Dr. Gary Hopen, MD

Dr. Gary Hopen, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Gary Hopen, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Hollywood, FL. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 40 years.

3419 Johnson St

Hollywood, FL 33021

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Hopen

See how frequently Dr. Hopen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ocular Hypertension
Drusen
Glaucoma

Dr. Hopen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Diseases
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retina Diseases
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Senile Cataracts

• Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • Iridotomy
  • Ocular Prosthetics
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated 1977
  • University Oreg Health Science Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1978
  • University Pittsburgh Ee Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Hopen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hopen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hopen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hopen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hopen to family and friends
Dr. Hopen's Performance
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr Gary Hopen provided very skilled care in a very caring manner. I highly recommend Dr Hopen and his staff was their caring, competency, and efficiency. I am delighted with the results of my two surgeries.
in Miami Gardens, FL |
He's and his staff is one of the best I've been associated with, and I've been to a lot.
Hollywood, FL |
I have already recommended Dr. Hopen to my friends: I became aware of Dr. Hopen through my mother. I am very pleased with my results and I highly recommend him to you.
in Hollywood, FL |
Doctor Hopen listens to your complaint I switched from a eye specialist back in 2010 and thank god I did doctor H found a big problem I was going to lose my eye sight he sent me to a neurosurgeon a tumor the size of a golf ball was removed on my pituitary. Successfully! In 2014 had my right and left eyes done a month apart cataract surgery also successfully. Recommend him you bet I would my family has switched to him also. Hope this is helpful to all.
in Hollywood, FL |
Very professional, nice staff, timely appointments,
Dr Hopen is an excellent doctor. I have been his patient for many years. He recently performed cataract surgery that I needed. I would definitely recommend Dr. Hopen. He is very professional and an excellent surgeon.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Hopen discovered that I did not have an eye disease that I faithfully took medication for 23 years to control. he watched and tested me closely for a year to be sure. A couple of years later he found another serious condition relating to the retina in my eye. He referred me to a specialist for this type of thing and i can proudly say I got the green light this week, no more treatments, the condition was resolved. These 2 issues could have blinded me, my eye sight has not changed at all.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Whole family has been going there for many years. Dr Hopen and staff are excellent.
in Hollywood, Florida |
My name is Benilda Martin and I am very very pleased with the catarac surgery that Dr. Hopen made in my left eye and I highly recommend him to everybody.
in Hollywood, FL |
We both go to Dr. Hopen's office and find his work ethics, pleasantries and staff, excellent. I have recommended him to several others, and they called me to thank me for telling them.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Very informative and caring. Trustworthy.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Dr. Hopen is very thorough. He takes his time to explain everything regarding your visit. He makes you feel like you are his only patient that. He is never in a rush! He makes me feel very confident about my treatment.
in Hollywood, FL |
A very excellent Dr. We have been with him for over 10 years.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Hopen was very professional. His exam was thorough and he took the time to explain my condition to me in terms that I could understand. I will be going back to him and recommending him to friends and family.
in Florida, MO |
Dr Hopen diagnosed I had a pituitary Adenoma causing me to have double vision which came and went. Had surgery to remove the tumor the size of a golf ball . My other eye doctor who I used for years kept dismissing my Eye problems. If Doctor Hope hadn't recognized my problem I could have gone blind. Thank GOD for his talents
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Hopen and his staff are wonderful caring and helpful. Dr. Hopen explains everything and helps you make the correct choice with replacing lenses for cataract surgery. Never feel rushed as he takes his time and makes you feel like the only one there.
in Hollywood, FL |
extremely thorough, very knowledgeable, patient comes first, spends time, listens, explains carefully
Hollywood, FL |
I have gone to Dr Hopen for many years and would highly recommend him to my family and friends. In fact, I have done so. He is very thorough and spends all the time you need for any questions or problems. Very pleasant personality!
Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Hopen is the best doctor every. He runs on time, answers all my questions and makes me feel very at ease. I will only see Dr. Hopen
Have you seen Dr. Gary Hopen, MD?
Are you Dr. Hopen?