke up with my face swollen & a bad rash on my checks, ears & eyelids. Dr. Slaughter was the only doctor open for a same day appt. I told him i woke up in the middle of the night w/ a rash burning & itching. It was the second time w/in a week. He insisted it was sunburn even though I hadn't been in the sun. He didn't check my vitals, inspect the rash or view other areas for spreading. He insisted i wear sunscreen.. I know the dif. b/w sunburn & a patchy rash. Time & money down the drain.
in Charlotte NC |
My 1st visit with him was very unpleasant, he came off to me as Rude and condescending, I was very frustrated with him, as well as my Doctor for referring me there.This Doc said that people come to him with skin problems, and he prescribes medicine to help. I asked him the if he could tell me why my skin would get hives in different areas @ different times and disappear within 24 hrs. he didn't give me an answer, he just suggested some cream to apply for 2 weeks. A waste of my time and money
in Charlotte, NC |
I am a new patient and was shocked on how bad Dr Slaughter was, honestly the rudest Dr. I have ever seen. Hi answers to questions sounded unintelligent and he said a side effect to a drug was that it could like hurt the fetus or something. He then threw in my face all of his experience and tried to name drop about working with the Hornets. SERIOUSLY-do NOT see this Dr, what a huge waste of time and just a bad experience overall.
HE IS VERY FRIENDLY VER KNOWLEDGEABLE AND CONCERENED
Charlotte, NC |
We were very shocked at his extremely incompetent, unprofessional and unpleasant attitude. He was very condescending, rude, flippant and admittedly ignorant of basic and important diagnostic, prognostic and treatment communication. The many reviews here confirmed we weren't the only ones who had the worst experience ever. At the very least, he needs significant training in doctor patient communication. We've informed our primary care doctor who removed him from their referral list.
in Charlotte, NC |
This was my 1st visit. Usually when you are a new patient the doc is more attentive and concerned. He came off slightly condescending, and unsympathetic-Had the audacity to tell me I was OLD b/c I wasn't in my 20's - I'm in my early 40's. When I asked him about a side effect of a medication, he went on some tangent about how the world trusts Google search more than real doctors. Not my cup of tea.
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Slaughter is awesome. On-time appointments and the staff is friendly. Had several moles removed via laser. Minimal discomfort and no scarring.
in Charlotte, NC |
My experience with Dr Gary Slaughter was good. The nurses and medical assistants were exceptional. I have had 2 visits to the office in a 2 week period. I would recommend them to friends and family.
I actually read a bad review and disregarded it because I wanted to give this Doctor the chance of meeting him. His receptionist, Jennifer didn't provide any customer service. She was completely rude and did not want to answer the questions I had regarding scheduling a visit. Her tone and brief I informative answers were very unprofessional. This is not someone I would like to have answer phones at my place of business. She should definitely reconsider the way she speaks to clients.
in Charlotte, NC |
He has a great personality and solved more than just the problem I went to see him for. Definitely would recommend him to anyone I know. Very helpful and kind :)
Very rude and condescending. Terrible doctor. Laughed at my condition and offered no help.
in Myrtle beach sc |
Totally unprofessional rude condescending and unknowlegeable
in Charlotte, NC |
I went to Dr. Slaughter for itchy skin which is one of his areas of expertise according to this site. I got 2 skin biopsies. I was a little puzzled from the results and wanted to consult with him to get further clarification. Well, I guess that was just too much for him to do and he told me that whatever skin issues I have (still unknown) are out of his scope of understanding, so he dropped me as a patient. Basically, do not go to him unless you have a skin condition he can make money from!!
Medford, OR |
Dr. Slaughter healed my son's eczema and was the 3rd doctor I have seen to finally get results.
in Charlotte N C |
Extremely disappointed with this doctor. Very difficult to communicate with. I am 58 years old and he is the worst Doctor I ever saw. I would not recommend this dr to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Gary Slaughter Jr., MD?
Are you Dr. Slaughter Jr.?

• Dermatology

• Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigoid

• Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin Tag Removal

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Meharry Medical College

Graduated in 1997

University of Alabama
    University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

• Pilot Group EMA Adoption project, 2013

Dr. Slaughter Jr. has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Slaughter Jr. does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Slaughter Jr. and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Slaughter Jr.'s experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

×

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Slaughter Jr.

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Slaughter Jr.'s Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Slaughter Jr.

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Slaughter Jr.'s Care Philosophy