Dr. Gary Lourie, MD

Dr. Gary Lourie, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Gary Lourie, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Alpharetta, GA. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

3400 Old Milton Pkwy # 350

Alpharetta, GA 30005

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Lourie

See how frequently Dr. Lourie performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ganglion Cyst
Osteoarthritis of Hands
Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Dr. Lourie's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neuroplasty
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Revision of Shoulder or Elbow Replacement
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Duke University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Mt Sinai Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Duke University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Indiana Hand Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Lourie has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lourie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lourie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lourie's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lourie to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Lourie's Performance
    GOOD
Fairburn, GA |
This doctor has to be one of the most arrogant people I’ve ever dealt with. I highly recommend not wasting your time. So rude. I cannot believe someone can be that full of themselves. Dr. Klugman in his office is the same way. Very condicending and rude. Made my son feel unintelligent for being an athlete. As if he weren’t as smart as an academic would be, was the impression I got. Staff is very friendly but the doctors definitely aren’t. I was shocked at the way we were treated.
Roswell, GA |
I was refer'd by NSH colleagues who worked w/him in the OR or had surgery by him. He is a gifted hand surgeon but he is a verbally abusive man to his staff & patients when stressed. I have been the brunt of his quick temper and firestorm of words! He had a very well rehearsed apology afterward. Probably coached by his attorney. If you can overlook that you will be in good hands! No pun intended. . His office staff and surgical center is excellent! Would I go back to him? Probably not!
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Have seen Dr. Lourie several times over the past years. I find him exceptionally knowledgable, able to communicate in an understandable manner, has a sense of humor, and is considerate and kind. He is very busy but takes the time to answer all questions. I have definately recommend him to family and friends. The office staff is very friendly and efficient.
Atlanta, GA |
I am not one to negatively judge someone in the medical profession but this is where I have to draw the line. Dr. Lourie is one of the most unprofessional, condescending, anxious physicians I have met. He has major issues with stress management that even his staff feel uneasy with. This man not only belittled my 15yr old son but told him he was having phantom pain from a 3 week old ligament tear in his thumb. Actually said he had too many patients to spend time w us. Avoid him!
Alpharetta, GA |
I am a former patient of Dr. Lourie. Without sounding crazy, let me just say don't see him. His bedside manor and the way he treats his staff is appalling. You can hear him through the walls talking poorly about his patients and even his staff. If you do see him, make sure to listen outside your room, his voice carries. Also if he says he has an emergent phone call from California, don't believe him. He says it all the time to get out of the room. Please do yourself a favor and don't see him.
in Hamilton, GA |
This man is the best around! He demands the best from his staff and is honest and straight-forward. I have never met a doctor who seemed so invested in my family and our little girl. My daughter who was three at the time suffered a horrible treadmill burn to the underside of two of her fingers, causing them to contract as they healed. The surgery went smoothly as did all post-op care and visits. Today we are 6 months post-op and she has full extension and function! He is top of the line!!
Easley, SC |
Would definitely recommend Dr. Lourie. Excellent experience all-around. Friendly and helpful staff. We drove four hours for his expertise and would do it again without question.
in Atlanta, GA |
I think Dr Lourie is the absolute best! His staff is outstanding and efficient. He's busy, but so worth the wait. I feel my hands are in excellent hands......a most competent and thorough physician.
Marietta, GA |
I was a new patient, and Dr Lourie saw me immediately. He directly arranged my therapy sessions with the OT specialist. I received excellent care from the doctors and all staff.
in Loganville, GA |
I have had 6 trigger finger release operations and trust Dr. Lourie COMPLETELY!!
in Marietta, GA |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Lourie. He is very knowledgeable and thorough. He explains what the injury entails, what will be the process to heal it. He has a sense of humor which is refreshing, particularly with his patients who are young. He is not an alarmest, keeps it simple and clear to understand. He is open to questions. He is a bit on the serious side, however his sense of humor does come through. Highly recommend him.
in Atlanta, GA |
I've never been treated so poorly by a doctor than how I was treated by Dr. Gary Lourie. Gary Lourie was completely rude to me. After his examination of my fracture, I asked if he had a moment for me to speak with him. He stated (and I quote), I'm really busy and don't have time to speak with you. I was appalled and offended - I've NEVER been treated that way by a doctor EVER! His lack of patient care was unacceptable and disappointing. No recommendation from me...
in Mcdonough, GA |
After a horrific head on collision, I needed extensive repair work, which included two surgeries (a third on the way). Dr. Lourie is extremely knowledgeable, kind, and compassionate. I feel extremely comfortable and confident in his abilities. Saw me as an emergency; best referral EVER. His staff is excellent as well. I've been under his care for a year (with at least another 9 mths to go), I'm really happy with his work.
in Atlanta, GA |
I was referred by another surgeon i have used in the past. I drove 2 hours to get to my appointment to find out that he had an emergency earlier in the day and that he was running behind by 2 hours. i understand those things happen, but his staff could have called to inform and given me the choice to come in or reschedule..they did not. I found his staff rude and unsympathetic. Anyways, 2 hours later, his staff said no more patients could be seen for the day...I lost 1/2 days pay...for nothing
Have you seen Dr. Gary Lourie, MD?
Are you Dr. Lourie?

• CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Net
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio