Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM

Lepow Foot & Ankle Specialists

6624 Fannin St Ste 1690 Houston, TX 77030

Se habla Español

Se habla Español

Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM is a podiatry specialist in Houston, TX and has been practicing for 43 years. He specializes in podiatry and podiatric foot & ankle surgery.

Dr. Lepow accepts

Dr. Lepow accepts the following insurance:

Advantage
State Employees Program
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas POS
Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Cigna Healthcare of Texas POS
United Healthcare EPO
United Healthcare HMO
United Healthcare POS
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Lepow's experience treating your condition or procedure

4.2

Dr. Lepow?
Dr. Lepow's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM
This is the first review I have written for Dr. Gary Lepow even though my family and I have seen him numerous times over the years. Today I went in for a broken toe, and I can say without reservation I was treated as professionally as possible. Dr. Lepow and his staff were courteous and caring, and Dr. Lepow answered all my questions. In fact, he spent so much time with me I though I was monopolizing his time from other patients. This is eactly how you want to be treated: respectfully, professionally, and not feel rushed. Thank you Dr. Lepow for your care and follow up call to see how I was doing. If only all doctors were like this!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
Dr. Lepow treated me for two separate foot issues. He performed surgery on my foot and the recovery was quick and the pain in both cases was minimum. He took the time to answer all my questions and I never felt rushed. He even called me at home after the surgery and again after I had injured my foot in a separate case. His care was excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
When you sign paperwork you aknowledge that the doctor will benefit from all tests and exams he orders. It now makes sense why he ordered $500 dollar inserts, FOUR MRI's, a nerve study, and three prescriptions from some online pharmacy for overpriced, over-the-counter medicine. My bill woukd have been close to $4,000 out of pocket, but my better judgement told me not to go through anything. Unfortunately, I did buy the inserts that are not helping with anything. As for the interactions, Doctor Gary was quick to speak, slow to listen. When I went back to pickup my inserts (which I unfortunately bought), he forgot about all the tests he ordered, SMH. Since them I've see a different doctor and now am fully convinced my time at doctor Gary's office was a waste of time and money.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
I saw Dr. Gary about 25-30 years ago for an ingrown toenail procedure, and had to have the same procedure again recently, so I came back to him. He is simply the best!! I was very apprehensive about the procedure however he talked me through it, explained each and everything that he did, was very positive, and I would surely recommend him to anyone with any foot/ankle issues. He had also performed another surgical procedure on my foot in prior years as well. His staff is kind, caring and courtious, very prompt and efficient. Dr. Gary is very personable and he will put a smile on your face!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
I am a retired ballet dancer. I used my feet to their maximum capacity. I retired, but my feet didn’t. Ballerina feet never retire! Good foot care is essential. At some point you will need something fixed ... an ingrown toe nail, a collapsed metatarsal, ball of feet pain, heel pain, Morton’s neuroma, broken toe, bunions from high heels - feet HURT. Dr. Lepow is very much a foot expert. He is kind, he smiles, he is compassionate and for what it’s worth, he always wears great shoes and great ties.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
Dr. Gary Lepow is an excellent surgeon and extremely attentive before and after surgery as well as during follow ups. I can recommend him wholeheartedly with the full understanding that he will only surpass expectations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
I was well please with ( Dr. Gary M. Lepow) doing my Surgery on 12/31/18. This is not my first experience with him . I also used him back in 2006 with a great out come of healing and experience. I will always use Dr. Lepow and only him as my podiatry. This has always been my experience with him. no pain, courteous, efficient, knowledgeable, comforter. He is the best podiatry in town and I would recommend him to another.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
I saw dr. Gary Lepow for 3 different cases (over last 14 years). Two of which were previously treated by other doctors (and had complication and required further interventions) and only dr. Lepow was able to fix it. Dr Lepow is a top-notch professional. He is an excellent surgeon and listens to his patients. I can recommend him with confidence!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
Had an appointment with Dr Lepow for a nail issue. I had seen him 2 years prior for surgery to correct a hammer toe. Instead of addressing the issue at hand,Dr Lepow used the time of the appointment to berate me about how I didn’t do a second follow up on the first procedure. It was completely unnecessary. Sorry I’m not giving you a free $60 for nothing. He is pretentious and arrogant.The whole experience (appointment, wait time, staff) was ignominious.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
Dr. Lepow is a great podiatrist. I had a bunion removal in August and felt totally prepared going into surgery. My recovery was uneventful and exactly what he said it would be. I sometimes even forget I’ve had surgery! His staff is very friendly and I am in and out of his office quickly. One thing that I really like about Dr. Lepow is his bedside manner. He truly cares about his patient and their well being. Definitely an A+ from me!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
Excellent doc at correctly diagnosing and then fixing pain in my right foot I have had for 2 plus years that others had no success treating. Goes above and beyond to explain situation. His nurses are cordial but average. He is GREAT!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
Worth the drive into town for this excellent care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
My PCP recommended Dr. Gary Lepow. I had a heel spur & tears in my tendon & had been dealing with pain for a very long time. I got an appointment easily, no wait had xrays & great explanation with Dr. Lepow. His office scheduled my MRI & back I went for the results. Again, no wait & perfect explanation. As of today, I am 6 days post-op & I had my 1st follow-up. Again, no wait, wonderful attention, explanation & painfree bandage change. I’d also like to say I have had ZERO pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
Dr. Gary Lepow was courteous, efficient, and very knowledgeable. I had a foreign object in the bottom of my left foot, 7 our of 10 bruised toenail beds and was checked for diabetic neuropathy. I highly recommend Dr. Gary Lepow.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
just wanted to add that dr lepow will come thru on my shoes and make good on them (per previous review) said there was an error in billing and it should be correctable with insurance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
My trusted internist recommended Dr. Lepow when I was having serious foot pain, and I was impressed that he didn't force any surgery on me - although it was obvious I needed it. I did have surgery, and so far my recovery has been fine. Dr. Lepow is very experienced, and it shows. My surgery was fairly complicated, but things are progressing well. Dr. Lepow and his staff are professional and friendly, and I have never had to wait very long to see the doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
After 2 years of constant pain Dr Gary Lepow was able to diagnose and treat my son’s foot issue. The ease of his personality was able to calm my son’s nerves. The staff was also friendly, professional and very helpful with helping me understand my insurance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
First they made me wait for nearly two hours telling me that they are going through my insurance and when I got the bill, it was nearly 900$ for which no explanation was given and neither my consent was asked to do what ever debriment was done, which was done only on one foot, but the treatment said it was done on both the foot and was charged, which I did even know that the insurance would not cover. I would never recommned anyone to go there. Worst experience ever
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
I was referred to Dr. Lepow by a trusted friend and I could not be more pleased. His staff is respectful and very helpful with complying with my company's strict medical leave policies. Dr Lepow himself is a genuine nice man--excellent bedside manner, explained each procedure to my understanding, and always spent the time necessary to answer any questions I may have had. And, most importantly....he did a super job surgically!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?
Absolutely terrible service. After initial appointment when insurance was verified. They refused to make next appointment as they wanted to contact employer HR department. They refused to explain why they need to contact employer. They just charged us for a consult and unnecessary xray.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Lepow, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Lepow?

I have always felt it is most important to inform patients of their condition, refer them to additional information, and review treatment alternatives based on my many years of experience in practice, teaching students/residents, publishing in peer r...

• Podiatry

pending completion of thesis
University Of Texas School Of Public Health
1974
1970

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Lepow treats patients.

Compare Providers