Dr. Gary Gettelfinger, MD

Anesthesiology | Male

Dr. Gary Gettelfinger, MD
Dr. Gary Gettelfinger, MD is an anesthesiology doctor who practices in Bloomington, IN. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Gettelfinger is affiliated with Indiana University Health Bloomington Hospital.

Dr. Gettelfinger's Experience

See how Dr. Gettelfinger's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gettelfinger

Dr. Gettelfinger accepts 3 insurance carriers

Dr. Gettelfinger is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gettelfinger has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gettelfinger's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gettelfinger to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Gettelfinger's Performance
in IL |
The most understanding and compassionate Dr I have ever had. The same can be said for all the staff as well. Dr. Gettlefinger was and is a breath of fresh air compared to my first pain Dr who lost his medical license. Having worked in health care for # of years I can say you can't get any better care. I have been a patient of his for over 10 years and wouldn't think of going to anyone but him.
Bloomington, IN |
I was treated with such great compassionate & empathetic care at this pain center. The DR. & his staff showed terrific listening, communication, & medical skills for dealing with a person in great pain. Would highly recommend Dr. Gettelfinger & his caring staff.
Bloomington, IN |
Do Not see this person. Unprofessional - took a 35 minute call during exam - he lied to me about why I was there - He says I was there for RSD/CRPS and My Dr. had ruled it out. Spent the whole visit telling me I have this without any supporting diagnosis from my foot surgeon. He took no notes he had no comp0uter and NO ACCESS to IU Health Medical files/history. He had no idea who I am and why I was there. He never followed up with referral to friend for Spinal Implant... IU Does NOT Care
in Bloomington, IN |
Have seen Dr. Gettelfinger for over 6 years now for chronic pain. He has always listened to everything I had to say and work with me on the pain. He is a very professional and has been of big help to me. I Have a very high tolerance to all medications so it makes it hard to find what will work. Would highly recommend Dr. Gettelfinger to anyone. Very polite, courteous, concerned and focused on helping you fell better. Hard to find a very good Dr., but I have. Lee
Bloomington, IN |
I have seen Dr. Gettelfinger for about 10 yrs for cervical & shoulder pain. I have always found him to be very caring, competent, and professional. He is also a very good communicator. If I have questions or problems after an epidural injection, I can text him directly and he answers me almost immediately. He also helped me titre down or decrease my oral pain meds. Good doc!
Bloomington, IN |
Dangerous. I seen this doctor for what was already un-survivable pain. He administered a medication that made the pain much worse! After I told him this, he made a few statements that were out-right lies. I wish I had never seen this doctor.I don't know how he gets away with this. Terrible.
Have you seen Dr. Gary Gettelfinger, MD?
Are you Dr. Gettelfinger?

Compare Dr. Gettelfinger

Dr. Gettelfinger's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Anesthesiology
    •  Board certified in Anesthesiology
    •  Malpractice claims in Indiana not available

Dr. Gettelfinger has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gettelfinger's Board Certifications

• Anesthesiology

Dr. Gettelfinger does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Gettelfinger and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

In Univ Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1987

Clarian Indiana University Hospital

Dr. Gettelfinger does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gettelfinger and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Anesthesiology

Dr. Gettelfinger does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Gettelfinger and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.