Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD

Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD

Dermatology  ·
Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD is a dermatologist in Manasquan, NJ and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from Albany Medical College in 1984 and specializes in dermatology.

2640 Highway 70

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check Dr. Karakashian's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Karakashian's Top Procedures and Conditions

Abscess or Fluid Incision and Drainage

Dr. Karakashian performs Abscess or Fluid Incision and Drainage more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Karakashian performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration

Dr. Karakashian performs Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Karakashian performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

• Acne Surgery
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

2.8

Dr. Karakashian?
Dr. Karakashian's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD
Dr. is good, nurses are ok, however his office/receptionist needs more training in dealing with the public and paper organization. Receptionist is definitely unprofessional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
I've been going to Dr Karakashian for over a decade . He is kind , very professional and knowledgeable. I go to his Manasquan office and have no trouble getting a quick appointment . Very satisfied with Dr Karakashian
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
I find Dr. Karakashian kind, knowledgeable and accommodating. Yes, there might be a little wait in the office, but that's what happens when a doctor is busy. I never feel rushed when it's time for my appointment and I'm happy with the outcome. I appreciate Dr. Karakashian.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
I was billed incorrectly. The doctor inflicts a lot of pain. I still have a dent in my leg from the last procedure done in January and it's now May. Stitches were taken when the wound should have been left alone. A perfect small scab had formed. Bad idea to go to this Doc. Sad outcome, because the very first time I called I was seen immediately - a relief because a scaly spot began bleeding. First treatments went OK (though painful) but things went downhill.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
I waited over 1 hr in an overcrowded waiting room to see him. He did not introduce himself nor ask about my medical history. His exam was the least thorough I have ever experienced. He told me to return to remove several moles. I did not return to him as there was much of my body he did not examine. I went to another derm and received a very thorough exam. She measured several moles to watch, but did not see a problem with the ones he wanted to remove. Do not go here! Trust me, I’m an RN.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
I was a patient for 19 years. Today, I made the heartbreaking decision to leave Dr. Karakashian's care. His office manager treated me with contempt and bullied me about my choice of insurance when I alerted him of a grievance with my insurer over a bill. I have filed complaints with HHS and the state. When the doctor did not show an appropriate level of concern for my issue, I walked out. After receiving empathetic, compassionate care since I was a kid, I have parted ways in outrage.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
Dr K is a visionary with a great bedside manner and he doesn't overdo anything. Thank you for your expertise
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
Over the years, I have seen Dr. Karakashian whenever I have had an dermatology issue. He is extremely patient, and gentle and knows exactly what the problem is. His treatment has always been 100% curative, he is very gentle and makes the experience stress free.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
I understand now why this office is always busy. He diagnosed my cancer in about 15 seconds after my primary treated it as a boil for three months. He treated the cancer without even leaving a scar.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
I have never met a more rude and nasty person as the girl that works the desk. I am not sure how anyone can be that miserable. I would almost feel sorry for her because I cant imagine why someone would treat others the way she does especially when many of the patients are dealing with skin cancer. But given how bad this doctor is I am sure this is the only help he is able to find. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!! I cannot stress that enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
I have been going to dr karakashian for many years. He is very professional,polite and gets straight to your reason for seeing him. Staff are very nice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
Been a patient of this doctor for the past 2 years and feel so compelled to tell everyone how fabulous he is. It's nice knowing when I make an appointment with the office that I will be see by the doctor himself where the trend in the industry seems to be going toward doctors hiring PAs to see a lot of patients. My entire family now sees Dr. K for different derm matters and he has provided phenomenal care and service to each of us. He really knows his cancer stuff, unlike many other drs!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
Visited with Dr. K over the past 3 months 7 times for very bad acne after taking a recommendation from a coworker. I was put on Acutane a few years ago by another doctor in the area and have never been happy being on this because it is very dangerous for a woman who would like to have children in the near future. Too many doctors are too quick to prescribe Acutane!! Dr. K is fabulous!! He treated and cleared my acne without having to go such a radical route without any possible side effects!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
Dr. Karakashian is the most knowledgable and professional dermatologist I have ever been to.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
WENT TO ANOTHER DERMATOLOGIST WHO SAID MY MOLE WAS FINE. I GOT A SECOND OPIONION FROM DR. KARAKASHIAN WHO SAID IT SHOULD BE TESTED. THE BIOPSY SHOWED IT WAS A PREMELANOMA. THANK GOODNESS I WENT TO HIM
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
Dr K cleared my acne after 2 visits. My old dermatologist couldn't help me after a whole year, but I as always had to see the PA. Dr Karakashian always sees me himself
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
Saw Dr. Karakashian about 5 times. So my advice is not based on one trip. Avoid. All staff I've interacted with - especially Victoria and the doctor's parents - are very rude. Quick to condescend, talk over, raise voices. They also talk about other patients waiting room in plain speaking voice, for all in waiting to hear. Unethical doctor. Billed for services not rendered. Also administered wrong dosage of treatment knowingly, admitted after. Doctor is 45 min to 2 hours late consistently.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
staff is so rude i will never go there again
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
Dr. Karakashian is everything you want from a physician. He is pleasant, knowledgeable and on point every time. I highly recommend Dr. Karakashian for all of your dermatology needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?
Dr Karakashian and his staff deal with a lot of patients, some are in a lot of pain and are angry at the world. He treats your ailments and concerns with compassion and out you go feeling a little better. Skin cancer and its associated troubles can be scary. The good doctor puts your mind at ease and will explain the options, treatments and cures. His staff will help you through the insurance quagmire also. He came in on a Sunday during a holiday weekend to treat me. That's a real doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Karakashian, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Karakashian?

Insurance accepted